Pitch Trim

mleuck

Need some help. I have installed v1.31 and am unable to take off. When using the checklist, I hang up at "pitch trim". I am using the co-pilot, but nothing happens. How do I manually set the pitch trim.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Michael

Hi Michael,

I use FS2 Crew, but if memory serves me correctly, you can use the 'skip' option in the checklists to move on. Otherwise, use the mouse to manually adjust the trim until the correct trim is acknowledged.

Keith

I continue to have this issue after installing latest update v1.31. The aircraft will not lift off. I have followed the instructions and am using the checklists with the co-pilot. The checklist continues to hang at "pitch trim". The co-pilot does hot adjust the pitch trim and there is no manual movement of the pitch trim wheel.

Help is needed. This problem was not present until installing the latest update. Hard to understand why problems always occur after updates. Unable to fly this aircraft.

Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, mleuck said:

Unable to fly this aircraft.

It's under investigation.

But your statement is simply not true. Just press "skip item" on the right MCDU and the CL continues with the next item. No big deal.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The initial pitch trim doesn't have that huge impact on the bus. I never was unable to get into the air when using extreme values, meaning they do not matter.

The initial pitch time is just there to have the bus properly trimmed the moment you lift off. Afterwards the bus instantly kicks in and controls the trim.

I have been flying the busses for years. After today's update (v1.31).. I am unable to get off the ground. I rotate at the proper speed, but nothing. I just go off the end of the runway. So, no, I  cannot fly the tutorials.

My mistake.... The bus will not leave the ground! Gets to rotation speed and will not lift off. Just keeps going straight off the runway!

This problem is new as I have never had the issue.

Please help!

Thank you

Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

When your mousewheel doesn't move anything and the aircraft does not react on joystick inputs, there seems to be more broken.

BTW. you didn't tell us which FS you are using.

I am using FSX. I was able to fly the bus before the update and the inputs work with other aircraft. One important note.... if I do not use the checklists, the aircraft will take off! My test flight was done w/o the checklists. Today, I tried to fly with the checklists and could not take off. I still get the "pitch trim" issue (hangup). If I skip the pitch trim and move on, the aircraft will not take off. If I skip the checklist process, I can take off!?

UPDATE:  Now, I am back to where I was. The bus will not leave the ground in any circumstance.

Even stranger:  The only aircraft that will fly are the ones included in the download. All the addon aircraft do not fly. This is very strange. They show up and load, but will to leave the ground!

• Deputy Sheriffs

You are talking about the liveries being included in the AS installer packages and additionally downloaded liveries which you have added via the Livery Manager, right?

I had a similar situation a couple of weeks ago when I was unable to get airborne despite having reached the rotate speed. Even when I pushed the throttles forward to TOGA setting I was unable to take-off. It was only when reloading and checking the controls at the appropriate time I noticed that the elevator was working the opposite way  to what I was doing. I simply had to go to FSX/Settings/Control Axes and untick the reverse box option. Maybe worth a try. Good luck.

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, mleuck said:

Thank you for the suggestion. Sad to say, no "opposite" boxes were,checked.

Thanks again

Michael

18 hours ago, mopperle said:

Try to check the following: when the checklist comes to Pitchtrim wait for about a minute and see what happens.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, I can corfirm that there is a bug with PITCH TRIM if you are using the CL and CP function. We are working on this issue. But there are two possibilities for a workaround. 

• Manually set the pitch trim accroding to the value displayed in the MCDU PERF TO page like UP0.8 (standard). Change to the ECAM view and set the ECAM page to FCTL. Then use the mouse and rotate the trim wheel until UP0.8 is displayed..... wait a moment and the checklist will commence
  • Use the SKIP ITEM on the MCDU2 CHECKLIST MENU......

Regards,

Hanse

After an second reinstall and several test flights, all seems fine. Though the aircraft will fly now, the small issue with the checklist and PT still is present, but is being worked on.

Archived