Nassau Issues

ChinNoobonic

Flight from FSDreamTeam JFK to Nassau-X using FS Labs Concorde.

I'm sorry to report that despite the small increase in VAS it wasn't enough to prevent an OOM when taxiing to my gate at MYYN. For the last 3 miles on approach to Rwy 14 the FSUIPC Low VAS warning gong repeatedly sounded and as I turned into the terminal area to park I got the dreaded OOM and FSX shut down.

I have left enabled all the options with the exception of static aircraft and vehicles. I have many other airport that have 3D grass and don't have OOM issues with those.

I imagine anyone flying into MYYN in a complex aircraft such as Concorde or the PMDG777 will encounter similar issues to me.

I need to recover around 400Mb of VAS to make this airport usable. I'd appreciate some advice from the developer on how this can be achieved. I have no need for the photorealistic textures or detailed coastline as those are provided to me by UTX TAC and FTX Global.

I honestly thought I was buying a detailed airport, not textures for the whole island that would be so VAS hungry. Hopefully the developer (I.G.S) can recommend a course of action to reduce memory consumption. Otherwise I will not be able to use this product and will approach my vendor requesting a refund.

But let's see what they can suggest first.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flight from FSDreamTeam JFK to Nassau-X using FS Labs Concorde.

I'm sorry to report that despite the small increase in VAS it wasn't enough to prevent an OOM when taxiing to my gate at MYYN. For the last 3 miles on approach to Rwy 14 the FSUIPC Low VAS warning gong repeatedly sounded and as I turned into the terminal area to park I got the dreaded OOM and FSX shut down.

I have left enabled all the options with the exception of static aircraft and vehicles. I have many other airport that have 3D grass and don't have OOM issues with those.

I imagine anyone flying into MYYN in a complex aircraft such as Concorde or the PMDG777 will encounter similar issues to me.

I need to recover around 400Mb of VAS to make this airport usable. I'd appreciate some advice from the developer on how this can be achieved. I have no need for the photorealistic textures or detailed coastline as those are provided to me by UTX TAC and FTX Global.

I honestly thought I was buying a detailed airport, not textures for the whole island that would be so VAS hungry. Hopefully the developer (I.G.S) can recommend a course of action to reduce memory consumption. Otherwise I will not be able to use this product and will approach my vendor requesting a refund.

But let's see what they can suggest first.

Ray, I will try tonight to follow your route using the PMDG 777, let's see what results I will have.

Amos

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks Amos. Mine was a customised route to stay 25nm away from land. Your route won't be too different.

Can you ensure you have all options On in the addon manager with the exception of static vehicles and aircraft? Just so our settings are similar.

Thanks Amos. Mine was a customised route to stay 25nm away from land. Your route won't be too different.

Can you ensure you have all options On in the addon manager with the exception of static vehicles and aircraft? Just so our settings are similar.

Sure, I will set it up to match your settings.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Bad news Ray, you cannot squeeze a 777 into Nassau :lol:

Please login to display this image.

Good news Ray, I could fly a 777 into Nassau without getting OOM or even go beyond 85% usage of VAS!

You should investigate why you're getting OOM, I don't think it's Nassua...

Let me know if you need more testing on that matter, the only thing I can do to push my system further is to enable back ORBX and FreeMeshX.

Amos

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, ageva said:

You should investigate why you're getting OOM, I don't think it's Nassua...

Indeed, especially when using 2 addons (FSDTs JFK and the Concorde) eating up something between 1.5 and 1.8 GB VAS in total.

Hi Amos,

Thanks for your report. I see you had 550Mb of VAS available after landing. Please confirm what version of FS you're running. Is it FSX:SP2? Or are you running P3D? If we're on the same platform we can then check scenery settings.

Otto, this is a small airport. If I can fly Concorde from Mega-Airport Heathrow to DreamTeam JFK v2 and still have 500+Mb on landing then there's nothing wrong with my settings or Concorde.

29 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Amos,

Thanks for your report. I see you had 550Mb of VAS available after landing. Please confirm what version of FS you're running. Is it FSX:SP2? Or are you running P3D? If we're on the same platform we can then check scenery settings.

Otto, this is a small airport. If I can fly Concorde from Mega-Airport Heathrow to DreamTeam JFK v2 and still have 500+Mb on landing then there's nothing wrong with my settings or Concorde.

Hi Ray,

I'm using P3Dv3.2.

I'm not sure it's the scenery settings but something related to the area of Nassau is consuming VAS from your system more than it should. Try SimStarter NG and create a minimal IFR profile with only JFK and MYNN enabled. Once this will be possible to fly without OOM we can move forward and check which nasty add-on is giving you hard time.

