ALTN destination flight plan screws up main plan?

bpcw001

Hi,

yesterday, I ran into the following issue:

Flight EDDF to LEBL, ILS 07L, choose any arrival that allows a transition via SLL VOR/DME and select SLL in "VIA" for the approach transition.

Now, for the missed approach: LEBL to LERS

While still on the ground in EDDF, I tried to construct a custom route for the alternate flight plan (blue) to be followed after a missed approach.

LEBL departure via 07L, no departure procedure, only RWY 07L selected.

then, as next waypoint, try to add SLL.

Doing so will screw up the main flight plan by inserting SLL and the approach to LEBL ILS07L via SLL directly at some waypoints after EDDF instead of inserting SLL after the 07L departure fix in the blue alternate plan!

Also, when I have an alternate flight plan for my alternate destination that originates from the destination(!) of the original flight plan and I choose that alternate plan on the INIT page, the main flight plan will get messed up.

Is that a bug or am I doing something that is entirely abnormal procedure?

I would have expected that the alternate flight plan would then insert as "blue" flight plan right below the main flight plan, and not messing with the main flight plan as long as the diversion is not being actively activated.

Thanks for clarification.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

for understand, you have an routing from EDDF Rwy 18 to LEBL Rwy 07L - simple via SID ANEKI7L - DCT BISBA - STAR BISB4S VIA SLL.

The normal Routing ends with the GA procedure via BCN and manual (ATS), then followed an F/PLN DISC + FPL ENDS and then in blue LEBL and LERS as alternate.

For entry the alternate routing you have the same procedure as for the normal routing. Push the LSK left of LEBL, choose Departure and then Rwy 07L - SID VLA1B then insert.

Thereafter select LERS, choose Arrival VOR07 via RES.

You´ve right, an next WP SLL after the 2000 contraint from the alternate Departure, remove the SID and the routing in/from EDDF!

Archived