Request for Beaver X fuel selector

davidv

Is there any chance the order that the fuel selector switches tanks when clicked on could be changed in an upcoming update?

Right now it seems to go Forward / Centre / Rear / Off , which is exactly the opposite order of how you use it -> Rear / Centre / Forward / Off.

So if the selector could go Rear / Centre / Forward / Off it would be quite handy and avoid engine shutdowns in flight as you change tanks. Just a thought.

• Aerosoft
Is there any chance the order that the fuel selector switches tanks when clicked on could be changed in an upcoming update?

Right now it seems to go Forward / Centre / Rear / Off , which is exactly the opposite order of how you use it -> Rear / Centre / Forward / Off.

So if the selector could go Rear / Centre / Forward / Off it would be quite handy and avoid engine shutdowns in flight as you change tanks. Just a thought.

But that is how it is in the one I used for to see how it should work, I rather not change something so it is less realistic.

I'm suprised the real thing wouldn't rotate in both directions, but then again from my flight training alone I've discovered many things in real airplanes that don't work as you would think (or as well as you think, I've never seen a fuel gauge that actually worked lol).

If I am on the rear tank and click on it with the hand, it immediately goes back through the center, fwd and then to off. If you click on it when in the aft position and then quickly click again it will stop in the fwd position.

I can't imagine a mechanical valve, with a handle, not being able to manually switch it to any position. It would seem logical that you could switch one step at a time in either direction.

I am not that familiar with the Beaver but I wouldn't think they would set up a condition where the engine would shut down while selecting tanks. Am I missing a control function or keystroke?

Thanks for a GREAT AIRPLANE.

Tom

• Aerosoft
If I am on the rear tank and click on it with the hand, it immediately goes back through the center, fwd and then to off. If you click on it when in the aft position and then quickly click again it will stop in the fwd position.

I can't imagine a mechanical valve, with a handle, not being able to manually switch it to any position. It would seem logical that you could switch one step at a time in either direction.

I am not that familiar with the Beaver but I wouldn't think they would set up a condition where the engine would shut down while selecting tanks. Am I missing a control function or keystroke?

Thanks for a GREAT AIRPLANE.

Tom

Ahhh, okay. Now I understand. I'll have another look, but I think this one is dictated like that by MS. Check the same gauge in the default beaver.

Hi Mathijs,

You are right, the MS Beaver fuel selector works the same way. Very strange MS would set it up that way.

As I mentioned before, if you are in the aft tank position and click on it then quickly click again it will stop on the fwd tank. You need to set the curser in the center of rotation of the handle or you will miss the secondclick and it will then just go to the off position and you are now a glider. :)

If there is something you can do to fix it, it would be great but no big deal if you can't.

Thanks again,

Tom