Few issues with KRSW

I bought the scenery yesterday, and it looks great. Just have two issues with it. I get the, " Could not load objects from.... Scenery may not look correct" message when loading into the airport. From what I could tell anyway, nothing looks wrong. Attached is my log.txt. 

The other issue is when on the rwy, appears to be wave like lines that show up. 

Great work on the scenery. 

Log.txt

Please login to display this image.

Hello,

I don't have this issue (...scenery may not look correct ...).

Is your library OpenSceneryX installed and actual? This is important for the Airport and its configuration....

And X-Plane 10 must be version 10.40 or 10.41 or higher.

http://www.opensceneryx.com/

The problem with the runway texture i will send to our productmanager....
We will check it...

Greets Heinz

Hi chevyrules,

I have already addressed the "Could not load objects..." issue at the X-Plane.Org forum, as you also posted it there. I will copy/paste my reply here as well:

Thank you very much for your support, and thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

After checking your log file and running my own tests, it seems that your installation of the scenery might be missing the library.txt file, which is supposed to be located in the X-Plane 10/Custom Scenery/Aerosoft KRSW 2_Scenery/ folder. This file is supposed to be installed by the installer. Even if the file is present, your system might be failing to read it. Because of this issue, the following objects are not being loaded and thus will not be visible in your scenery:

• Roof exhausts
  • Stop signs
  • ATC tower antennae
  • White, silver, black and blue static passenger vehicles (you will only see the red ones)

These objects, when combined, make up a significant part of the scenery, so we should try to solve this problem for you ASAP. First, navigate to the folder mentioned above and check if the library.txt file is present.

If the file is not present:

1. Uninstall and re-install the scenery and check if the file appears.
  2. If the file is still missing after re-installing, download the library.txt file attached to this post, place it in the folder mentioned above and check if the problem is solved. Also, please let me know if re-installing did not solve the issue, as it might be a problem with the installer.

If the file is present:

1. Check that the permissions of the file allow it to be read by X-Plane.
  2. Try opening the file to see that it is not corrupted.
  3. If the above two points are OK, upload the file here so that I can examine it. Then, download the library.txt file attached to this post and place it in the folder mentioned above, replacing the original, and check if the problem is solved.

I hope this solves the issue, let me know how it goes.

library.txt

Regarding the wavy lines on the runway, this issue is an 'illusion' caused by the runway grooves texture. As X-Plane draws the grooves in the runway, it starts 'merging' them as they are drawn closer to each other, and they appear as 'waves'. This issue is complicated and I will try to resolve it in a free scenery update that will be provided in January 2016.

Until then, the only way to make the waves disappear is to delete the runway grooves from the scenery altogether. This is a temporary solution, and it is a simple process:

1. Navigate to the folder X-Plane 10/Custom Scenery/Aerosoft KRSW 2_Scenery/
  2. Find the file 847.pol and rename it to 847BAK.pol
  3. Download the 847.pol file attached to this post and place it in the X-Plane 10/Custom Scenery/Aerosoft KRSW 2_Scenery/ folder.

You will no longer see the runway grooves and the associated 'waves'. If, however, you want to get the runway grooves back, simply reverse the above procedure.

Hope this helps.

847.pol

Hello Omar,

thank you very much for your attention.

As i don't have the "library.txt" problem (no error message here with Windows 10 and OSX 10.10.5), it is may be a permission problem (or OpenSceneryX). Or there is an antivir or internet security program which blocked this file.... ?

Do you have an idea for the other problem? Runway texture. This is what i see on the runway:

Greets Heinz

Please login to display this image.

Hello Heinz,

Yes, this problem is quite strange. The library.txt file is a simple text file, so I do not think any security software would have a problem with it. The issue is probably being caused by a missing or corrupted library.txt file, or a permissions problem.

