Nassau Issues

ChinNoobonic

2 hours ago, JPL19 said:

There is the opportunity to give a rating 1-5 stars - did you try that?  I know companies can easily delete any comments on FB - happens in every industry.  It a marketing page for them, so I always take what I read there with a grain of salt no matter the company.  I don't think many people realize that all they are reading on FB are the comments the vendor wants you to see.

I do hope they address it - MYNN and KSMF both are great looking but I won't utilize them much for my intended use - primarily NGX or equal type flights.  I hate watching VAS constantly just to see if I am going to OOM - ruins the experience.  I am using FSX and probably won't change anytime soon.

I've just written a review and given them 2 stars. If VAS was okay they would have got 4 probably. Let's see what effect Mathij's nudge has.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I.D.S has replied to my 2* review of MYNN on Facebook and weren't too happy saying I hadn't given them enough time for a fix.

I pointed out that the airport was released last autumn and complaints here started in December. That's over four months ago. Plenty of time to fix MYNN. I got the feeling they only want you to post a review if you're going to give them 4-5 *. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Interestingly, a 5* review has just been posted in the last 15 minutes with no comments. Could just be a coincidence of course. :D

Hey guys, especially Ray,

we are in the process of locating the issue of MYNN. If you look closely and compare our scenery to default scenery, you will notice that we've reshaped the entire island and there's almost nothing default anymore.

There is even an update, ready to be released but after some reports we've decided to hold with release until we've finished further investigations.

One of you ( Ray ) commented via FB to one of our posts yesterday. It was very unfriendly and did not even allow the developers to react.

All of you need to understand that we're not a company  working fulltime scenery development. Almost no company does it. We all have jobs and familys and do this because of our hobby ( aviation ).

Some of you should be ashamed on how they speak with people about people. We're not 12.

We offer updates ( unlike other developers who are relatively new). We care of the community. We could have had said also: We don't care.

But we do. And that's why there'll be an update.

No one should not enjoy our scenery. And that's why we're working on a fix and will release it soon.

You either like our quality or not. That's how we develop and we get better with every release ( like all major developers did ).

Keep your foots still guys.

And until then,

Cya

Hello IDS,

As you've directed specific comments to me I'll answer them. My Facebook comments yesterday was not unfriendly. It was a statement of fact directed to a business. Rather than reply to it you decided to remove it which I don't appreciate. That's why I posted my review in which I said I would have awarded it 4* had it not had this VAS problem. As it stands I don't think it's worthy of more than 2*.

If you're going to run a business you have to accept fair criticism. I didn't say anything that wasn't true. It might not have been what you wanted to read but that's the real world. Again, I wasn't rude in my post above. I simply stated facts.

I've had a Facebook friend request from IDS without any supporting message. We don't need to be 'friends' on Facebook to discuss MYNN. If you want to discuss it privately then send me a PM here on Aerosoft.

I look forward to your updated scenery. Happy to test if you want me to.

We will deffinetly release an update. You're a customer and we're a community. There's no place to hate eachother.

Thanks, but we've got our testers.

Cheers

Ditto for me too.  I complained about this problem before and the only solution I was given was to turn down my FSX graphics scenery settings.   Which also did not work.   I am unable to use this scenery because of the out of VAS memory shut downs.   How can I know if Aerosoft produces an update to correct this?   Will Aerosoft email their customers that purchased the product?

57 minutes ago, mr.mario said:

Ditto for me too.  I complained about this problem before and the only solution I was given was to turn down my FSX graphics scenery settings.   Which also did not work.   I am unable to use this scenery because of the out of VAS memory shut downs.   How can I know if Aerosoft produces an update to correct this?   Will Aerosoft email their customers that purchased the product?

Aerosoft (or who you bought it from) will send out advisory message when update is available.

