Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChinNoobonic

Nassau Issues

Recommended Posts

Thanks. Seems they're being economical with the truth. They did say they had sent an update to you as shown in this dialogue on Facebook.

 

 

IDS.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have I missed the sacramento update ?

which version number is this ?

 

see also no info about their manchester project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mathijs,

 

IDS have just replied on Facebook and said this... " He's not in charge for this project so he might not know. The responsible person got the update. They probably do the installers atm."

 

They were referring to you when they said "He's not in charge". And there was me thinking you were the head honcho. :D

 

I did ask them to post here as it shouldn't be necessary for customers to have a FB account in order to communicate with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentleman,

we've sent Nassau update on 19th May 2016 to Aerosoft.

As far as I know it's supposed to come out this week or beginning of next ( don't take my word 100% but that's what we were told that it's expected ).

Following things were adressed in this upcoming update:

MYNN Update List:
1) Sode V1.3.2 update
2) Sode V1.3.2 Jetway Update
3) Dirt effect on apron fixed in P3D/FSX
4) Approach Lights Aligned
5) Traffic AFCAD fixed (Aircraft taking wrong taxiways, Taxing Down RWY 9 and takes off center of runway)
6) Some perfomance tweaks


Configurator Update List:
1) Corrected Spelling
2) Added Option for On/Off Baggage Carts
3) Added Option for Auto-gen Houses On/Off

We're relatively new developers and do our best to update and release scenerys that will not lead into a disappoitnment. Some words said here and in other posts are very disrespectful towards developers work. 

We're currently in development of scenerys such as Liverpool and Newcastle which deffinetly wont have the issues you as the community reported here. Every project is a lesson learned and we do our best to fix it and make the next one better!

If you encounter any more issues after this update you're more then welcome to let us know. We care of you, same as we want to be cared of as customers from other companys. 

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does "some performance tweaks" include a reduction in the amount of VAS this modest airport consumes? Whilst the other improvements are appreciated that one is the killer for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 5 Minuten, Ray Proudfoot sagte:

Does "some performance tweaks" include a reduction in the amount of VAS this modest airport consumes? Whilst the other improvements are appreciated that one is the killer for me.


We have tweaked some things and hope to achieve a reduction.
We saw a decrease in VAS and now it's your turn to let us know.
If not, well continue investigation and corrections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I.D.S said:

Gentleman,

we've sent Nassau update on 19th May 2016 to Aerosoft.

As far as I know it's supposed to come out this week or beginning of next ( don't take my word 100% but that's what we were told that it's expected ).

Following things were adressed in this upcoming update:

MYNN Update List:
1) Sode V1.3.2 update
2) Sode V1.3.2 Jetway Update
3) Dirt effect on apron fixed in P3D/FSX
4) Approach Lights Aligned
5) Traffic AFCAD fixed (Aircraft taking wrong taxiways, Taxing Down RWY 9 and takes off center of runway)
6) Some perfomance tweaks


Configurator Update List:
1) Corrected Spelling
2) Added Option for On/Off Baggage Carts
3) Added Option for Auto-gen Houses On/Off

We're relatively new developers and do our best to update and release scenerys that will not lead into a disappoitnment. Some words said here and in other posts are very disrespectful towards developers work. 

We're currently in development of scenerys such as Liverpool and Newcastle which deffinetly wont have the issues you as the community reported here. Every project is a lesson learned and we do our best to fix it and make the next one better!

If you encounter any more issues after this update you're more then welcome to let us know. We care of you, same as we want to be cared of as customers from other companys. 

Cheers

 

Ver 1.01 was release early this morning, I'm not sure what was the VAS usage before the update but this is what I'm getting with the updated one:

 

NYMM.png

 

The only issue that I have currently is that GSX doesn't recognize the SODE gate and move the stairs to exit 1L. Is it something in the MYNN SODE configuration file or GSX needs an update?

 

Thanks,

Amos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check the latest GSX (1.9.9) version available on their website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ageva said:

Ver 1.01 was release early this morning, I'm not sure what was the VAS usage before the update but this is what I'm getting with the updated one

 

Amos, can you disable MYYN in Scenery Library and then restart FSX and place your aircraft at the same gate? Then read the VAS. The difference between the two will be the amount this scenery consumes. I have to say that only having 1215Mb remaining (in your image above) doesn't leave me hopeful the update has significantly changed things.

 

Also, take off from a nearby airport and approach Rwy 14. At 15nm out that is the point where the MYNN scenery is loaded. VAS reduced by 1033Mb for me. Hopefully it will be substantially less after the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ageva said: Ver 1.01 was release early this morning, I'm not sure what was the VAS usage before the update but this is what I'm getting with the updated one

 

Amos, can you disable MYYN in Scenery Library and then restart FSX and place your aircraft at the same gate? Then read the VAS. The difference between the two will be the amount this scenery consumes. I have to say that only having 1215Mb remaining (in your image above) doesn't leave me hopeful the update has significantly changed things.

 

Also, take off from a nearby airport and approach Rwy 14. At 15nm out that is the point where the MYNN scenery is loaded. VAS reduced by 1033Mb for me. Hopefully it will be substantially less after the update.

Ray, I will do it tonight and revert.

Thanks,

Amos

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To lower VAS more you need to uncheck things in the Add-On Manager. The custom Autogen city for instance adds lots of details but isn't meant for Route flyers. Some features are just for VFR flyers. We all add them to add the realism factor.

Make sure as well that you are not running ANY terrain or Phototexture Add-On in the same area.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I.D.S said:

To lower VAS more you need to uncheck things in the Add-On Manager. The custom Autogen city for instance adds lots of details but isn't meant for Route flyers. Some features are just for VFR flyers. We all add them to add the realism factor.

