Madeira elevation issues in FSX

kevinatkinson

I have just purchased Madeira, but as can be seen from the screen shots I am having issues. I do have FTX Global, FTX Open land class for EU and FTX Vectors installed. I have used the FTX Global Vector configuration tool to try and correct the elevations at LPMA but success has been limited. Has anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions for me?

FSX, Windows 7 - 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 2600K CPU at 3.4GHz, 8 GB RAM

Regards, Kevin

Please login to display this image.

Hi Tom,

The modifications re apx43200.madeira (and 4320) were already there, and AFX_LPMA_ALT.gbl and LPPS were already in the correct folder. So I still have the issue of the buildings and the aircraft being partially below the level of the apron.

Regards, Kevin

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looks as only the AI traffic is affected. What kind of traffic tool are you using. Seems as if its AFCAD uses the wrong elevation.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm sure that there are some leftovers from either the AI Traffic tool or another scenery. Or the order in the scenery library is not correct. As you can see here, I do not have such a problem, installed with all the Orbx stuff, FS Global Ultimate as mesh and MyTraffic as AI tool:

To further help you:

Post a screenshot of your library showing LPMAs position

serach your entire FSX folder for files with LPMA in its name, search string should look like this: *LPMA*.bgl

Hi,

I'm having the same type of problem although I'm using P3Dv3. I installed the scenery for the first time last night an when I select the active runway I found myself sitting on the level of the shoreline with the airport floating above me. I've tried all the above mentioned ideas with the files and I still have the same problem. I've also checked to see if I had duplicated files and there were none. I don't have any FTX products installed.

A reply a few entries back mentions another or extra ".bgl" file for the elevation fix needs to be added to the scenery library, which file should I be looking for?

Larry

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, fox956 said:

Hi,

I'm having the same type of problem although I'm using P3Dv3. I installed the scenery for the first time last night an when I select the active runway I found myself sitting on the level of the shoreline with the airport floating above me. I've tried all the above mentioned ideas with the files and I still have the same problem. I've also checked to see if I had duplicated files and there were none. I don't have any FTX products installed.

A reply a few entries back mentions another or extra ".bgl" file for the elevation fix needs to be added to the scenery library, which file should I be looking for?

Larry

Did anybody say that LPMA is compatible with P3Dv3? No.

Hi,

No, on one said LPMA was compatible with P3Dv3, but it is compatible with P3Dv2 and I still have the same problem, below the ground with the buildings and runway floating.

Larry

• Deputy Sheriffs
41 minutes ago, fox956 said:

No, on one said LPMA was compatible with P3Dv3, but it is compatible with P3Dv2 and I still have the same problem, below the ground with the buildings and runway floating.

It has also not been compatible with P3Dv2.

But with the fix from simmershome you will be able to get it up and running. I made it running in P3Dv3 with that fix.

http://simmershome.de/madeira-fuer-p3d-v2-fix/

You should use Google Translate for getting the instructions in English. You need a register on that page in order to be able to download from there.

Hi Jason,

Not quite sure what you mean by creating another directory  "You must create a new scenery folder, and add an extra .bgl for the elevation fix. That folder must be above Madeira X in the scenery priority library". Second part I am clear on but would extra .bgl be for example ABP_LPMA_ALT_elevation_adjustment-.bgl?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/5/2015 at 7:11 AM, Tom A320 said:

It has also not been compatible with P3Dv2.

But with the fix from simmershome you will be able to get it up and running. I made it running in P3Dv3 with that fix.

http://simmershome.de/madeira-fuer-p3d-v2-fix/

You should use Google Translate for getting the instructions in English. You need a register on that page in order to be able to download from there.

I followed the instructions closely and could not get the scenery to appear correctly in P3D v3.1, I spent 4 hours trying to fix it the other night and I could not get rid of a plateau area from about midway along rwy 05/23.  I do have Orbx global running.  Glad that you were able to get it sorted out Tom.

Archived