Will your update also an update for sode V1.30 , because its an disaster when loading a scenery

it breaks again the other installed. as far as I can see now Kilimanjaro and Nassau are the

only aerosoft scenery that still use V1.2 , I am waiting urgently for update.

must also say that VAS problems are not there anymore with prepar3d v3.2

since version V3  can fly again every single aerosoft airport with pmdg 737,777, where I never could

fly with fsx without OOM errors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2016 at 6:16 PM, I.D.S said:

We will deffinetly release an update. You're a customer and we're a community. There's no place to hate eachother.

Thanks, but we've got our testers.

Cheers

It's now 25 days since I posted my complaint about Nassau airport and the developers - I.G.S - promised to provide an update. No news here and none on their Facebook page regarding that update. I see there are also complaints about VAS usage with their other product, Sacramento. There is clearly an underlying problem here with how they design their scenery.

The problem of excessive memory consumption is well documented on this thread and goes back to early December 2015. That's over five months ago.

If there is no update in the next two weeks or at least some evidence an update is being tested then I'm going to take the unprecedented step of requesting a refund from the site I bought Nassau from. I believe I have good reasons for doing this.

having grown up in Nassau I awaited this release with a lot of impatience having seen a video that promised amazing detail at the outset. the reality is that the airport is quite a disappointment for me however having said that i do not have the problems of memory usage or transperancies and i use dx10 with fsx steam i also have made my own photoscenery of the island and the surrounding islands so i get a realistic flight from Florida

I was just about to purchase MYNN; not anymore. I was fortunate to have decided to check the forum before purchasing scenery, the negative comments on the scenery especially the OOM, and the not very supportive support has caused me to change my mind.

Maybe I'll wait for the corrected update. Maybe. I not too happy about the poor customer support on the forum either, another reason to hold off.

Hope you guys get your problems sorted out; soon!

Seems they have a VAS problem with EDDT as well.

Michael,

I.D.S reported on Facebook today that a fix for Sacramento has been sent to Aerosoft and the one for Nassau will soon follow. We'll soon have a good idea if the problem has been fixed. I didn't think they did Tegel.

I am sure glad that an update is coming soon, I have created a photoreal area covering the whole exuma chain and Nassau, and almost done with Eleuthera and cat island. Every attempt made to land in Nassau resulted in OOM, with any aircraft, hopefully now I will be able to enjoy the photoreal scenery.

BT

It's not been announced so presumably no. They said they have sent an update for Sacramento to Aerosoft but Aerosoft haven't said if it's been received.

But Sacramento was released 4 months AFTER Nassau so really Nassau should have had priority.

My patience is now wearing thin. Unless I have confirmation that Aerosoft are in possession of a fix for Nassau in the next two weeks I will ask for a refund from the company I bought it from on the grounds it's not of merchantable quality. Eating 1033Mb of VAS for a small airport causing an OOM is sufficient evidence I believe.

Indeed, I did like the effort and detail with what the developers did in Nassau, but it is incredibly frustrating to pay for a product you highly anticipated but which you cannot use. The last post from the developer was April 18th, it is now 1 1/2 months later, frankly we who paid for this product deserve to know of any progress or lack of it.

BTW,  on an unrelated matter, I just happened to notice that I have a negative 1 rating, and frankly I am highly curious as to how that is done. Does anyone here know how that "rating" is given or who gives it? Certainly having paid for or been given as a gift a few Aerosoft products, one wonders if we are appreciated as customers for voicing our opinions.

annber,

If you have a Facebook account search for I.D.S and post a comment against the Nassau announcement. That is their primary public face so they might be more forthcoming than here. I certainly elicited a response which they didn't seem to like but as a paying customer I'm perfectly entitled to voice my views.

Your negative score means someone voted one of your posts down. You'll notice the up and down arrow on each post. You can use those to show you like or dislike a message. It doesn't show who marked you up./down.

I.D.S Innovative Development Studios have now stated on Facebook they have sent the Nassau update to Aerosoft.

How soon might we expect this to take before it's available please?

Mathijs,

Can you please confirm if IDS have supplied an update for NassauX please? You said it takes between 3 days and a week and this is now day 8.

I'm surprised they haven't returned to provide some news as this is the official support forum, not their Facebook page.

Archived