Regarding the runway problem, I have already posted an explanation and a temporary fix, check post #4. This issue appears to varying degrees with different settings of screen resolution and anti-aliasing. Making a permanent fix is complicated as I need to figure out why X-Plane is displaying these 'waves'. I will find a solution and provide a fix as part of my January 2016 update. Until then, the temporary solution will have to do.

Hello Omar,

ah ok, i have overlooked it.. Your temporarly solution for the runway "waves" works fine here.... Thank you...

And i want to say that this is a fine airport. Thank's for that.....

Greets Heinz

Thanks for the replies Omar and Heinz, 

I will keep my replies here since this would be the more appropriate place for support than the .org thread. 

Thanks for the reason about the wavy lines in the runway. I can live with it as the runway textures are really great. Just thought I would bring it up. 

Still having the issue. I made sure my opensceneryx was up to date,the library.txt file is present, downloaded the library.txt file you provided, uninstalled the package and reinstalled it. 

Here is the library.txt file the scenery came with. 

library.txt

Thank you for the feedback. Your library.txt file looks fine. After doing some more tests, it seems the issue might be occurring due to the actual object files being missing from your installation of X-Plane. The object files in question are:

• X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/airport scenery/Common_Elements/Miscellaneous/Roof_MushVent.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/1000 roads/objects/roadsigns/small/Stop.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/airport scenery/Modern_Airports/Control_Towers/objects/com_ModTwrAnten3.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/1000 roads/objects/cars/static/VolvoXC-90_v2S.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/1000 roads/objects/cars/static/VWJetta_v2S.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/1000 roads/objects/cars/static/VWPassat_S.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/1000 roads/objects/cars/static/VWPassat_v2S.obj

These files are installed by X-Plane as part of the default scenery. They are used by both the default scenery and KRSW. Even if you don't install any of X-Plane's default scenery and only use the HD Mesh Scenery v3 by Andras Fabian, these files are still initially installed by the X-Plane installer and updated by the X-Plane updater. Since you have the latest version of X-Plane (10.41r3), all of these files should be present in your installation. Please check to see if they are present.

If, for whatever reason, they are not present, try running the X-Plane updater to see if it downloads the missing files. If it doesn't, then try this:

1. Install a second, clean copy of X-Plane on your computer (you can install two copies on the same computer at different locations). You do not need to install any of the default scenery for this second installation (the install will then be only 3.8GB in size).
  2. Update this second installation of X-Plane using the X-Plane updater.
  3. Copy the missing files from the new installation into your old installation and check to see if the problem is solved.

I have just tried these above steps myself, and can confirm that they work. Unfortunately, I cannot simply upload the missing files to this post, as they belong to Laminar Research. Also, let me know if you have any add-ons installed that may have caused modification or removal of these files.

If the files are present, let me know so that I can explore other causes of the issue. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Omar Masroor said:

Thank you for the feedback. Your library.txt file looks fine. After doing some more tests, it seems the issue might be occurring due to the actual object files being missing from your installation of X-Plane. The object files in question are:

• X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/airport scenery/Common_Elements/Miscellaneous/Roof_MushVent.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/1000 roads/objects/roadsigns/small/Stop.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/airport scenery/Modern_Airports/Control_Towers/objects/com_ModTwrAnten3.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/1000 roads/objects/cars/static/VolvoXC-90_v2S.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/1000 roads/objects/cars/static/VWJetta_v2S.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/1000 roads/objects/cars/static/VWPassat_S.obj
  • X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/1000 roads/objects/cars/static/VWPassat_v2S.obj

These files are installed by X-Plane as part of the default scenery. They are used by both the default scenery and KRSW. Even if you don't install any of X-Plane's default scenery and only use the HD Mesh Scenery v3 by Andras Fabian, these files are still initially installed by the X-Plane installer and updated by the X-Plane updater. Since you have the latest version of X-Plane (10.41r3), all of these files should be present in your installation. Please check to see if they are present.

If, for whatever reason, they are not present, try running the X-Plane updater to see if it downloads the missing files. If it doesn't, then try this:

1. Install a second, clean copy of X-Plane on your computer (you can install two copies on the same computer at different locations). You do not need to install any of the default scenery for this second installation (the install will then be only 3.8GB in size).
  2. Update this second installation of X-Plane using the X-Plane updater.
  3. Copy the missing files from the new installation into your old installation and check to see if the problem is solved.

I have just tried these above steps myself, and can confirm that they work. Unfortunately, I cannot simply upload the missing files to this post, as they belong to Laminar Research. Also, let me know if you have any add-ons installed that may have caused modification or removal of these files.

If the files are present, let me know so that I can explore other causes of the issue. Hope this helps.

Looked and those files are present. Even deleted them, let the updater put them back in, still getting the message. 

Thanks for the feedback. After running further tests, I'm still unable to reproduce the exact error pattern that is ocurring in your log file. Also, since no one else has reported this issue, it seems the problem is specific to your installation of X-Plane. Here are some more things to try:

• Navigate to X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/1000 roads/objects/roadsigns/small/ and try to open the Stop.obj file in TextEdit (it is a simple text file with a .obj extension, and TextEdit should be able to open it and show the contents). Does the file open?
  • Repair your Mac's disk permissions using this guide: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201560. Does the issue go away after repairing the permissions?
  • Install and update a clean copy of X-Plane as mentioned in my previous post (this time, also install the default scenery for Southwest Florida) and install KRSW in that new copy of X-Plane. Does the issue occur in the clean installation of X-Plane?

Kindly let me know the results of the above tests. Also, provide me the latest copy of the log.txt file if the issue still persists. Thanks.

Clean second installation of the X-Plane and the scenery opened up no problem. So it is definitely an issue with my main installation. 

I currently wiped the entire default scenery folder and installing the entire thing from new in my main installation. Will report back on the results. 

EDIT: Found the issue. Haven't determined the solution yet though. The issue is that I have my custom scenery folder on an external HD then symbolically linked to my X-Plane installation. I guess the solution could be to move my main X-Plane installation to the external HD and integrate everything back in. 

Thanks for the feedback, now I understand the whole issue. Although the Custom Scenery folder on your secondary drive is linked to your X-Plane installation on your primary drive, the paths referenced in the library.txt file are not being linked to the primary drive. Consequently, X-Plane searches for those paths on the secondary drive and, because those paths don't exist on the secondary drive, throws up the "Could not load objects..." error. Try this:

1. Leave your X-Plane installation as it is (i.e., X-Plane on the primary drive, Custom Scenery folder on the secondary drive).
  2. Navigate to Custom Scenery/Aerosoft KRSW 2_Scenery/ (on your secondary drive) and open the file library.txt in a text editor. Delete the first 7 lines that start with EXPORT and save the file. The contents of the file should look like the quote below.
  3. Download the library.txt file attached to this post and place it in X-Plane 10/Resources/default scenery/default apt dat/ (on your primary drive) and check if the issue is resolved.

A
LIBRARY
PRIVATE

# OpenSceneryX Version v2.1.1 Placeholder Library

EXPORT_BACKUP opensceneryx/facades/fences/chainlink/1/closed.fac opensceneryx/placeholder.fac
EXPORT_BACKUP opensceneryx/facades/fences/chainfence.fac opensceneryx/placeholder.fac
EXPORT_BACKUP opensceneryx/facades/fences/chainfence_small.fac opensceneryx/placeholder.fac

DISCLAIMER

Although this procedure may fix the issue initially, I do not provide any guarantee that it will continue to work or that it will not cause any other problems. It may cause conflicts with X-Plane, other add-ons, updates and new installations. It may be deleted by future updates or installations. I strongly recommend that you use a conventional installation of X-Plane, i.e., all files on the same drive. Using an unconventional installation may cause other issues in the future, and you may be refused support for an unconventional installation. Also, the procedure above is tailored to your specific issue -- do not recommend it to other users of the product.

library.txt

Archived