Rudder issue again!

TheSarge

I read on here that you need to make sure to install the correct model for the simulator you are using! I installed the FSX Gold + Accelleration version and the rudder isnt working on the aircraft so I cant steer while I am on the ground, but somehow I manage to fly without a rudder function! What needs to be done next, I thought it might be an issue that I dont use a seperate rudder part with my system, i just use a Saitek X52Pro system which has the rudder function on the Yoke and I recently updated the drivers and software on that for windows 10! 

I am not sure I have to do another flight and look to see if the rudders become functional when I am in the air! I know it definitely doesnt work when I am on the ground! My maiden flight was out of "TFFR" (love the Caribbean Islands) after I got the aircraft started up and finally figured out to use the "wingfold" command to raise the boarding ladder. I applied a little throttle to taxi and it would turn using the X-52pro Yoke/rudder controls or the XBOX 360 lower left and Lower right top buttons which are the rudders by default. I will write back after I take another test flight. Just to note when I was airborne I was able to control my flight path but I think that was the ailerons on the wings and the tail wing controlling flight direction!  

I am embarrassed lol, When you start the F14X there is a control manual right there and i ignored it! :( its appears as a big block blocking the view of an awesome cockpit! I actually read it this time and saw that "Tail Wheel" lock/unlock feature and this resolved both of my issues! It actually controls the nose wheel and the tail rudder function! I dont know how I was able to fly this aircraft without a rudder on the maiden flight! The rudder made a whole lot easier it align with the runway! Thanks for making me slow down and take a good look at what I was doing! Flight Ability is now all greens! Next step carrier operations and weapons systems! 

Please login to display this image.

Yup pretty much got it now, even did a carrier landing and catapult launch! That part I dont understand why people couldnt do it! You dont use the FSX Accelleration control to lower the launch arm, You have to use the F14X command key to lower the launch arm and everything else is self explanatory! Arm the catapult prepare the aircraft for launch (wing full sweep out, flaps full down, afterburners at full throttle) Hit the catapult launch key and away you go! This aircraft is amazing I love it so much more than the Fa/18 Superbug! All that is left is educating myself on the weapons system and attacking AI targets! All I know how to do right now is how to prepare my payload for the scenerio!  

Its just so weird that I didn't look at that, guess I was over excited about getting this aircraft! I figured let me wait a couple of months for bugs to reported and an update to come out! Man gotta say I have done all the key configurations for this aircraft except for the weapons controls (haven't learned how use the Tomcats Fangs yet!) Taking my time to read the manual in my free time! When I got the aircraft, I felt like a little kid ripping the wrapper off a xmas gift early! Aerosoft did this aircraft justice! The sound system is awesome, all the engine whines and air turbulence sounds are perfect! Feels like I am flying the real thing! Aerosoft would not hear the end of me if they did this craft badly! lol One happy customer right here! Thanks for your words you may think you didnt help but you triggered a thought and that counts! I am so digging this aircraft! Once I get the Samsung Gear VR this week, Someone's going to probably need a big spatula to peel my butt out of my chair !!! Taking it to a whole nother level!

Archived