Shannon (EINN) to JFK (KJFK) A318 issue

Andy320

AS airbus fuel planner is extreme imprecise, particurally on long flight.

More hours you fight, higher will be imprecise.

Usually I use simbrief and for flight under 2-3 hours P03 with CFM; over 3 hours P06.

I never use IAE, but usually the IAE engine comsumption is less. Then M03 will be ok.

With this data EFOB on block at end of flight is the same on Simbrief FPL and Ecam FOB.

48 minutes ago, mbchatter said:

And not one comment from Aerosoft, other than a question from a "Sheriff"???

Yeah i used to be annoyed at that but I guess it's for a reason as the developers don't usually ignore me in other posts. I just hope that SP4 won't have this issue.

44 minutes ago, generale84 said:

AS airbus fuel planner is extreme imprecise, particurally on long flight.

More hours you fight, higher will be imprecise.

Usually I use simbrief and for flight under 2-3 hours P03 with CFM; over 3 hours P06.

I never use IAE, but usually the IAE engine comsumption is less. Then M03 will be ok.

With this data EFOB on block at end of flight is the same on Simbrief FPL and Ecam FOB.

Thanks for the info, hopefully after a few flights with all the busses I should be able to see a similar pattern although I only fly the IAE engines and the A318 CFM.

Thanks to all for investigating this and for recommending correction factors!

I usually fly A319 CFM but haven't paid much attention to the actual fuel burn yet (doing mostly short routes), will keep an eye out for that from now.

3 hours ago, Xerxes said:

Thanks to all for investigating this and for recommending correction factors!

I usually fly A319 CFM but haven't paid much attention to the actual fuel burn yet (doing mostly short routes), will keep an eye out for that from now.

You are welcome, I havent flown the A319 CFM so I can't really comment on how noticeable the extra fuel burn is for short flights, I'm guessing from my experience with the A318 it's minimal but still noticeable until you start reaching 3-7 hour flights then it's extremely worrying. 

• 2 months later...

Andy:  I'd given up on this fuel planner for the Airbus.  I normally flew EDDF to KCLT and to figure fuel requirements for the Airbus, I loaded all passengers plus baggage (as per American's specs) configured for a full flight and added fuel to TOW, for taxi purposes.  Reduced fuel to TOW at the runway and wrote down the difference as "Start and Taxi at EDDF". Upon arrival at KCLT, I checked remaining fuel at the Highspeed stop, and wrote down the "flight used" and again at the gate as "Destination Taxi and Shutdown."  I added the FAA required safety and Alternate to come up with a good estimate of fuel required to complete this flight.  Sorry that was a long time ago and don't have the figures anymore, but this fuel planner was way way off.  John

• 6 months later...

What tweaks can I make to the different settings like in the aircraft.cfg file to lower the fuel burn on the A318? I want a realistic fuel burn rather than planning with more fuel. Any one? Thanks.

Archived