Lateral and Vertical ILS Glide Path icons

Helix1250

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask about the Lateral and Vertical ILS Glide Path icons. Now I am not sure if the operation of this has changed in anyway, but this is what I remember from using 1.30 version. When I was starting my decent and starting my final turn for ILS path interception I would hit the LOC button and I would see the Lateral and Vertical ILS Glide Paths displayed, I am can not remember if they were already there or appeared after I hit the LOC button. Anyway that seems to have always have happened, but things are or appear slightly different now.

What happens now is as I turn for my ILS path interception I hit the LOC button, I see the LOC turn green as it is captured, but no Lateral and Vertical ILS Glide Path  icons show up. I now have to press the LS button to get the Lateral and Vertical ILS Glide Path  icons to appear. I wanted to ask has the function changed or have I never been doing this correctly? I have to be honest I have never used the LS button at anypoint, which in itself might have been wrong.

If could someone confirm or deny that this function has altered from the old one to the new one that would be great, or if there is a updated landing process I should be adopting.

I am using a Win10 machine with FSX-SE, both are fully updated with the latest fix's. I have always used FS2Crew if that makes any difference.

Regards Rob

Hi matty,

Yes it works if I press the LS button, my question was that during decent the PM would activate LS, however since 1.31 this no longer happens.

I was just trying to find out if I now need to alter the checklists to make that apart of my flows.

thank you for your reply matty

regards Rob

Hi Rob,

activating the LS is your job as you're the pilot flying.

In fact in the real life both pilots have to do it themselves, since unlike in our Airbus these buttons are not synced in real life.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

are you using the built-in CL and CoPilot function?. If yes, then something was changed in 1.31 compared to previous versions. In previous versions the LS button was set on by the CoPilot only for ILS-approaches when passing 10.000 feet. If manually used for other approaches the Copilot switched it off when passing TRANS ALT. This has been changed: The CoPilot now also switches on the LS button if it is a LOC approach and it is not switched off like previously when passing TRANS ALT.

Regards,

Hanse   

Archived