Can't get Airbus to climb?

dsbarr1

Alright, so I taxi to the runway everything is configured properly and i set take off thrusts,  V1...Rotate and no not so much, I get in the air and its climbing at a pace of 500FPM with a speed of 160 and refuses to go any higher.

I have no idea what the issue is, Its a flight from KPHX-KLAS and is no where close to fully loaded. Any help is appreciated, if you need more info let me know ill be happy to provide it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I said, please follow the step-by-step guide for the tutorial flight. It will show you if you have missed something. Without sitting next to you it is hard to say what causes your problem.

That's what the step-by-step guide is there fore. If you missed something to program/configure/switch, it will show you.

I'm not a big "do the tutorial" or "read the manual" kind of guy, but I have to agree. The airbus isn't a typical aircraft if you've been flying freeware or Boeing aircraft.

The throttle for example isn't a gas pedal. It's a computer setting and the position of the switch tells the computer what mode or phase of flight you are in.

I remember after buying a popular payware MD-82 thinking I could figure out any aircraft and 2 days later and still no engine start, I was convinced the software was defective. Then I did the tutorial.

For the airbus, it's all computer driven and the difference between pushing a switch and pulling a switch changes parameters all over the aircraft. You really have to step back from everything you know and kind of get acquainted with the logic. 

Good luck. I know tutorials feel like they're for noobs and can be tedious, but after that, the Bus turns into an incredible aircraft. 

Archived