Nassau Issues

ChinNoobonic

I've come across 2 issues so far with this scenery.

1. The lights around the airport don't seem to be DX10 compatible as there are several white squares under the light poles around the airport. In DX9 this doesn't seem to be a problem.

2. There seems to be a transparency issue with the markings on the apron as well.

3. The config tool throws an unhandled exception when trying to update, that it can't resolve "flybeyondstudios.com". See attached pic.

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Here are the images:

Here's a shot for 2.

A solution to 1 has been found: 

Got these errors: "Failed to load MYNN_RAMP_LIGHTS.dds", "Failed to load MYNN_SHADOWSA.dds", and "MAT.2_COLOR.dds" as missing texture alerts. Renaming MYNN_RAMP_LIGHTS_lm.dds and MYNN_SHADOWS.dds fixes the problem. However, "MAT.2_COLOR.dds" is missing from the whole install and needs to be investigated by the developer.

I'm running FSXSE in DX10 mode with Steve's fixer on Windows 7. I also notice there's huge VAS usage by this airport in particular compared to the others I have installed.

Further to my previous post, there are several other issues with this scenery.

1. The VAS usage is extremely high. In my attempt to lower this I tried turning off the dense trees from the config tool. That doesn't seem to do anything as the trees are still enabled. So I think the config tool needs to be looked at to ensure that it is functioning correctly.

2. The textures above need to be included into the main installer as just renaming them doesn't fix the issue since those textures could be wrong, especially  MYNN_RAMP_LIGHTS.dds  which I had to edit so that the light splashes don't show up during the day. 

Honestly, for a product that has been released not more than a week now the support for it is almost non existent from the developer. I understand that there are other obligations and resources being allocated to other projects running in parallel, but I think support can make or break a company, especially new company. I do like the product and I hope there are improvements to come from the developer.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, just ckecked it and confirm it in FSX also with DX10 and DX10Fixer.

Strange thing is that I can not replicate it in P3D:

Also VAS usage in p3D is some hunderts MB better then ion FSX.

We will hand this over to the dev.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

I know you said no timeframe was given, but it's almost 3 weeks since I reported these issues, most of which are simple fixes. Others have reported more issues as well. I've disabled this scenery as it's unflyable in it's current state since I'm getting OOM errors in both FSX and P3D with it. I've yet to see the developer's presence in the forums to acknowledge that a fix will be available soon. 

• 1 month later...

I guess this is the Nassau problem thread, so will post here.

Right now, VAS usage makes it unusable for me. I can't load into the airport in P3Dv2 without it running out of memory before finishing, so although I'm sure the airport is awesome, I have yet to use it.

All settings and addons the same, I can currently load a pmdg 777 into Flightbeam KSFOhd, on top of orbx NorCal, on top of orbx Global, on top of orbx Vector......without going over the 4gb vas limit.

But, I can't load a Cessna 172 into Nassau without hitting the 4gb vas limit before loading finishes. Hopefully it gets worked out, as I really would like to use the airport.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs
41 minutes ago, Thrakazog said:

I guess this is the Nassau problem thread, so will post here.

Right now, VAS usage makes it unusable for me. I can't load into the airport in P3Dv2 without it running out of memory before finishing, so although I'm sure the airport is awesome, I have yet to use it.

All settings and addons the same, I can currently load a pmdg 777 into Flightbeam KSFOhd, on top of orbx NorCal, on top of orbx Global, on top of orbx Vector......without going over the 4gb vas limit.

But, I can't load a Cessna 172 into Nassau without hitting the 4gb vas limit before loading finishes. Hopefully it gets worked out, as I really would like to use the airport.

Thanks.

Just checked it in P3D v3, where I have installed only P3D compatible addons like FTX Global and Vector and when loading the Airbus (dont have the T7 licensed for P3D)  I still have around 1.7GB VAS left.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

Having OOM crashes with Nassau X. I discovered that the VAS usage in FSX is well above 1GB which is totally unacceptable and points out to an unoptimized scenery.

None of the complex mega sceneries reaches even to half this amount.

The tool for shutting down certain "features" has no impact on VAS no matter of what is selected.

I am still looking for animated vehicles as per shut down option in the tool but no luck here. There are no animated vehicles.

Except VAS, this addon has another serious problem and that is the poorly designed afcad with the stuck traffic and missing vehicle paths.

This renders Nassau X unusable for me.

This scenery needs urgent and serious attention by Aerosoft from whom I bought it and by the developer.

Aerosoft is a good name in fsx addons, it's a pitty that now they do not stand up to the reputation.

