1.31 configurator overwrites .dds files

bpcw001

Hi,

using the new 1.31, the Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 Configurator overwrites the AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_C.dds and AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_L.dds files in the texture folders when switching from Bright VC Night Lighting to Dark VC Night Lighting and vice versa, thus discarding any custom aircraft reg that was painted in these files.

I know that used to be an issue in previous versions and somewhere in between it was ironed out.

Not happy to see this back ;-)

It has NEVER  been said that this " problem " was solved , only that they were " looking into it " . The paint kit supplies the " normal " VC textures and not the dark textures , so all repaints are made using the " original " textures . By selecting the dark VC textures in the Configurator you are overwriting the VC supplied by the painter . The ONLY solution is to make your own VC textures using the DDS textures of the new dark textures . Not using them myself I would assume that they are located in the Airbus ( 318/319 or 320/321 ) Base folders .

Oh, I was under the impression that this was fixed somewhere in between, but my memory is hazy. Apparently I was wrong, so be it.

Anyway, no need to be rude and shout at me, ok?

SHOUTING is when everything is written in capital letters . The words I capitalised where for emphasis , nothing more . Using the search function ( top of the screen under your name ) would have led to other threads where this has already been mentioned and the fact that no solution has been given . As for being rude , where do you get that from ? If you feel that badly about my post , feel free to make a complaint to the mods ( button is next to the post time stamp ) .

I will certainly think twice before trying to help anyone in the future if this is going to be a typical reaction .

Well, I think we should keep this low. Somehow I read something in your post that was not meant the way it occurred to me, and I accept being wrong about it and apologize for my misinterpretation.

So let us keep the peace.

First you accuse me of shouting and being rude by giving an answer to a question that has been asked more than once before ( in the correct forum ) . There is even a topic that I started named " Warning against using dark VC night textures " , dated December 2014 ( the clue is in the topic title ) . All I did was correct your assumption that there was a fix for your " problem " and until those textures are added to the pain kit ( spelling intentional ) , it wont be " fixed " at all .

Failure to use the SEARCH function is unfortunately a common factor here for whatever reason .

Archived