Works in Progress

Next up will be Air Seychelles latest Bus S7-AMI c/n 1944 , a former Martinair and Etihad A320 IAE . This is another DetCord / Glanville co-production and will be available in the near future . Needless to say , changes can ( and possibly will ) be made before uploading .

Please login to display this image.

Having painted several Virgin America with sharklets , will now upload a few paints of the " older " airframes . Mr Branson does seem to have a sense of humour when naming some of his aircraft .

N635VA " my other ride's a spaceship "

N855VA " screw it , let's do it "

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Putting the final touches to N301DN Delta's latest Airbus :

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cheap Charlie and thanks also to Alexdpv and C Dreier for the reviews on the download page . The more the merrier !!

Now all I need is for Sir Richard Branson to pull out his cheque book and buy that A321 sharklet for his Virgin Atlantic fleet so I can upload that .

One of my " pet projects " has been to make several paints that depicted the lower construction numbers of the A320 . One such project was the 10 A320's that British Airways inherited from the original order placed by British Caledonian , delivered between 1988 and 1990 and were repainted in the Landor livery , registered G-BUSB to G-BUSK . These same aircraft were later repainted in the British Airways livery that is still be used today but were also painted with the World Tails that were either loved or hated by many . Having painted G-BUSC - " Sydney 2000 " , G-BUSE - " Benyhone " and G-BUSG - " Sterntaler " , will now follow with G-BUSI . This aircraft had two different World Tails , namely " British Blend " , designed by 12-year-old Simon Baldwin who won a competition and was flown as such for a few months and the second design was named " Wings " .

Seems that Delta must have found some secret stash of money as they have now ordered a further 3 A321's following on from N301DN . Have now completed N302DN but with pre-delivery reg D-AYAP .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was recently contacted by a couple of Aer Lingus flyers who wanted a sharklet version for the A320 / 321 fleet . Looking at the age of their fleet it would be highly unlikely for that to happen but this is for the flight simm , not real life . Am working on a set of textures and install manual for this to be possible ( recreating an additional 30 + liveries is too much work ) . At the same time I noticed that 2 of the Aer Lingus A321's have recently been repainted and several small changes have been made , so have now made an update to show this .

John, is there any chance that you could issue your amazing Delta A320 repaint with Sharklets?  While at the moment it may be a fictional scheme, they might add them in the future when Delta standardizes their seating to 157. 

The Delta A320 fleet is just as old as Aer Lingus , the oldest ( still flying ) , N309US first flew in 1990 , the youngest , N378NW in 2003 . My paint , N318US is from 1991 , this means that for Delta to " modernise " their fleet it would cost at least 1 million per aircraft plus lost revenue where most aircraft are surely in line to be retired due to their age . If Delta decide to buy any new A320's I will be one of the first to paint one .

Unfortunately the way that the " NEO ( sharklet ) " version was introduced , the A320 CFM type is the most difficult to make changes to , as the textures themselves have to be renamed making it too complicated for most users here . It just isn't possible to make a " what if " sharklet version of every A320 CFM paint I have made , there are just too many .

I made an exception for the Aer Lingus paints as EI-DEK was one of the first paints I uploaded for the AirbusX in 2010 .

Archived