Looking forward to an update.

rvm33

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I'd read this thread before I purchased NassauX yesterday for FSX:SP2. :(

I am also running out of VAS on final approach to this very modest airport. I'm using ConcordeX and landings into EGLL, KJFK, KLAX and many other complex 3rd party airports do not result in the VAS alarm sounding in FSUIPC4.

There is clearly something very wrong with this airport that the developer needs to address urgently. Whether it's a different software package to that used by UK2000, FlightBeam or other quality designers or lack of skill only he will know.

Did Aerosoft check the quality including VAS consumption before marketing this airport? As things stand it's something I wish I hadn't bought and sadly the Sale of Goods Act 1973 (UK) does not apply to digital purchases (although it should) as I don't consider this package fit for purpose.

Having flown over 3,500nm with a quality aircraft it's extremely disappointing that FSX crashed as I taxied to the terminal. I feel like I wasted 4 hours flying to Nassau. FPS of 2 and graphic spikes on approach means something is clearly wrong. Once I passed the half-way point of Rwy 14 the fps recovered to 25 which suggests the problem lies in the airport buildings.

LATER: I've just checked VAS usage at JFK with the Trike. 2176Mb free. At Nassau with the same aircraft it's 1505Mb free. Given the vast difference in size of these two airports it's onbious something is very wrong with the design for FSX. I notice the OP posted his complaints over 4 months ago and the developer still hasn't responded. That is not good enough for commercial scenery.

A response from the designer and Aerosoft would be appreciated.

Those of you disappointed by the performance of this airport in FSX and the lack of a response from the developer may wish to note IDS has a presence on Facebook.

I have posted my views on NassauX there. You might wish to do the same. As they are actively pushing new airports I imagine any negative comments will be taken very seriously.

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Those of you disappointed by the performance of this airport in FSX and the lack of a response from the developer may wish to note IDS has a presence on Facebook.

I have posted my views on NassauX there. You might wish to do the same. As they are actively pushing new airports I imagine any negative comments will be taken very seriously.

I was lucky, I made it to the gate on a KCLT to MYNN flight in the Airbus (320) then OOM within about 30 seconds.

KSMF from IDS is even worse (looks fantastic though).  Even with ORBX deactivated I have higher VAS usage there than at KSFO using FlightBeam's add on.

Joe

I.D.S appear to have deleted my critical comment about MYNN on their Facebook page. That hasn't impressed me at all.

They have no website and use Facebook for their promotions. I'm unlikely to do any further business with them and would ask Aerosoft staff again to invite them here to address customer's complaints.

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I.D.S appear to have deleted my critical comment about MYNN on their Facebook page. That hasn't impressed me at all.

They have no website and use Facebook for their promotions. I'm unlikely to do any further business with them and would ask Aerosoft staff again to invite them here to address customer's complaints.

There is the opportunity to give a rating 1-5 stars - did you try that?  I know companies can easily delete any comments on FB - happens in every industry.  It a marketing page for them, so I always take what I read there with a grain of salt no matter the company.  I don't think many people realize that all they are reading on FB are the comments the vendor wants you to see.

I do hope they address it - MYNN and KSMF both are great looking but I won't utilize them much for my intended use - primarily NGX or equal type flights.  I hate watching VAS constantly just to see if I am going to OOM - ruins the experience.  I am using FSX and probably won't change anytime soon.

No, but I'll revisit the page and do so.

I have a Concorde flight planned from TNCM to MYNN this afternoon and will use FSUIPC4 log to record the available VAS. I fully expect the same problems as with yesterday's longer flight from Manchester.

IDS still have no website which I find bizarre. To rely purely on Facebook seems very amateurish.

Hi Folks,

Wow - and no response from the developer ?

I was interested in both products - now on my "No-Fly" list...

Best of luck - gents...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Mathijs,

Firstly, thanks for contacting the developers. Hopefully the patch won't be too long.

I've just completed my flight from TNCM to MYNN in Concorde. Here are the available VAS figures for the various stages of the flight...

TNCM Stand - 1831Mb

Taxi - 1776

FL380 - 1943

FL586 - 1952

13,500ft 59nm from MYNN - 1851

16nm from ZQA (airfield VOR) - 1769

14nm - 736

7nm - 627

Landing - 524

Stand - 476

The obvious point is around 15nm out when the airport is loaded and a massive 1033Mb of memory is consumed. For this flight I landed on 32 but yesterday's was on 14. Maybe that account for the difference in running out of VAS?

Nevertheless for such a small airport to eat over 1 Gigabyte of VAS is unacceptable. Hopefully this will be addressed in the forthcoming patch.

Archived