Make sure as well that you are not running ANY terrain or Phototexture Add-On in the same area.

Cheers

The first image was with everything checked on under the Scenery Manager, removing the scenery and you'll get:

 

NYMM2.png

 

Note that SODE is still loading the objects even if the scenery itself not enabled.

I will try later on to preform a test flight from MYSM to MYNN with the PMDG 737.

 

Amos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amos, that just over 100Mb saved. I'm assuming the VAS shown in your images is used, not available.

 

Look forward to your report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Amos, that just over 100Mb saved. I'm assuming the VAS shown in your images is used, not available.

 

Look forward to your report.

It looks like that the IDS scenery doesn't use that much of VAS. 

Now to your request :)

 

MYSM.png

 

20 Miles to MYNN:

MYNN_20_M.png

 

14 Miles to MYNN:

MYNN_14_M.png

 

Touchdown:

MYNN_Touchdown.png

 

Gate C41:

MYNN_C41.png

 

Frame rates were very good at all parts of the flight, no high usage of VAS. My P3D settings are at the max, no photoreal or mesh installed.

 

I hope this will help,

Amos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Amos for that report. It will be interesting to see if the VAS usage is the same with FSX:SP2. I should know by the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thank you Amos for that report. It will be interesting to see if the VAS usage is the same with FSX:SP2. I should know by the weekend.

Good luck!

 

Amos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there particular files to remove to disable the city and harbor areas?

 

You say not to run ANY terrain of photo areas, but, I do use UTX Caribbean, which is a fairly common add on for some Caribbean flyers.  It will allow a user to disable airport areas, but not entire islands.  I would prefer to just have the airport scenery  from IDS and everything else as is . . .

 

Thank you for any help.

 

Joe L.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have UTX TAC and wouldn't expect to have to change any settings in that to accommodate Nassau-X. I thought I was just buying the airport, not the whole island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I also have UTX TAC and wouldn't expect to have to change any settings in that to accommodate Nassau-X. I thought I was just buying the airport, not the whole island.

Ray, most of the developers today using a combination of terrain/photoreal to enhance the surrounding of the airport. In the shots above I didn't use any but I can try enable FreeMeshX and see if it's make any different and increasing the VAS usage.

 

Amos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 35 Minuten, ageva sagte:

Ray, most of the developers today using a combination of terrain/photoreal to enhance the surrounding of the airport. In the shots above I didn't use any but I can try enable FreeMeshX and see if it's make any different and increasing the VAS usage.

 

Amos


That's true Amos. And we ( speaking in the name of all developers out there ) do this for a simple reason -> Realism. Nassaus island is not correctly shaped by default so we've basicly redid lots of parts and added the city.

It's good to see that your perfomance is better now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ageva said:

Ray, most of the developers today using a combination of terrain/photoreal to enhance the surrounding of the airport. In the shots above I didn't use any but I can try enable FreeMeshX and see if it's make any different and increasing the VAS usage.

 

Amos

Is it possible to identify these files so they can be disabled? As I have UTX TAC and FTX Global I'd like to be able to compare the island with and without these supplied textures so I can gauge the visual change and also the effect on VAS.

 

What is FreeMeshX? Part of NassauX? I also have FS Global which adds detailed mesh for the whole planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I also have UTX TAC and wouldn't expect to have to change any settings in that to accommodate Nassau-X. I thought I was just buying the airport, not the whole island.

I use all the utx scenery, and was thinking of purchasing Nassau, but based on the problems I see remarked by users, I certainly will not.

Who would by an airport scenery to then have to deselect their terrain scenery, that's ridiculous. They have to do better than that.

Best regards,

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Is it possible to identify these files so they can be disabled? As I have UTX TAC and FTX Global I'd like to be able to compare the island with and without these supplied textures so I can gauge the visual change and also the effect on VAS.

 

What is FreeMeshX? Part of NassauX? I also have FS Global which adds detailed mesh for the whole planet.

FreeMeshX - http://ninetwopro.com/freemeshx/, basically is a free global mesh/terrain LOD10 dd-on for FSX/P3D - I found it good enough for my VFR flights.

FreeMeshX is based on regions and then coordinate tiles like that N20W080.bgl

Looking at UTX TAC is more like ORBX OpenLC which mean that it will use lots of VAS to load all those autogen...

 

My suggestion? Create profiles for VFR/IFR flights for your FSX/P3D - I'm using Aerosoft SimStarter NG to do so:

VFR - all scenery add-ons are enable, all maxed out under settings - suitable for low and slow flights with A2A, Carenado, etc.

IFR - Only IFR airports are enable, I disabled ORBX, FreeMeshX because at 38000 feet you really don't need those (IMHO). Your departures/arrivals airport scenery will load with max settings and the surrounding so everything in between can be default and save you some VAS.

 

Amos

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Firstly, thanks Amos for those suggestions. I only fly IFR and will only be flying Concorde into MYYN. I use FTX Global (minimal fps or VAS usage) and also FS Global (same impact).

 

With v1.01 I'm gaining around 138Mb in free VAS. Small but useful. My main complaint is when the airport and island textures are loaded around 15nm out. The sea textures are horrible plain blue rectangles which looks really bad. They do transition into water textures after a few seconds but it's at this point the VAS drops from 2327 to 1616 free. That's over 700Mb and when flying Concorde with its additional VAS usage is still going to leave me very low.

 

I really need the option of disabling the whole island's landclass as I use FTX Global and UTX TAC. It's loading those additional files that is probably eating the VAS.

 

The acid test is a flight to MYNN. I'm going to try one now from JFK. I'll be back in a few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...