Problem Installing Airport-Amsterdam-Version115-Linux

I have tried many ways trying to get this installed. I was previously installed on previous version of X-Plane 10. After the installer opened it and window appears:

Please login to display this image.

When I click next the window that appears:

Please login to display this image.

So I overcame that first install problem with terminal commands in X-Plane 10 folder with:

mkdir X-Plane.app
touch X-Plane.i686
touch X-Plane.exe

After that the last window did not appear and Airport Amsterdam Installed.

Now similar problem. Somehow Airport Amsterdam just disappeared from my X-Plane 10, so I tried to reinstall  again and the method I used before won't work. I used the older and new installer "Airport-Amsterdam-Version115-Linux" none worked. My OS is: Linux Mint 17.2, X-Plane version 10.41. Can anyone help please.

On 11/16/2015, 1:27:24, explainer said:

So I overcame that first install problem with terminal commands in X-Plane 10 folder with:

mkdir X-Plane.app
touch X-Plane.i686
touch X-Plane.exe

I should clarify this I overcame the problem first time with previous version to Airport-Amsterdam-Version115-Linux. Using the same method with Airport-Amsterdam-Version115-Linux, the method does not work anymore. My Linux Mint 17.2 will have had quite a lot of updates since then as well. When I applied it, that was back in April so I have changed the kernel since and I think it was about May I upgraded Mint from 17.1 to 17.2.

• 1 month later...

Its a long time since I asked for help. I was considering trying to get a refund from fspilotshop.com where I bought it but there is no way I can log in even with a password reset, at that shop. They expect me to do a toll call to the USA (looks like a USA number) when that will probably cost more than Airport-Amsterdam, just to try and resolve the log in problem.

So unless someone can help me here I have to consider Airport-Amsterdam software a rightoff, of a problem. One thing is I will never get anything from fspilotshop again.

Hello,

i am not a linux expert. But i would do an update of X-Plane 10 at first with this installer/updater:

http://www.x-plane.com/downloads/x-plane_10_installer-updater/ (But please don't use it, if you run the Steam version of X-Plane 10!!).

The actual X-Plane 10 version is 10.42 or 10.45 Beta 2.

And please download the newest Amsterdam Update (it is a full version) from here:

http://support.aerosoft.com/index.php?action=show&products=836

The zip file on the right side. Serial Code required.

If that don't work, please send the Log.txt file as an attachement (not as text here). You find this file in the X-Plane 10 Root folder.

Greets Heinz

It won't accept the serial key now, when I copy and paste. It does not accept it when I try to download airportamsterdam from aerosoft. I looked at the other version I had already downloaded before the login problem at fspilotshop and it is the same version. I tried to install that again but got the same: "serial key invalid". That is definitely the same key sent when I bought airport amsterdam. It looks like I have run out of reinstallation attempts again and I cannot login to fspilot shop to get some more. I am about to give up.

Archived