Both ECAMs keep freezing

metalmike

Yep, absolutely nothing on the ECAM pages changes. I've had this problem on multiple flights. When I try to switch different ecam pages, nothing happens. The upper ecam also does not change with differences in thrust, entering new fuel/loadsheet, etc. Nothing. ND/PFD/MCDU all work fine.

I am using 1.31. I just did a complete reformat and fresh FSX:SE install just a couple weeks ago.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump, but has anyone else had this problem? I have avoided flying the airbus because of this. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, restarted, anti-virus off, etc.

To clarify, the ECAMS work fine up until or slightly after the engines are started. Then they just freeze in place. Everything else still functions normally. I am not using the 'force software ecam rendering' or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2016 at 9:50 PM, metalmike said:

Just an update, I turned on software rendering, that seems to have fixed it for now, we'll see.

Just out of interest: are you using Win 10? What graphics card?

Yes, Windows 10. Graphics card is a bit old - AMD ATI Radeon 5870HD. 

I suppose it's worth noting that on my old Win 7 setup, I wasn't having the problem. So maybe that narrows it down to a W10 or Steam Edition compatibility issue.

Either way, like I said software rendering has fixed it.

By the way, the ATI Radeon 5870 may be older, but the card is still comparable to the 7000 series (I haven't checked above that).  The computer I sold to a fellow teammate (i7-960) had an ATI 5830 for 5 years and handled everything we threw at it.  The 5800 series cards were IMO some of the best that ATI produced.

Archived