SODE issues

For the transition time you can have both SODE v1.21 and 1.3 installed, and depending on the airport you intend to fly you could just activate the correct entry in the exe.xml and dll.xml by switching <disable=false> to <disable=true> (and vice versa). Alternatively, you can use "SimStarter" to make it more convenient with just a few mouse clicks (dll.xml/exe.xml). That way it should work until all airports are updated to v1.3.

I still do not understand why recompilation of the jetways of the DD airports will take time until spring. The jetways are displayed in SODE 1.3, they just do not move.

Regards,

Chris

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just finished reinstalling Windows7 and Prepar V3.1 from scratch and spent most of the last week reinstalling sceneries but now I on each and every start up of Prepar i get this message followed by a Critical Error and Prepar needs to be closed..

SimObject Display Engine for FSX/P3D has stopped working

Any hints to overcome this?

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 minutes ago, Peter Nielsen said:

I have just finished reinstalling Windows7 and Prepar V3.1 from scratch and spent most of the last week reinstalling sceneries but now I on each and every start up of Prepar i get this message followed by a Critical Error and Prepar needs to be closed..

SimObject Display Engine for FSX/P3D has stopped working

Any hints to overcome this?

Instead of using bold and huge letters, you should have posted all details from this error message (either taken from the message box or from Windows Eventviewer) to have a chance to help you.

When talking about reinstalling Windows 7 and P3D:

- did you install all SPs for Windows?

- is Windows 100% up to date?

- did you install all MS Visual C++ redistributables: 2005, 2008, 2010....

- and finally did you also install Somconnect for P3D?

That's good information for me Chris. I was worried that 1.3 would remove the jetways altogether, rather than just stopping them from moving. I don't find this feature very appealing (but do like to see them) so I couldn't care less if they moved or not. I might just take the plunge and buy LOWS as I have been holding off.

Nick

vor 23 Stunden , WebMaximus sagte:

And the recompilation need to be performed by the developer or could people do it on their own by using the information and guides found on the SODE developer's site? 

Richard,

the developers do not distribute the source code of their products, so we cannot recompile it...

This is definitely a waiting game...

I had never heard of SODE until now... and wham, I am affected by this too... :(

Andrew (VPA255)

No, that makes sense. Reason I asked is I thought I read somewhere (might have been in this thread) how you could find some kind of conversion guide to be used for converting 1.2 SODE stuff to 1.3 but guess it was a misunderstanding on my side.

Personally not a big deal really to wait. I just disable SODE for now since I prefer to fly from A to B rather than playing around with different objects at A and B and at the same time risking micro pauses during short final etc.

the "conversion guide" ist just about relocating v1.21 folders and such things into the new v1.3 locations - it also states, that for some objects (e.g. jetways) a recompile bei the autors will be needed. (it's just for a "quick and dirty" move for people that are somehow "into" the structures of FSX/P3D and know what it is about.

I have gone through and converted the Rome xml file for use in SODE 1.3. The issue I can't seem to get a grasp on is getting the bridge to properly turn. 

Please login to display this image.

10 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Wow, that water and the reflections look stunning! 

What settings are you using? 

Thank you

The only thing that really ever changes is the building density slider. 

Thanks, I was mostly interested in your water and reflection settings and looking at the water and how it looked like a mirror I first thought you had the water effects completely turned off and only used reflections. I read some people prefer that over the water and wave effects that are not perfect as we all know but then I noticed by looking at your screenshots you are using the ultra setting for water just like I do so I guess the mirror look must have meant a very calm day with no wind.

vor 1 hour , dgraham1284 sagte:

I have gone through and converted the Rome xml file for use in SODE 1.3. The issue I can't seem to get a grasp on is getting the bridge to properly turn. 

I don't think that this jetways will work in V1.3 as they will have to be re-compiled - just adapting the XML won't do it

I have edited both the FSX dll and EXE.dll to include the paths to the respective files and they work perfectly without editing every time as suggested in another post. So i have LOWS with its night lighting and MYNN with docking jetways. Also EPWA and LIRF work fine though I still use AES for these.

Very useful thread.

John

What simobjects path did you use?

In order to have LOWS and EPWA to "work" with SODE 1.3, I need to refer in the simobjects.cfg to the old (1.21) Simobjects\Misc path, which contains both the SODE folder (containing SimObjects) and SODE_DYN folder.

However, if I copy the contents of the SODE folder to the new (1.3) location at C:\ProgramData\12bpilots\SODE\Simobjects and activate the paths in the simobjects.cfg, textures in EPWA are missing at the jetways and hangar doors. This sounds not logical to me unless there is something hardcorded in the EPWA scenery, because it should not matter where the simobjects are placed as long as the correct path is present in the simobjects.cfg. It might also have something to do with the new version of the environmental data probe.

• Developer
vor 3 Stunden , Cargostorm sagte:

What simobjects path did you use?

In order to have LOWS and EPWA to "work" with SODE 1.3, I need to refer in the simobjects.cfg to the old (1.21) Simobjects\Misc path, which contains both the SODE folder (containing SimObjects) and SODE_DYN folder.

However, if I copy the contents of the SODE folder to the new (1.3) location at C:\ProgramData\12bpilots\SODE\Simobjects and activate the paths in the simobjects.cfg, textures in EPWA are missing at the jetways and hangar doors. This sounds not logical to me unless there is something hardcorded in the EPWA scenery, because it should not matter where the simobjects are placed as long as the correct path is present in the simobjects.cfg. It might also have something to do with the new version of the environmental data probe.

Hi,

Some sceneries use relative texture paths for their SimObjects, e.g. EPWA. Check the texture.cfg in the  DrzewieckiDesign_EPWA\texture folder. I have edited mine so that it points to the main texture folder of the scenery:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Addon Scenery\EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X\Texture

vor 13 Stunden , 12bPilot sagte:

Some sceneries use relative texture paths for their SimObjects

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks a lot for this valuable hint! Sometimes those little things make me scratch my head. Great to have you here in the forum.

Regards,

Chris

Hi, I have quickly gone through these 4 pages but, to be honest, I understood very little :D. In fact, what's the conclusion? Will sceneries with SODE 1.3 harm those that don't have it, yet? Is SODE 1.3 already usable? Will Rome Fiumicino update with SODE 1.3 (due in beta testing already since the beginning of January) be released in the coming days?

Thanks.

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived