Checklist hangs with item "Pitch Trim"

flightdeck

I installed A320/321 Vers. 1.31 into Prepar3D v3 today!
Everything runs smooth, except the checklist procedure hangs at "Before Taxi" with item "Pitch Trim".

I have to skip manually to proceed.

My specs: WINDOWS10 64bit, Prepar3D Academic

Hi everybody,

regarding the checklist & pitch trim issue I did the following: Opened the sound folder (Airbus Base--> Sound ASC), played the respective sound file (ASC_PnF_PitchTrim) with Win Media Player, loaded turnaround state - solved. I have not the slightest idea what really happened but I double checked it. Its one of the miracles in playing with this toy...

Hoping it works for you also

Best

Matthias

An update, I have disabled Fly by wire, tiller and autorudder in the settings, and now the copilot sets the trim again and I also have to check the rudder again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, I can corfirm that there is a bug with PITCH TRIM if you are using the CL and CP function. We are working on this issue. But there are two possibilities for a workaround. 

• Manually set the pitch trim accroding to the value displayed in the MCDU PERF TO page like UP0.8 (standard). Change to the ECAM view and set the ECAM page to FCTL. Then use the mouse and rotate the trim wheel until UP0.8 is displayed..... wait a moment and the checklist will commence
  • Use the SKIP ITEM on the MCDU2 CHECKLIST MENU......

Regards,

Hanse

txs Hanse - unfortunately procedure 1 doesn't work in my case (did it yesterday already with no success). Procedure 2 works of course.

Looking forward to a little hotfix

Best

Matthias

PS: One thing I have to add: The sequence worked in my case two or three times ok but due to the amount of variables (e.g. with or without fuelplanner, with or without auto load the loadsheet) and the time consuming  checks (entire checklist from turnaround state to taxi) I can't recall under which conditions. Just to tell.

• Hanse pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

I too have the same issue. To circumvent the issue, manually enter in the pitch trim before you start the checklist and it's business as usual.

• 5 weeks later...

Set the trim just after your second engine has started while AS is waiting for GSX if you have GSX and the checklist flows smooth, obviously if you forget to do that by the time the checklist reaches the trim check then you will have to hit skip.

Archived