Release : BeaverX released

• Aerosoft

The DHC2 Beaver was the best selling aircraft sold by Aerosoft online and now this aircraft is born again in a full FSX version. Totally redone to make use of all the features of the lasts simulator it is now available for download. As with the previous version we went for usability with this version and not complex features, if you never bought an aircraft online this is a perfect start. Over 5000 people thought so for FS2004 so there are loads of people around that can tell you about the fun of flying a Beaver.

• Fully FSX compatible, with all features new to FSX

• Separate internal and external MDL's (twenty each!)

• Fully supports extensive damage/failure model of FSX

• All textures in DDS format

• Includes specular, bumpmap, fresnels maps

• Additional VC views defined

• Extensive use of texture fall back folders

• Solid and dependable flight model

• Leather seats and electrical flap system (luxury!) on most models

• Five models, ski/wheel, floats, amphibian, wheels, tundra wheels

• Seven different pilots, six different interiors

• Forty-eight textures

• Extended manual, thirty-four pages, many illustrations

• Signed gauges, so perfectly safe

• San Francisco sea plane base

• Reduced polygon count due to bumpmaps textures

Online Price €16.75 (plus vat for EEC customers makes it €19.95)

Online Update price €7.52 ((plus vat for EEC customers)

Product page: http://www.aerosoft-shop2.com/products/beaverx/beaverx.html

All images done by Nick Churchil...

VC1.jpg

VC2.jpg

VC3.jpg

VC4.jpg

VC5.jpg

EX1.jpg

EX2.jpg

EX3.jpg

EX5.jpg

SC1.jpg

SC2.jpg

Hi All,

This is my attempt at capturing a bit of the feel of the BeaverX package. It's not an official vid just me trying to show this great package off.

You can Download it HERE

{EDIT} Thanks Mathijs for hosting this for me that should save my bandwith.

I want to say...

"Way cool :!: " with the taylorable interior and pilots. And also "way cool!" with the FSX failure integration 8)

(And also "thanks" for the African-American pilot) :D

Mathis,

Been flying the old girl all afternoon....... my wife hates you because I haven't gotten anything done....... but I think the aircraft is wonderful and have fully enjoyed this afternoon's flight.

Now.... where am I going tonight??????????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Cheers,

Steve

I want to say...

"Way cool :!: " with the taylorable interior and pilots. And also "way cool!" with the FSX failure integration 8)

(And also "thanks" for the African-American pilot) :D

I'm a little worried by the greek pilot, looks like "Doc" off Back to the Future! :wink:

• Aerosoft
Mathis,

Been flying the old girl all afternoon....... my wife hates you because I haven't gotten anything done....... but I think the aircraft is wonderful and have fully enjoyed this afternoon's flight.

Now.... where am I going tonight??????????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Cheers,

Steve

If you are looking for a great place to fly from, try Sitka (A29 for the water runway or PASI for the main runway), we used it for most test flights as you can find water, snow and tarmac very close to this location.

Hey Mathijs,

Does Aerosoft's new download server support download resuming? The last time I bought from Aerosoft, was when they were still on the old download shop server. I love your FS9 model so I'd really like to get this one for FSX, but I'm still using a dial up connection, it will take me about five or six download sessions. I can only do this if download resume is supported. Thanks.

• Aerosoft
Hey Mathijs,

Does Aerosoft's new download server support download resuming? The last time I bought from Aerosoft, was when they were still on the old download shop server. I love your FS9 model so I'd really like to get this one for FSX, but I'm still using a dial up connection, it will take me about five or six download sessions. I can only do this if download resume is supported. Thanks.

Yes, it will resume downloads. Also consider the CD delivery option that simMarket.com has fot this product in your case as it is a big 248 Mb download.

Hi Kofi

I think that African-American is out of line. :idea:

He is an American as any other citizen. 8)

Bye

David

If you had bothered to read any of the TEXTURE.CFG files, you'd see that all I did was type exactly what's written in the "texture.CFG" file in the folders - So please don't say I'm out of line by doing that 8)

After reading the description and reviewing all the great photos showning Aerosoft's new FSX Beaver, I couldn't wait to install it :D . I have been trying to download (using "Getright") the 233MB for the past 24 hours. I got as far as 53% complete and got kicked of the server with "unable to find site" error. After trying about 15 times including this morning, I 've decided to wait until everybody goes back to work and free up the servers :( .

Anyone else having this problem?

ComputerPilot

• Aerosoft
After reading the description and reviewing all the great photos showning Aerosoft's new FSX Beaver, I couldn't wait to install it :D . I have been trying to download (using "Getright") the 233MB for the past 24 hours. I got as far as 53% complete and got kicked of the server with "unable to find site" error. After trying about 15 times including this morning, I 've decided to wait until everybody goes back to work and free up the servers :( .

Anyone else having this problem?

ComputerPilot

Seeing you wrote 'this morning' I am assuming you are calling in from the other side of the pond. I have been noticing slow connection over the Atlantic the whole day, so that could be an issue, But also our servers are indeed running at near full capacity, we are adding more and this should be solved soon. But if you keep having problems let me know please.

Mathjiskok,

I have to say that this package, in terms of variety, low cost, and taste, is probably the best aircraft add on I have ever purchased. I love how the focus is entirely on the VC, in particular the mounted garmin. Wonderful frame rates. The Yarutay Tundra Wheels, Bates Air Ampbib, and White Air River Services are my current major category favorites.

The last of these planes, however, required a minor manipulation in order to work properly. It seems the texture.cfg file in the texture.cf-fhr folder was many lines short, lacking the fallback references to interior and pilot; hence, black vc. The solution was simple, as you have likely already figured out. I copied the texture.cfg file from a neighboring folder, and chose my desired interior and pilot, following the manual's instructions. Just wanted to let you know this minor problem I (and perhaps no one else) experienced, as the White Air exterior is fantastic. Also, I have a request, something which I think is right up your alley and would no doubt sell very well: a floats and amphib add on to the Maule - just a model/dynamics mod, not a completely redesigned aircraft. All bush pilots would eagerly pay, say $10-15 (I would pay more), and I can't think of any team more suited to the task.

Thanks,

Joseph

Hello Mathijs,

is their any chance that Aerosoft will update the FS9 version of the Beaver to the same high level as the new FSX Beaver? :)

Greetings

Tim

I had no intentions of buying anything for FSX since I've spent a mint buying FS9 add-ons. Anyway, after looking at the screenies and the incredible list of details for the Beaver (and Richard's video too), I couldn't resist buying it. :P

The price is unreal too! It's only $21.64 CAD. :wink:

Puppy

Mathijs,

It's about 10PM California time and after many trys to download FSX Beaver, the process terminates after 2 or 3 resumes with 10 to 40% of the file downloaded, terminating the connection with error message: " file not found on the server" :?: .

Maybe I should have order the CD version! I download lots of huge files weekly and never experienced this problem for such a long lime.

Adding another server hasn't helped me. Am I the only one having this problem?

Regards, Bob

Yes, it will resume downloads. Also consider the CD delivery option that simMarket.com has fot this product in your case as it is a big 248 Mb download.

Thanks for the reply and infomation.

I did consider getting the BeaverX package over at the Simmarket, but getting it over there, I'd have to pay full price, plus an extra 20USD for the CD, bringing the total cost above 40USD. This kind of puts it out of my budget.

Before I make any desisions, I was wondering if there are any plans for a boxed version? Thanks.