Works in Progress

As the title says these are " works in progress " and are a continuation of paints I originally uploaded for the AirbusX ( now found on AVSIM ) .

Please login to display this image.

Thanks , these are " upgraded " paints that were originally made in 2010 or the AirbusX . Just add some 5 years further experience ( in painting ) , better quality pictures and newer software . With both airlines the tailfin has been redrawn along with the airline logo's . Just waiting for feedback from " my " QC ( Quality Control ) before uploading .

• 2 weeks later...

Currently working on Spirit Airlines latest livery with 2 A320's and 2 A321's with sharklets . There will be 2 aircraft with pre-delivery registrations ( one French , one German ) . Needless to say , these are " Works in Progress " as in my previous post . Things can ( and probably will be ) changed before uploading .

One question I do have concerns the ( I assume ) Spanish text used on the passenger doors and the Flight Recorder position ( I could use Google translate but that is never 100% accurate ) , so if anyone has detailed photo's of these areas ( or a link ) it would be appreciated .

( click for full size image )

Just uploaded :

A320 N643NK ( sharklet ) : http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3690-airbus-a320-iae-spirit-n643nk/

A321 N662NK ( sharklet ) : http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3691-airbus-a321-iae-spirit-n662nk/

N662NK was number 6897 off the production line and number 900 out of the paint shop here at AS .

Decided to re work my Virgin America livery ( N361VA ) and add the latest 5 aircraft in their fleet . First is N281VA " pineapple express " with Netflix logo's .

Following on : This is Version 2 of a previously uploaded livery for the AirbusX Extended . Logo's fonts etc. have been redrawn or resized or corrected .

N361VA : http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3701-airbus-a320-cfm-sharklet-virgin-america-n361va-version-2/

Noticed two requests for Delta and Virgin America so here are a few screens of what is very much another " Work in Progress " . The reason is simple the Delta A321 has only the tailfin and sharklets paint , the rest is still in the primer coating . The Virgin America has two possibilities as they may be going through a re-branding and COULD be using the same font as with Virgin Atlantic .

If Virgin do re-brand with NEW logo's , I am hoping it's going to look something like this :

click for larger images

Looking at my previous uploads for Virgin Atlantic , noticed that there were several " mistakes " . These have now been corrected and will be uploaded as Version 2 .

Noticed a request for an A320 IAE with sharklets in American livery . To be sure I checked American's current fleet and they have no sharklet versions for this type but are now repainting some of their " inherited " airframes . it is possible that in the future they may retro-fit sharklets to some of these ( have no idea of the cost or benefits - if any ) .

DetCord and myself have already painted most variations but somehow " forgot " the A320 IAE . At the moment I am preparing N655AW c/n 1075 in the " new " livery and will add a sharklet version with the same reg . Here are a couple of screens of a " no reg " A320 IAE and needless to say a " Work in Progress " as things can or will be changed before uploading .

I don't feel the need to make a paint that is already available , it's like re-inventing the wheel when you already have one :

It's very simple , install by hand , add the aircraft.cfg entry , change the number and finally , copy a texture.cfg from another ( working ) aircraft of the same type ( in this case A320 IAE ) .

Also , requests can be made here , keeps everything in one place , I am not the only painter here :

As I'm not sitting next to you , looking over your shoulder , I have no idea what you have ( or not ) done when trying to install . Your cryptic answer that you only see " half " , half of what ?

I have no idea how many downloads have been made of this paint but as it has been available since 2013 I can only assume that it will be several 100 . Is everyone having problems with it ? I doubt it .

I've just spent nearly an hour looking for an old post that was relevant . If you are attempting to install both clean and dirty repaints , this can cause problems but there is a solution . The post :

, it concerns the A318/319 but the solution is the same . The ONLY other solution if you are not willing to try this is to install one ( either clean or dirty ) and live with it .

Before you start to edit your aircraft.cfg make a copy first . How to ? Right click on the cfg , choose COPY , move your mouse to an empty space on the screen , right click again and choose PASTE . It's that simple , make your changes to the ORIGINAL cfg and you're done . If it still doesn't work simply rename the COPY back to aircraft.cfg .

Here is what I got (I placed the texture folder into A320 IAE and added aircraft.cfg section. Note, I did not ask how to back up the original, it was not necessary to answer questions that were not asked)

Anyway, nuff of this will use the stock tulip colors, thanks ; )))))))))))))

10 hours ago, John Glanville said:

As I'm not sitting next to you , looking over your shoulder , I have no idea what you have ( or not ) done when trying to install . Your cryptic answer that you only see " half " , half of what ?

You seem to forget that I am trying to help but obviously you are too smart to understand that .

No , you didn't ask about backing up your aircraft.cfg but it is a GOOD practice to do so and the reason I mentioned it has to do with the sentence above that I quoted .

Will download this repaint , install and place a screenshot shortly .

Have downloaded and installed with no problems at all .For your information , am running version 1.30 on FSX with W7 64bit ( you yourself did not supply any information at all ) , there was no need to change the aircraft.cfg or copy a texture.cfg at all .

John you're too emotional dude :) 

I have version 1.31 (newest), perhaps that may be the problem.

The install instructions go like this:

1. copy the texture folder into your aircraft folder (A320 IAE).

2. add the aircraft.xx section into your aircraft.cfg, the same procedure there's been since FS98 (almost 20 years).

I'm not home right now (typing from work office) so I can't post (copy/paste) here the instructions precisely but it's as I said more or less. Try with 1.31 and see.

Emotional ?? You're the one saying this paint doesn't work in the latest version of the Bus , all I'm saying is that it does .

Here is the same paint now installed in P3D V3.1 , Bus is V1.31 , again no alterations to the aircraft.cfg or having to copy a texture.cfg . In both instances aircraft was installed using the Livery Manager . I am not working for NASA , don't know Bill Gates and it certainly didn't take me half a day to install ( twice ) and I definitely don't need instructions on installing paints .

• 2 weeks later...

As I wrote earlier the Delta A321 was photographed in primer paint , no engines and with just the tailfin ( without the fleet code number ) and sharklets painted , the only things that are known are the construction number and registration .

Same applies to the Virgin America paint but with this airframe there was only an artists rendering available plus the rumours of a change in the font used  ( the same font used with Virgin Atlantic / Australia ) and other possible changes . There's no point in uploading a livery if it has to be changed at a later date .

Rest assured that the moment either of the aircraft are delivered , the paints will be finished and uploaded .

Archived