Copilot checklist stalls

teisco

Not sure this is the right forum section to ask but after the update my copilot stalls in two places. First place is, if I remember, during the taxi checklist or the after start checklist - he/she stalls near the end and I have to use skip to restart. Also at the before takeoff checklist he/she used to end by stowing her table but now it stalls without stowing it so I stow and the checklist starts again or rather ends correctly with the set takeoff thrust message. 

Not a game breaker but would like to know what is happening.  This all worked perfectly before the last update.

Thanks,

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

what do you exactly mean by "stall"? To reproduce the issue we need exact information what is not working as required. Please have a look into the Vol6 SzepbyStep manual and tell us what number of which checklist is working as expected.......

Regards,

Hanse

I was wrong about the table stowing as that was my mistake but there are two instances of the checklist stopping and not continuing without me using the skip button. I mad a video of the two so you can see exactly what is happening. The first is during the after engine start checklist and the other is during the taxi checklist. 

Link to video: https://youtu.be/GYVAa4a1Y78

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

there are two issues: With PITCH TRIM and TO CONFIG.

PITCH TRIM:

Please have a look into the "pinned" items in this section of the forum: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/101163-checklist-hangs-with-item-pitch-trim/

This is a known bug and we are working on it already.

TO CONFIG

I think looking into your video I know what you did. From the previous position you did not use pushback but used the standard FS feature to move the airplane to a new position. Doing so the FLAPS which were already set to 2 were again retracted to 0 (this is a FS bug which we cannot change). Therefore TO CONFIG did not work because the plane is not set to TAKEOFF CONFIGURATION. Use pushback or manually set the FLAPS to 2 again and there will be no problems.....

Regards,

Hanse

Whats your problem man, I just corrected him on my procedure. I appreciate all the help given here but if someone says I did something wrong to cause this I will correct them. 

Thanks, I love this product and think it is the best airliner for any sim that I have flown in over 20 years of flight simming. If my attitude offends you then to bad and I think Hanse can speak for himself. Anyway I have my answer so will not be looking at this thread anymore so if you want to rant than find someone else. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Coming back to topic: from your video it is not visible how you initiated your "engine start" resp. "engine start and pushback" CL, also the "taxi" CL and most of the "before start" CL is missing. It seems Hanse found the reason for your problem anyway, so please try his suggestion and report back.

And on a personal note: I took your answer (#6) also a little bit offensive. It's not about how long you are into flight simming. You have to agree, the even if it wasn't meant like that it can easily be taken like that. Posts in forums (just like sms or twitter messages) all lack the emotional part that comes with the spoken voice and the look into each others faces. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I looked at your video again and I am sure I was absolutely correct when I stated that the reason for the TO CONFIG issue were the flaps setting. During the first part of your video the flaps were set to "2" and during the 2nd taxi part the flaps are retracted........ This means the plane was not configured for takeoff and it is no bug at all. The reasons why the flaps were set back to "0" I do not know and was only guessing........ based on facts I know when this can happen..... and there are only two possibilites: Relocation of the plane or loading another ACFT STATE e. g. TAXI (both scenarios are creating this FS-bug). I think after the PITCH TRIM issue you did not use SKIP ITEM but just loaded the TAXI state........ So if you have a problem again first search the forum if this maybe is a known issue (like pitch trim) and then you use the workaround suggested. If you would have done this the TO CONFIG = flaps problem would not have happened. ........  

Regards,

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived