Another Fuel Planner Error

Starsky

After using the fuel planner the last few days without problems it will not start today.

The prgram icon is missing and an error message occurs: "Auf das angegebene Gerät, bzw. den Pfad oder die Datei kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Sie verfügen eventuell nicht über ausreichende Berechtigungen, um auf das Element zugreifen zu können."

In English this would probably mean "I can´t start this program because I do not have the rights to start this program"?

I uninstalled both versions 318/319 and 320/321 and re-installed them both. Still doesn´t work.

Any solutions from anybody out there. I would appreciate any help!

• Deputy Sheriffs

What have you done on your computer after it worked fine the last time and it failed the first time?

Any updates? Any new apps installed? 

There was a Mozilla maintenance service for an update to Firefox 42.0 and Microsoft C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 according to the Systemsteuerung

I just installed the A320/321 V1.00 - this works again. It also shows the correct icon in the menu located in the airbus/airbus_fallback folder and start menu.

I will now do the same with the A318/319 - which will probably work as well. i will the uninstall both old versions again and try the V1.31 from November 3rd once more.

If they don`t work I will just stay with the old version till there is a hotfix for the bugs (Trim setting in the before taxi cl f.ex.) in V1.31.

Any other solutions?

So I had to switch back to A320/321 V1.00 and A318/319 V1.30 to get the fuel planner working.

Unfortunately all the installed liveries are gone and the whole process took a total of 3 hours.

I still do not know what the reason for this error could be. On the other side it might be very useful to have different update packages for bigfixes to install.

Would be much easier to have the fuel planner, livery manager, configurator as separate modules. Whenever one of them gets updated one has not to go through the whole procedure with all the additional installations (liveries etc.).

Thanks for the prompt response anyways.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Starsky,

some other installer (most likely Mozilla) put old or corrupt versions of system files on your computer.

A fresh installation of the bus (1.31) wouldn't be able to fix that problem, as AS doesn't deliver any VC++ Redistributable files.

I suggest to get the latest versions of all relevant such installers directly from Microsoft and install them:

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=29

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=3387

Additionally you might also want to test tool:

There are different versions of those files: x64, x86, arm. I guess I have to select the x86 versions?

I will have to install all of them, correct? Also run the NetFxRepairTool?

Ok, installed all of them with exception of the 2010 version, because the setup tool told me that I newer versions already installed.

Now I have to install the busses V1.31 again, correct?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Actually I would have expected the current downloads from Microsoft would be the most recent ones...

Yes, please install the v1.31 buses again.

Unfortunately it did not work, same error message as before with V1.31:

"Auf das angegebene Gerät, bzw. den Pfad oder die Datei kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Sie verfügen eventuell nicht über ausreichende Berechtigungen, um auf das Element zugreifen zu können."

vor 13 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

Actually I would have expected the current downloads from Microsoft would be the most recent ones...

Yes, please install the v1.31 buses again.

Maybe we could solve this via a TeamViewer session?

Hello.

I am experiencing problems after running windows update yesterday evening.

Turn off your windows defender and see if that helps.

If you have AVG turn that off aswell.

It got it working for me.

Best regards.

Frederik

vor 5 Minuten, Frederik Pedersen sagte:

Hello.

I am experiencing problems as of a Windows update yesterday.

Turn off your windows defender and see if that helps.

If you have AVG turn that off aswell.

It got it working for me.

Best regards.

Frederik

No windows defender or AVG activated. But thanks for the hint anyways.

We are searching for the famous needle in the haystack.

Thank U

US

Ok, I knew it is probably just a checkbox to untick. But a digital immigrant I am I didn´t want to do something stupid.

Fredericks suggestion led me to the idea to see if Microsoft Security Essentials might be the source for the wasted hours this evening.

I deactivated it and surprise: the fuel planner starts again and is obviously working like it should.

Thanks to everybody for the support helping me solve the problem.

Thanks Aerosoft for a great product and all the best for the progress of the A330 and especially for a successful launch of the new EDDF and FAOR sceneries.

Best Regards

US 

4 minutes ago, Starsky said:

Ok, I knew it is probably just a checkbox to untick. But a digital immigrant I am I didn´t want to do something stupid.

Fredericks suggestion led me to the idea to see if Microsoft Security Essentials might be the source for the wasted hours this evening.

I deactivated it and surprise: the fuel planner starts again and is obviously working like it should.

Thanks to everybody for the support helping me solve the problem.

Thanks Aerosoft for a great product and all the best for the progress of the A330 and especially for a successful launch of the new EDDF and FAOR sceneries.

Best Regards

US 

I have experienced that the fuelplanner have problems with most virus scanners after switching to windows 10 from 7.

i am glad your problem got solved :)

Best regards Frederik.

Archived