SODE issues

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AS Website describes Ibiza  as "AES" or "Crl+J" compatible. No SODE and it looks as the normal CTRL+J jetway problem with "low" aircraft as the 737

On 23.7.2016 at 11:15, ca210270 sagte:

One thing I don't like in SODE jetways: I noticed that all SODE jetways, at least in the sceneries I have (LIRF, EPWA, LEVC), when docking to the airplane (in my case 737 NGX, P3D v3.3) have the foremost part, that is the part that docks to the airplane, that disappears when seen from inside the virtual cockpit and you see pieces of inside the jetway and the background scenery, and the front part of the jetway is invisible, really a mess. This doesn’t happen with normal CTRL+J jetways and Aerosoft AES ones. Is it possible to improve the visual model of the jetway, so that it’s seen correctly from the VC? Thanks.

On 23.7.2016 at 11:34, HardrockCafe sagte:

Can you post a picture? I can't imagine this. For me SODE Jetways seems to work perfect.

Same here: No issues with SODE 1.3.4. But as Cargo flyer I rarely use Jetways - so lucky me... ;)

Hi,

can anybody tell me please witch program is missing? I want to install the new version 1.3.4:

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for help...

On 4.9.2016 at 10:19, toga_10 sagte:

At Malaga, it says there are no jetways at the gate and no triggerable objects found within 12km even though I can see the jetways? 

Same for me! It really is a shame :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2016 at 9:19 AM, toga_10 said:

At Malaga, it says there are no jetways at the gate and no triggerable objects found within 12km even though I can see the jetways? 

I bought Malaga today and opted for SODE. I don't have a huge amount of experience with SODE as I use AES and GSX. But I do find it odd I have to tell SODE which gate I'm at. Isn't it able to work that out itself?

Maybe there are issues with SODE at LEMG and once it's fixed it will know my gate.

Running SODE v1.3.4 in FSX:SP2. SODE selected on Malaga install.

I've just landed at Malaga and parked at Gate 50. SODE gives me the following options:-

1 Select Other Stand

2 Deselect current Stand

3 No available service facilities found.

What's going on? Do I need to post this here or in a Malaga topic? is this a problem with SODE or the airport scenery?

I'm attaching the SODE log which seems to have found errors with Malaga. Hence the lack of response.

SODE_Log.txt

• Developer

SODE and Malaga issue solved together with Ray. It was a naming issue in the config file for LEMG. After the correction, GSX is able to send the correct gate name to SODE and the jetway can be moved through the GSX window.

Simwings needs to correct the config file.

I'm trying to get the jetways at MYNN to work with SODE but without success. Trying with a defalt A320 in FSX:SP2.

When selecting option 6 in GSX - Operate Jetway it just shows "connection lost" and "SODE is unavailable - jetways will not animate".

The developers of Nassau have provided no help in the manual on how these jetways operate. Is this a SODE problem or a MYNN one? Disappointing not to have a feature that was advertised.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 23.9.2016 at 16:09, Ray Proudfoot sagte:

I'm trying to get the jetways at MYNN to work with SODE but without success. Trying with a defalt A320 in FSX:SP2.

When selecting option 6 in GSX - Operate Jetway it just shows "connection lost" and "SODE is unavailable - jetways will not animate".

The developers of Nassau have provided no help in the manual on how these jetways operate. Is this a SODE problem or a MYNN one? Disappointing not to have a feature that was advertised.

Hi,

MYNN works here. If GSX does not communicate with SODE you have to customize the airport in GSX first. The SODE menu works and I can call the jetway.

Versions:

MYNN 1.01

SODE 1.4.0

P3D 3.4

Airbus 1.31

GSX latest

standalone addonmanager (latest, downloaded today, installed at last)

But you are right, there are errors. For example they modeled the jetway B28L but in the AFCAD is only B28. Same with B30. They missed in the AFCAD to include B28L, B30R and B18L.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 2 Minuten, Ray Proudfoot sagte:

Thanks  masterhawk. I have FSX so that may be the reason. Until the SODE programmer replies we won't know the exact situation.

Maybe you can checkout this post from me, to check if your setup is free of errors.

vor 42 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

But you are right, there are errors. For example they modeled the jetway B28L but in the AFCAD is only B28. Same with B30. They missed in the AFCAD to include B28L, B30R and B18L.

I don't think they "forgot" those positions but left them out on pupose.

FSX/P3D doesn't get along with those kind of "conditional" parking - you would end up with 2 planes parking into another (one in B18 and one in B18L)

you could add them for yourself but I don't think SODE would come along with that L/R positions as the parking spot has to be named like the jetway (or vice versa)

27 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Maybe you can checkout this post from me, to check if your setup is free of errors.

My dll.xml and exe.xml are fine. So is simconnect. SODE is correctly installed and registered. Everything else works fine including SODE at LEMG after Jeffrey's help. But MYNN seems to have more problems than any other airport I've bought.

Thanks for your help but this scenery needs the developers or SODE expert to sort it out.

• Developer

As the SODE developer (-> tech provider) I have to rely on the scenery developers who use the SODE technology to properly implement the features according to my own SDK. Most of the issues reported here originate from faulty scenery installers (files in wrong places) or faulty xml or cfg data, in other words, the basic file setup is messed up.

You can imagine that I do not have control over all those sceneries, installers, etc and this was my intention from the beginning, to delegate the responsibility of providing proper setup to the scenery developer. This works pretty good in general.

I also do not own all those sceneries using SODE...I just provide the base engine...so I can't test Addon XYZ for correctness, I have to use TeamViewer to assess the situation on the user machine.

So if you got SODE perfectly working at some airport and not at an other, then there must be something wrong in the setup of that other airport, and that is something the scenery developer has to sort out.

However, as shown, I am able to help through TeamViewer and if I wasn't in New York right now, I'd glady help you out another time :-) I'll PM you when I'm back on Tuesday. But I hope the other guys are able to provide a solution until then, because it seems MYNN and SODE play together ok generally.

Thanks Jeffrey. Makes sense that you provide the SDK and developers follow it. I'm in no hurry for MYNN to be sorted as the VAS consumption is preventing me from flying in and out.

Enjoy New York and PM me when you're free.

The problem of jetways not working at MYNN (Nassau) when using the GSX menu in FSX:SP2 has been resolved with the help of the SODE author.

Anyone who has this problem should replace the file IDS_MYNN.xml in the folder C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml with the one attached. You may wish to back up your original.

I will bring this issue to the attention of IDS.

IDS_MYNN.xml

I have a problem to activate SODE 1.4.0. It is not possible to do it. Im using FSX under Windows 10 (latest edition). I am not using GSX or any related addons. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for any help    

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 19 Stunden , flightmanager sagte:

I have a problem to activate SODE 1.4.0. It is not possible to do it. Im using FSX under Windows 10 (latest edition). I am not using GSX or any related addons. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for any help    

Have you manually checked if the the dll.xml and exe.xml files are in the path?

If remember correct in a fresh install of Fsx one of the files is not present. Maybe one of the files is damaged.

Could you post your dll.xml, exe.xml and fsx.cfg file?

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived