Svolvaer lack of airport

Krupsion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

SODE is obviously not running on your machine. Have you installed the airport as Administrator?

Check the dll.xml and exe.xml file of your sim if it contains SODE entries.

(C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\)

14 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

SODE is obviously not running on your machine. Have you installed the airport as Administrator?

Check the dll.xml and exe.xml file of your sim if it contains SODE entries.

(C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\)

I have SODE entry only in exe.xml but not in dll.xml. What should i add to dll.xml?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have this following entry in my dll.xml file:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE DLL</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v3\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

But it's possible that you have this entry in a second dll.xml file. Please check also here:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\

5 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

I have this following entry in my dll.xml file:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE DLL</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v3\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

But it's possible that you have this entry in a second dll.xml file. Please check also here:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\

Ok, now im confused. Im guessing you have P3D installed on a seperate drive since its located on D: Mine is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\. Thats not the problem though, the problem is that i see you have it pointed to SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll. Where do you get that .dll file from? Only files i have in the SODE folder is SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe and SimObjectDisplayEngine.ini and the xml folder where ENSH_SODE.xml is located.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have several other airports installed that come with SODE, so they have brought it. If you don't have it, it seems that it is not needed for ENSH.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Krupsion,

please answer my questions.

For FSX the location should be: C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ (or similar)

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem. No buildings and blurry runway.

Running FSX Acceleration, with Orbx Norway installed. I have run the installer as Admin. I have no idea what SODE is, however I assume if it was required ot would have been included in the installer. FYI - I do not have any SODE entry in my xml.ddl. 

I have Aerosofts other Norway airports and have had no problem with them.

Any help would be greatly received.

I too have no airport in FSX and FSX:SE. It displays correctly in P3D v3, which I installed first, but don't fly in. 

I have ENSH_SODE.xml in FSX and FSX:SE

I have that and SimObjectDisplayEngine and  configuration setting in P3d.

*Edit*

I copied and pasted SimObjectDisplayEngine and configuration setting from P3D into FSX, and now have two animated men above no airport.

Ugh.

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Krupsion: Just to check if SODE is really running on your machine: do you have a SODE item in your FSX Add-ons menu?

Please login to display this image.

With disabling SODE on my machine (within the exe.xml file) I can easily reproduce your problem. So that's why I assume your SODE is not running.

Hi Tom A320,

Just to let you know, I do not have SODE in the add-ons menu in FSX. I do have a seperate SODE folder in my main FSX directory, which contains an xml folder containing ENSH_SODE XML. I am running FSX in DX10 mode - not sure if this has anything to do with this?

I have uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled with no luck. Same problem. If SODE is indeed needed to run Svolvaer, my FSX is not picking it up.

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Hazmat007 

Can you check your exe.xml (for it's location please see above) file please, if you find a SODE entry in there?

@Krupsion

Thanks for that feedback. That seems to be the proof that is not a problem with the installer on your side but with SODE itself. The devs are already looking on it. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

While FSX is running, what happens if your start "SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe" manually from the SODE folder? Do you get a SODE entry now within the "Add-ons" menu?

Archived