SODE issues

• Developer

Nothing to worry about...

I was optimizing the code and those errors got mistakenly introduced in V1.4.2. Technical background info: I was removing key-press handlers when no customized menu is needed, but forgot to remove the corresponding SimConnect API call. That's why SimConnect is moaning about non-existing handlers...Doesn't change the behaviour of SODE nor does it crash something. Fixed in V1.4.3 by the way...

Also, I have degraded the VDGS message in the log from WARN to INFO in V1.4.3.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, since there are still people with SODE problems, I thougt I will rework my troubleshooting guide for SODE to be compatible with FSX (FSX-SE should be similar).

The P3Dv3 version can be found here:

Make sure you have the newest scenery installers, that support SODE 1.3 and newer.

With the switch from 1.2 to 1.3 the SODE structure was changed, and some functions don't work any longer with "old" addons (they had to be recompiled and rerelased by the developers).

If your installer/addon does not support the new structure you have to migrate manually (how, is written in the Guide, see at the end).

Important:

Don't mix up

C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\

You can choose the install folder for SODE during installation, so only

can be different!

You can also try to run the SODEPlatformManager.exe. Unregister and deactivate SODE then Register and activate it again. Maybe it helps.

1. Install your addons

2. Install latest SODE (1.4.2) from http://sode.12bpilot.ch/

3. Check if everything is correct

3.1. use the dll.xml in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

the correct entry is:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

3.2. use the exe.xml in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

the correct entry is:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>FSX</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>

3.3 use the fsx.cfg in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

In the section [MAIN] you will find this:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

check if that lines exist:

SimObjectPaths.6=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.7=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects

there can be more entries, the order is not important, make sure that the numbering is consistent [0,1,2,3,...] in the whole sequence.

3.4 the addon specific SODE files belong to this folders (not all installers move them there automatic, then read the addon manuals!):

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml

Example:

Please login to display this image.

There are at least two addons that don't care of the SODE developer guidelines. ENAT and TNCB. Both are SODE 1.3 and newer compatible, but install their files different:

[FS_ROOT_FOLDER]\SimObjects\Misc

More Information about SODE is available in section downloads at http://sode.12bpilot.ch/

Read:

SODE User Guide

SODE Migration Guide

SODE Filesystem Overview

• 1 month later...

Thanks Mathijs.

I installed SODE 1.5.1 because during scenery installing (FSX) , installer asked to install latest SODE.

On SODE webpage i read:

This version supports all the previous sims as well as the new Prepar3D v4.

Could I have some negative effects with 1.5.1 on FSX?

BRGDS

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, with the release of Prepar3Dv4 a lot changed regarding the activation of SODE inside Prepar3D v3 and v4, because SODE 1.5.x now works different.For FSX and P3Dv2 it is still the old technique!

If you run Prepar3D v2, you can find the old guide here:

If you are running FSX or FSX-SE, you will find the guide here:

Make sure you have the newest scenery installers, that support SODE 1.3 and newer.

With the switch from 1.2 to 1.3 the SODE structure was changed, and some functions don't work any longer with "old" addons (they had to be recompiled and rerelased by the developers).

If your installer/addon does not support the new structure you have to migrate manually (how, is written in the Guide, see at the end).

Important:

Don't mix up

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\

You can choose the install folder for SODE during installation, so only

can be different!

You can also try to run the SODEPlatformManager.exe. Unregister and deactivate SODE then Register and activate it again. Maybe it helps.

Ok, let’s start (only for Prepar3D v3 and v4!): 

With the change from 1.4.x to 1.5.x the dll.xml and exe.xml is no longer needed.

1. Install your addons

2. Install latest SODE (1.5.2) from http://sode.12bpilot.ch/

3. Check if everything is correct (for P3Dv3 change v4 to v3 and remove the 64)

3.1. use the add-ons.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

the correct entry is:

[Package.0]

PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\P3Dv4

TITLE=SODE

ACTIVE=true

REQUIRED=false

there can be more entries, the order is not important, make sure that the numbering is consistent [0,1,2,3,...] in the whole sequence.

3.2. use the add-on.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\P3Dv4

the correct entry is:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="3,3" id="add-on">

<AddOn.Name>SODE</AddOn.Name>

<AddOn.Description>SimObject Display Engine P3Dv4 (c) 12bPilot</AddOn.Description>   

<AddOn.Component>

<Category>EXE</Category>

<Path>..\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>

<CommandLine>P3Dv4</CommandLine>

</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>

<Category>DLL</Category>

<Path>..\SimObjectAnimationModule64.dll</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>

<Category>SimObjects</Category>

<Path>..\data\SimObjects</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>

<Category>SimObjects</Category>

<Path>C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

3.3 the addon specific SODE files belong to this folders (not all installers move them there automatic, then read the addon manuals!):

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects

Example:

There are some addons that handle the simobjects different than the SODE developer guidelines. For example ENAT and TNCB.