Amos

Hi Amos,

I suspected you were running P3D. That handles memory quite differently to FSX. I have the freeware version of SimStarter (NG purchased but not yet installed) and I use the same profile for all my Concorde flights. The most demanding airport is T2G Orlando and flying there from JFK will reduce VAS down to 500Mb but that's still plenty. The fact that a small airport like Nassau consumes an extra 500Mb over Orlando speaks volumes.

I have established in the past that disabling other scenery layers has no effect on memory unless they are photo-realistic ones and I have none of those. In any event after departing JFK I'm flying over the North Atlantic until I reach the Bahamas so no other scenery is going to be loaded.

This problem is purely down to a combination of inefficient scenery design and FSX not handling memory as well as P3D. I await IGS's response.

vor 1 hour , Ray Proudfoot sagte:

inefficient scenery design

You sir should learn scenery development before making such statements.

There is deffinetly something wrong with your flight sim causing OOM's. We've got loads of people with FSX, FSX:SE and P3D not complaining about OOM'S like you do.

Instead of entirely blaming the developers you should check your stuff as well. You might have corrupted files installed which can cause a memory leak.

If there is still an issue after you have checked your files, we are more then happy to investigate into issues and help you.

By the way,,, Comparing scenerys with each other is useless as every scenery got different details/requirements.
Nassau got 3D interior, animated people, a realistic island and much more. A big airport such as Orlando or JFK got other features.

1 hour ago, I.D.S said:

You sir should learn scenery development before making such statements.

There is deffinetly something wrong with your flight sim causing OOM's. We've got loads of people with FSX, FSX:SE and P3D not complaining about OOM'S like you do.

Instead of entirely blaming the developers you should check your stuff as well. You might have corrupted files installed which can cause a memory leak.

IDS,

I have bought scenery from FSDreamTeam, Taxi2Gate, LatinVFR, Aerosoft and UK2000. All well established developers with a proven track record. I can fly into all those airports from another complex airport using Concorde and not experience OOMs. If I had a problem with my FSX installation don't you think it would result in OOMs at those airports? The fact it doesn't shows both my FSX installation and other 3rd party airports are not the cause of this problem.

The problem only lies in Nassau. 15nm out the VAS is reduced by a huge amount - over 1Gb. That isn't a memory leak. That's your airport eating that VAS both with the original and update versions. Commenting on your second post... " Nassau got 3D interior, animated people, a realistic island and much more. A big airport such as Orlando or JFK got other features."

Have you considered those features might be consuming a large amount of memory? When you say "realistic island" I thought I was buying the airport. That's all I require. I already have all the detail I require with FTX Global and UTX TAC. Orlando and JFK are much larger airports so why do they consume so much less VAS than your small Nassau? I don't need to understand scenery design to know when a small airport is consuming huge amounts of VAS. This is measurable, it's not a guess. If I was alone in having these problems I might suspect my system but look at this thread. It started soon after you released Nassau and others were complaining of a large amount of VAS being used.

I would love to hear from someone who has FSX:MS (not Steam) and the PMDG777 and whether they can fly from FSDreamTeam JFK to your Nassau.

You still don't get it.
After the update there are people reporting better VAS and perfomance.
FSX is loading parts of the world in sectors. So if one sector is damaged it' doesn't mean all sectors have to.

If you would have watched the promotional Video of Nassau and check the ads you would have seen what is included in the Nassau Scenery pack. You're actually the first one complaining that a scenery is supplying too much. But that's something else now.

2 minutes ago, I.D.S said:

You still don't get it.
After the update there are people reporting better VAS and perfomance.
FSX is loading parts of the world in sectors. So if one sector is damaged it' doesn't mean all sectors have to.
T2G
If you would have watched the promotional Video of Nassau and check the ads you would have seen what is included in the Nassau Scenery pack. You're actually the first one complaining that a scenery is supplying too much. But that's something else now.

I do get it thank you. I did see a small improvement in VAS. Around 140Mb.

I don't understand what you mean by that statement. If I had a 'damaged' sector (whatever that means!) don't you think it would manifest itself when I fly other routes? BSOD or FSX crashing perhaps?  I was able to fly KJFK to Pointe-à-Pitre International which is further south than Nassau. That scenery is by T2G and memory is fine. Wouldn't a 'damaged sector' also cause problems with that airport? It doesn't. Neither does St Maartens TNCM also in the same part of the world.

People have also complained about large amounts of VAS being used with Sacramento. There's a common theme here. Do YOU get it?

Yes, but thats what UPDATES are for.

We've repeated ourself thousands of times that we're relatively new and do our best to ensure that whatever is released will be fixed. Not sure if you have realised it already but we're talking here with you to actually find a solution. We could have had ignored you as well.
But it seems you don't get it and are very disrespectful towards us and other developers in the past ( won't state names because of privacy ).

So once again, please stay friendly and supportive. Otherwise WE can't HELP YOU.

A good start would be to tell us your specs and settings inside FS.

On 6/3/2016 at 6:58 AM, JPL19 said:

Are there particular files to remove to disable the city and harbor areas?

You say not to run ANY terrain of photo areas, but, I do use UTX Caribbean, which is a fairly common add on for some Caribbean flyers.  It will allow a user to disable airport areas, but not entire islands.  I would prefer to just have the airport scenery  from IDS and everything else as is . . .

Hello IDS,

I posted this thread earlier - can you please provide any input about deactivating the city/ Harbor areas?  UTX Caribbean is a base regional terrain, deactivating it would affect all other Caribbean areas which not be good when flying inter island between MYNN and other islands.  I do see conflicting placements of objects in and around the harbor.

Again, thank you for any help.

Joe L.

vor 29 Minuten, JPL19 sagte:

Hello IDS,

I posted this thread earlier - can you please provide any input about deactivating the city/ Harbor areas?  UTX Caribbean is a base regional terrain, deactivating it would affect all other Caribbean areas which not be good when flying inter island between MYNN and other islands.  I do see conflicting placements of objects in and around the harbor.

Again, thank you for any help.

Joe L.

Hi Joe,

we'll take a look at the sourcefiles and see if we can separate city from airport.

No promise yet , but we'll see what we can do and will share news within next days ( what can be done and what not ):)

Hi, I bought the scenery via SIMMARKET, any idea how can I get the update? The file available to download seems to be the older one.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is not the place to ask. 

2 hours ago, I.D.S said:

Yes, but thats what UPDATES are for.

We've repeated ourself thousands of times that we're relatively new and do our best to ensure that whatever is released will be fixed. Not sure if you have realised it already but we're talking here with you to actually find a solution. We could have had ignored you as well.
But it seems you don't get it and are very disrespectful towards us and other developers in the past ( won't state names because of privacy ).

So once again, please stay friendly and supportive. Otherwise WE can't HELP YOU.

A good start would be to tell us your specs and settings inside FS.

I have spent the last 2 hours flying the approach from 18nm out to rwy 32. I started by turning off all the options in the config manager. It didn't make any substantial difference to VAS consumed. At 18nm I had 2216Mb VAS available. At 15nm the scenery is loaded. This can be seen by areas of the sea changing to blocks of blue before reverting to textured water. Is that what you would expect?

A few seconds later the VAS drops from 2216 to 1161. That's 1055Mb. Again, is that what you would expect with all options turned off? The aircraft chosen shouldn't make any difference to the amount of VAS used by the airport. A less demanding aircraft will have more VAS available but over 1Gb will still be used loading Nassau.

I only have that amount of available memory because I'm loading a saved flight. Under normal circumstances I have around 1300Mb free so you can appreciate that when that is reduced by over 1Gb I'm going to have memory problems.

I've just turned off the PC but will give you my FSX (SP2) settings later. Here are my PC specs:-

Intel i7 4770k 3.2GHz overclocked to 4.4Ghz (professionally by the company that build the PC).

8Gb RAM

Nvidia 780 GTX 3Gb card
Windows 7 SP1

FS Labs ConcordeX

I don't believe I have been disrespectful to either you or your company. I say it as I see it and use stats to make my case. The news that you will try to separate the airport from the city sounds encouraging.

Here are my settings in FSX:SP2. I also loaded the Trike 18nm out from 32 and slewed towards the airport. Free VAS started at 3206136 but once inside 15nm it dropped quickly and on reaching the runway was 1709080. That's 1497.056Mb used. :o

vor 33 Minuten, Ray Proudfoot sagte:

Here are my settings in FSX:SP2. I also loaded the Trike 18nm out from 32 and slewed towards the airport. Free VAS started at 3206136 but once inside 15nm it dropped quickly and on reaching the runway was 1709080. That's 1497.056Mb used. :o

Hello Ray,

you may haven't got the impression but for us and others it sounded very disrespectful. 

Anyways.

Thanks for sending over your specs and settings and we will look into other possible solutions.

IDS, I don't believe I have been disrespectful to any other organisation so I'd appreciate you telling me. Either here (so I can defend myself if necessary) or via a PM.

I don't have any bone to pick with you as individuals despite what you may think. I'm just pleased you are supporting your product on a forum and hopefully we can resolve this problem to everyone's benefit.

Archived