Release : BeaverX released

• Aerosoft
Mathjiskok,

I have to say that this package, in terms of variety, low cost, and taste, is probably the best aircraft add on I have ever purchased. I love how the focus is entirely on the VC, in particular the mounted garmin. Wonderful frame rates. The Yarutay Tundra Wheels, Bates Air Ampbib, and White Air River Services are my current major category favorites.

The last of these planes, however, required a minor manipulation in order to work properly. It seems the texture.cfg file in the texture.cf-fhr folder was many lines short, lacking the fallback references to interior and pilot; hence, black vc. The solution was simple, as you have likely already figured out. I copied the texture.cfg file from a neighboring folder, and chose my desired interior and pilot, following the manual's instructions. Just wanted to let you know this minor problem I (and perhaps no one else) experienced, as the White Air exterior is fantastic. Also, I have a request, something which I think is right up your alley and would no doubt sell very well: a floats and amphib add on to the Maule - just a model/dynamics mod, not a completely redesigned aircraft. All bush pilots would eagerly pay, say $10-15 (I would pay more), and I can't think of any team more suited to the task.

Thanks,

Joseph

Thanks for the kind words!

However I am not sure I understand the texture issue. As far as I can see in the release files the texture.cfg is complete. But tomorrow we got to build a new version anyway and I will check it there.

I would love to do another Maule version, it would however mean we got to have access to the source code of MS and that is not likely to happen.

• Aerosoft
Hello Mathijs,

is their any chance that Aerosoft will update the FS9 version of the Beaver to the same high level as the new FSX Beaver? :)

Greetings

Tim

Sorry, but no. Just would not make sense at this moment. I will have a quick look if we could import some parts but I doubt it would be possible.

• Aerosoft

Thanks for the reply and infomation.

I did consider getting the BeaverX package over at the Simmarket, but getting it over there, I'd have to pay full price, plus an extra 20USD for the CD, bringing the total cost above 40USD. This kind of puts it out of my budget.

Before I make any desisions, I was wondering if there are any plans for a boxed version? Thanks.

There are no plans for a boxed version at this moment, but I am sure it will end up in carton at some point, but then with another product (like the Beech or the SuperCub, not sure about that).

• Aerosoft
Mathijs,

It's about 10PM California time and after many trys to download FSX Beaver, the process terminates after 2 or 3 resumes with 10 to 40% of the file downloaded, terminating the connection with error message: " file not found on the server" :?: .

Maybe I should have order the CD version! I download lots of huge files weekly and never experienced this problem for such a long lime.

Adding another server hasn't helped me. Am I the only one having this problem?

Regards, Bob

I checked the FTP logs and although busy the servers have not been overloaded the last few hours, not has the connection. I think there is just some issue in the internet connection between your system and ours. This week I will discuss a US mirror with our staff.

In your case I would suggest you let it rest for a few days and try again.

There are no plans for a boxed version at this moment, but I am sure it will end up in carton at some point, but then with another product (like the Beech or the SuperCub, not sure about that).

Thanks. Being a virtual bush pilot, I'm a fan of both the Super Cub and the D18 so coupled with either of those would be great IMHO. :)

I've been hoping to make the move to broadband within the next couple of months. (Since I live in the wilderness, only wireless broadband is available so it's the cost of the equipment that is holding me back) So I think what I'll do is wait and see which comes first.

In the meantime your FS9 Beaver is still a favorite. Had a lot of fun with doing a bush run today in it.

:D

fs9beaver.jpg

Thanks for the beautiful beaver, and also for the very affordable update price. I have (and love) your FS9 version, so I was very happy to see Beaver X come out so soon.

I have a request for a patch: could you please add zoomed instruments and gauges and make their operation easier?

Even with the instrument panel view I find it hard to read the manifold and rpm settings. And in the main VC view it takes me far too long to let go of the joystick and zoom in on the instruments using the space bar and mouse. Ideally, as with your FS9 aircraft, I would open a zoomed instrument window and if I had a second monitor I could put it there.

