antarctica X

i left a couple of posts on the thread at xplane.org and have been following it. no replys to my posts and it seems no one has posted anything since the bad thing in France.  I was just curious if since aerosoft   had created that for fsx if one for xplane might in the works. did not want to offend any one am still excited about your project. just no one posting on the other thread

opps i went back to it saw you reply. question i read a different post warning people not to fly over the poles there was some kind of issue with doing that in xplane will there be issues with doing that with you guys new mesh?

hi ssimm,

no problem... flying over the poles in x-plane still results in a crash of the simulator. thats a restriction of the simulator and can not be influenced by our antarctica mesh.. i was in contact with the chief x-plane developer some months ago, he replied:

Since the DSF loader got a rewrite for 1040 I am willing to examine
these bugs, and fix any -new- bugs found in the DSF loader.  But if
there are still fundamental problems in polar flight, this may continue
to be something we won't fix.

since LR has no ambitions to extend the global mesh to the poles, i'm unsure if a bugfix will come. but thats not really a problem for our antarctica mesh, because we're focused on the most interesting parts of the continent, mostly "far enough" away from the south pole.

cheers.

Archived