AES installation

lucagigli

• Developer
May I use AES with Fs9.0, not updated to 9.1?

Thank you

Luca

Italy

Never tested, not recommanded, but you can try it.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

I've not updated fs9 because not so much problems of ctd and I use a modification of terrain.cfg to avoid ctd, suggested by ab italian friend. The second reason is that I've so many add-ons (palens, sceneries, utility...) installed that I don't want to reinstall all again. Third reason is when I've done a new installation of a second Fs with the patch 9.1, without add-ons, I've found a ctd in the same place where I had it without patch!

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you've understood

1- Copy that "special" Terrain.cfg and paste it after you installed the 9.1 patch

2- 9.1 won't interefere with your add-ons installed, in fact it only changes core files.

3- That ctd "in the same place" sounds like a scenery problem.

There are many variables to lead to ctd, fresh installments of FS2004 and then patch to 9.1 and then install the addons seem to have worked with many people.

Another thing is that some people use modified files (like the NoCD patch fs9.exe or a modified gpsexport.dll ) that causes errors and problems after the patch.

But, hey, it's your FS9. I just warn you that many addons were built for FS 9.1 and won't work properly in FS 9.0. Even though it looks like it's just some "bridges update" there's more to that patch...

I understand what you mean, but some of the add-ons (both free and pay), has changed some files, as those named APxxxx, FLXXXXX in the various Scenery/ folders, so I've to install all the files again (I prefer to install everything in a temporary folder and then move files in the right places).

I've saw that the most part of add-ons pay works both with 9.0 and 9.1. AES is the first add-on that I interested in that I can't install.

If I'd install patch 9.1, I don't need the "special" terrain.cfg.

For the bridges, I've them, because I have UTE Europe installed, that puts all the bridges. I have GE Pro too, for a wonderful world in Fs.

Thank you for yur suggests anyway