Alabeo and Carenado updates for Xplane 10 +

haerts

Hallo Xplaners,

I am a 60 plusser, and I am flightsimming about 20 years now, for the moment I use Xplane 10.41, LM 2.4 and FSX, and I spent a lot, maybe a verry lot of money for planes and scenery. I buy this stuff not from 1 place but I have a couple of preferred shops.

No I made this observation for the last couple of months and even the last days. I buy 2 planes in the same shop, 2 days ago, 1 alabeo and one Carenado, in there own shop you get version 3.1, in my preferred shops I get only V3 with bugs, ask for the V3.1 I am still waiting,

A while ago I've got the Alabeo Waco from this shop the same time with another Carenado plane, (Xplane versions)when I try to make a new download for these files I noticed the Waco is still V3 but the other Carenado is V 3.1. In the past when you buy Xplane stuff it was an non written rule that when you buy scenery and planes you will get updates for the product untill the Xplane version changed for example from V10 to V11 not V10 to V10.41. I think this has not changed, but I think you are been forced to buy from the original site.

This topic is not meant as an assault to any shop or vendor, but my own observations about planes I can update or planes I buy a copy and get the old version.

When someone who reads this topic and would like to inform me; I have to write in plain faulthy English, I can understand that but I'm only a retired person who's native language isn't English or German nor French and takes flightsimming as far more then a game, and not have so much money left to buy the same plane more then 1 time for the same platform, to be able to have the updated bug free version. And yes there are planes I like to buy more then once to be able to change the flightsim platform.

I think the shops must check there products more for updates themselve and not wait untill the original distributor gives them the updates freely.

When I come in a supermarket they sell outdated food I do not buy ther anymore.

Greetings, Harry

Archived