It's also impossible to get at the fuel selector and electrical panel because the yoke is in the way. And switching fuel tanks always yields the same result: whether I use the mouse wheel or the mouse key it always cycles front, center, rear, and off. I can't make it go from rear to center to front. The magneto switch is nearly impossible to operate, it seems it will only move if I grab it, but grabbing it requires multiple attempts by me. The battery swith is mostly hidden by the yoke, and all the other switches on the electrical panel are inaccessible because of the yoke.

If you can't add windows to the VC, can you maybe add a couple of views to get at all the instruments and gauges? And maybe give us a VC without the yoke. Oh, and please check into the behavior of the fuel tank selector and magneto switches, or let me know how to operate them properly.

Or maybe I'm just missing something. I went through the manual a couple of times and couldn't find any answers there, but maybe one of you can enlighten me.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Will.

I have a request for a patch: could you please add zoomed instruments and gauges and make their operation easier?

Here - try these. Just change the config numbers to some that are not being used in your aircraft config file. These were done for the tundra version, so may need a little tweaking for the others.

[CameraDefinition.xxx]

Title = "My Eyepoint"

Guid = {8187E259-2135-496c-AE36-0C1BF8105392}

Origin = Virtual Cockpit

MomentumEffect = No

SnapPbhAdjust = None

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = None

ShowAxis = FALSE

AllowZoom = TRUE

InitialZoom = 0.40

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ZoomPanScalar = 1.0

ShowWeather = YesAAaa

XyzAdjust = TRUE

ShowLensFlare=FALSE

Category = Cockpit

PitchPanRate=20

HeadingPanRate=60

InitialXyz = 0.000000, -0.07, -0.10

InitialPbh= 12.14, 0.00, 0.00

[CameraDefinition.xxx]

Title = "GPS"

Guid = {C0FCA0CF-44CA-4a2e-8798-773365C27575}

Origin = Virtual Cockpit

MomentumEffect = No

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = None

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = None

ShowAxis = FALSE

AllowZoom = TRUE

InitialZoom = 0.40

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ZoomPanScalar = 1.0a

ShowWeather = YesAAaa

XyzAdjust = TRUE

ShowLensFlare=FALSE

Category = Cockpit

PitchPanRate=20

HeadingPanRate=60

InitialXyz = -0.08, -0.25, 0.42

InitialPbh= 0.00, 3.00, -33.00

[CameraDefinition.xxx]

Title = Switches and Gauges

Guid = {48BF6420-9B11-4171-9E52-BF1421A853E2}

Origin = Virtual Cockpit

MomentumEffect = Yes

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = None

ShowAxis = YES

AllowZoom = TRUE

InitialZoom = 0.30

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ZoomPanScalar = 1.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = TRUE

ShowLensFlare=FALSE

Category = Cockpit

PitchPanRate=20

HeadingPanRate=60

InitialXyz=0.15, -0.77, 0.20

InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

Will (and others)

You can't see something on the panel? You can use the FS9 / FSX built in system for changing your head position. You don't need a program like cockpit camera or to figure out a preset view...

just three keypress combinations which are:

shift + backspace or enter (up & down)

control + backspace or enter (fore & aft)

shift + control + backspace or enter (left & right)

and the spacebar to return

• Aerosoft
Will (and others)

You can't see something on the panel? You can use the FS9 / FSX built in system for changing your head position. You don't need a program like cockpit camera or to figure out a preset view...

just three keypress combinations which are:

shift + backspace or enter (up & down)

control + backspace or enter (fore & aft)

shift + control + backspace or enter (left & right)

and the spacebar to return

yes, but it still not very easy to do all that for a simple glance at a gauge. I will see if we can create some sort of popup guage thing.

Hi

many thanks for the new BeaverX , with the reduced price for owners of the FS9 version is a real gift.

The FS9 Beaver was my favorite plane and the FSX probably will be the same .

Now If we only had an FSX Emma Field to fly from an to, it would be perfect.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply Mathijs. I saw in your post on another thread that release 2.10 will have 2D popups and that you'll be looking into the fuel selector issue. Your customer support is great as ever.

Thanks and regards,

Will.