[FS_ROOT_FOLDER]\SimObjects\Misc

More Information about SODE is available in section downloads at http://sode.12bpilot.ch/

Read:

SODE User Guide

SODE Migration Guide

SODE Filesystem Overview

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 17 Minuten, alireza.kish sagte:

hi 

when i want installing any scenery from aerosoft on p3d v4 get me this error   .

i install sode v1.5.2

You can ignore this message. SODE did a major change from 1.2 to 1.3 in file structure. Older addons that used 1.2 are no longer compatible with 1.3 and newer. It warns you, that if you have old addons, you will get problems with them. But now all addons should be available in a 1.3+ compatible version. Thats all.

11 hours ago, masterhawk said:

You can ignore this message. SODE did a major change from 1.2 to 1.3 in file structure. Older addons that used 1.2 are no longer compatible with 1.3 and newer. It warns you, that if you have old addons, you will get problems with them. But now all addons should be available in a 1.3+ compatible version. Thats all.

yes i can click ok and ignore it and continue setup , but when i go to scenery not show me correct (miss Jetway) for example aerosoft Bergen  v1.03

2- get this massage for all aerosoft scenery on p3dv4 i think This is not natural.

3- i install last version sode 1.5.2 And it usually should not be a problem but i have problem

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , alireza.kish sagte:

yes i can click ok and ignore it and continue setup , but when i go to scenery not show me correct (miss Jetway) for example aerosoft Bergen  v1.03

2- get this massage for all aerosoft scenery on p3dv4 i think This is not natural.

3- i install last version sode 1.5.2 And it usually should not be a problem but i have problem

1. Ok, do you have the SODE entry in the addon menue?

If not, try to reinstall it, and don't forget to register and activate SODE via the SODEPlatformManager. I recommend to read post #286 inside this topic. Also the mentioned documents. Then you get an understanding of SODE, and troubleshooting should be easy.

2. Do you have the corresponding addonfiles inside:

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects or [FS_ROOT_FOLDER]\SimObjects\Misc

3. Did you follow the instructions of the addons inside the corresponding manual? Some require settings inside a config tool.

4. You will get this warning with all addons that require SODE. It is automaticly displayed by the installer, don't worry.

copyrights of this screenshot belongs JoErlend

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

1. Ok, do you have the SODE entry in the addon menue?

If not, try to reinstall it, and don't forget to register and activate SODE via the SODEPlatformManager. I recommend to read post #286 inside this topic. Also the mentioned documents. Then you get an understanding of SODE, and troubleshooting should be easy.

2. Do you have the corresponding addonfiles inside:

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects or [FS_ROOT_FOLDER]\SimObjects\Misc

3. Did you follow the instructions of the addons inside the corresponding manual? Some require settings inside a config tool.

4. You will get this warning with all addons that require SODE. It is automaticly displayed by the installer, don't worry.

copyrights of this screenshot belongs JoErlend

1 & 2- thanks for your response pls see my photo , yes i insttal 1.5.2 and can see in my addon  

3. no , how can i do it?

• Deputy Sheriffs

In your P3D folder under

...\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\BergenX\JetwayTool\Bergen - Jetway Configurator.exe, run this exe as Administrator, tick the checkbox "use SODE", click on the folder icon below and chose the patch to the sode folder:
C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE

• Deputy Sheriffs

Genova works fine on my system. So no idea what went wrong on your side. Did you run the installers as Administrator (right click on the setupfile and choose "Run as Administrator")?

7 hours ago, mopperle said:

Genova works fine on my system. So no idea what went wrong on your side. Did you run the installers as Administrator (right click on the setupfile and choose "Run as Administrator")?

wooow thank you solved it , how move jetway?

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, alireza.kish said:

wooow thank you solved it , how move jetway?

With the Tab+S shortcut you can open the SODE menu. There you can command the jetways.

This kind of jetway script is done to work with liners with doors example 737 320 etc you can also activate the jetway using gsx

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z017D utilizzando Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I've got some problems with sode. It seems to be working (there is a menu), but it can't find ENBR.

When I check P3D v3 / Simobjects / misc (see below) there are no sode files for ENBR.

On ‎21‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 2:11 PM, alireza.kish said:

What can I do? I did a reinstal, I've got the newest versions of Sode and Bergen.

Jeroen

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 21 Stunden , Jeroenvdl sagte:

Hello,

I've got some problems with sode. It seems to be working (there is a menu), but it can't find ENBR.

When I check P3D v3 / Simobjects / misc (see below) there are no sode files for ENBR.

What can I do? I did a reinstal, I've got the newest versions of Sode and Bergen.

Jeroen

Have you activated SODE in the ENBR config tools?

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived