Control issues

Nosferatu

bought the Twotter today and having lots of issues with Saitek panels and stuff. First, the throttle gauge is calibrated to be throttle and left/right prop. Problem is that during the checklist the right prop in game wobbles and does not reach its full extent/range during the check, I have to move it with the mouse to get a green all clear. Also, the mouse cannot control the cockpit switches sometimes. Presently I'm flying around Samoa with no way of clicking on/off switch with mouse pointer?Any advice? 

I am presuming you mean your throttle quad is set up with the rightmost levers set to props. To get the full range of movement you need to calibrate it under control panel/.../game controller settings. If you have FSUIPC you can set the upper limit to be less than the maximum setting (when calibrating just move the slider back from the stop a bot before pressing the 'set' button). This may work in the calibration dialog too, although I haven't tried it. The wobbliness means your slider is worn or dirty. You can clean it by wiggling it around and/or squirting some kind of switch cleaner in there. If it's worn, you're out of luck. I have three Saitek quads and some of mine do that too. I don't know why the cockpit switches don't work. Maybe you will need to be more specific about which switches don't work ('off/on'?).

• 1 year later...

Archived