Trouble with cockpit view in new Beaver for FSX

billcline

No matter what I do, I cannot get the 2D panel to install in the BeaverX.

I have tried everything, hitting A, W, going to the menu and selecting the regular cockpit view (not 3D) but all I get is a full screen view out the front cockpit windows. Cycling through the S key, whether first hitting A or W will not get me the 2D cockpit (view 00).

I can get view 00 which may be a 2D view but I cannot move my view using the hat switch.

It's probably me but something is definitely wrong.

Beautiful versions of the Beaver, though!

Bill Cline

The BeaverX has no 2D panel....from the product page:

High definition and fast Virtual Cockpit (defined as main view, no 2d panels provided)

Hope this answers your question.

Guess I didn't read that.

Is there an easy way to set seat height and distance so that every time I go back to forward view out of the cockpit, the height and distance do not change?

IOW, can I set a 3D view out the front so that it remains the same when I open the program or if I temporarily leave the front view, then come back to it?

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
Guess I didn't read that.

Is there an easy way to set seat height and distance so that every time I go back to forward view out of the cockpit, the height and distance do not change?

IOW, can I set a 3D view out the front so that it remains the same when I open the program or if I temporarily leave the front view, then come back to it?

Bill

The default view location is defined in the aircraft.cfg files, look for the lines:

[views]

eyepoint=0.1, -1.25, 2.65

You can always return to this view using the and [a] keys. FSX has the viewing system very different from FS2004 and it takes a while to get used to. If you check out the manual of the BeaverX you will find a rather clear (if I say so myself) explanation of the viewing system.