Incorrect indicated airspeed with Beaver X.

azflyboy

I've been thoroughly enjoying the FSX Beaver since it was released yesterday, but I have noticed that there seems to be a bug in the airspeed indicator at lower speeds.

Above about 85kts indicated, the ASI on the Beaver agrees with the indicated airspeed readout in FSX, but below that, the airspeed indicator in the Beaver starts to indicate far slower than it should, and by about 45kts indicated (by the Shift-Z readout), the Beaver shows only about 10kts indicated.

I have tested several of the FSX Beavers, and the problem seems to occur with all of them. The display in FSX is showing indicated airspeed, and I am testing at ISA standard conditions at sea level where pitot ice isn't an issue, but I can't tell if this is an issue in the gauge itself or with my PC.

I simply swapped the Air speed indicator with the one from the default FSX beaver.

By the way the FSX Beaver ASI is calibrated in MPH and thus correspond with the values shown on the kneeboard reference section :=)

Wothan