A320 v1.31 in P3Dv3

agwaite

Gents, 

Since V3 has been released I have boosted many of my settings with no major issues. I installed the Airbus family using the old installer and have been doing multiple flights some with multiple legs and to high quality scenery aiports. I was not having any issues with OOM's/ However, since installing the 1.31 A320 without making any changes, I am now seeing OOMs, these are after landing so no major annoyance but means I cannot do continuation flights.

Anyone else seeing OOM's with 1.31?

Andy

My FPS and general performance is spot on, its just on landing I'll hear 2 OOM chimes and shortly after I get the OOM message. What made me think it might be Airbus related was the fact its the VC which goes black. Previous OOM's it was usually the scenery that went rather than the VC.

I'll try and do a reinstall. I have perhaps created my own issues by installing old version in Preapr3d rather than being patient and waiting for 1.31. Clearly thats Aerosofs fault as they have created something I can't leave alone!!!! ;)

Thanks all.

• 2 months later...

Anyone get anywhere on this issue. I am having OOM's whenever I fly into EGLL. It is only with the Aerosoft airbus. Yesterday I did a flight EGLL-LIRF (both aerosoft sceneries) which went fine. Today i flew back LIRF-EGLL and had an OOM on short final with no warning sound before. Nothing had changed except the route. I was online on Vatsim but LON area was quite for traffic.

I have no issue flying into EGLL with other complex addon aircraft it just happens with the airbus at Heathrow.

Im using P3D V3.1 and have the latest Airbus installed from scratch. I have the Local ORBX and Global installed and only the airport scenery im flying between when using the airbus without luck when returning too EGLL. When I fly the PMDG aircraft I can leave all airports and orbx scenery on without issue.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

In addition to the memory leak issue, EGLL is likely the toughest airport in FSX/P3D in terms of VAS.  It's better if you're using the latest version of Aerosoft's EGLL, but still tough on VAS.  The only way to ensure that you don't suffer an OOM in the Airbus, NGX or PMDG 777 is to save your flight when you're about 20 miles out from EGLL, exit FSX/P3D, restart it and load your saved flight.  It's unfortunate, but my team has to do this (including in CFD flights on VATSIM). 

You can also turn your settings down considerably, though at EGLL it's not a sure bet that will work.  

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best of luck.

Thanks guys. Its only an issue with the Aerosoft Airbus (all models). PMDG NGX and T7 are fine I haven't had any OOM's with them since the release of P3D V3.1. With the NGX aircraft I can do 4/5 legs to different airports without restarting since 3.1. Not tried with the T7 as that would mean about 3 days of constant flying but I can get into FT Toronto with her without a restart when before I could restart and still get an OOM. Sometimes it would OOM on the taxi out.

I had seen the posts about a memory leak that LM are aware of, my advice for the meantime is reduce your texture settings to 1024. I have everything else maxed but with 1024 settings and it allows me to complete most flights. 

Oh, and another tactic is buy full version of FSUIPC and use the autosave feature, this doesn't work with PMDG in 3.1 but the airbus works ok with saved flights.

Archived