Mega Airport Rome AFCAD (.ade file) Issues Version 1.01

BruceU

I was using the default FSX ATC and when I went to ground to get taxi clearance I was given "taxing to runway 36R", no taxi routing just the runway (I was at gate 509).  I went into Airport Design Editor and looked at the the .ade file and noticed there was 6 runways listed, two for 16L/34R, two for 07/25 and two for 16R/34L listing one as bituminous and one as concrete concrete.  I also noticed that AI aircraft at a gate that just received their routing clearance and switched to ground for taxi clearance just disappeared at their gate.

The fault finder in ADE picked up on the duplicate runways as well as some start point errors for runways that were not designated for takeoff and orphan nodes.

great airport scenery but some issues with .ade file it seems, any chance of a fix?

thanks....and I was using the upgrade version 1.01

BruceU

I have exactly the same problem. When looking into ADE the duplicate runways are really a problem. If I want to continue and delete these duplicate runways, ADE wants to delete the linked ILS also. So editing the file is not a solution for me. Normally I repair those files wihtout asking for help, but this time it is impossible to do.

One small error I found in the scenery was the sign at the holding point rwy 34R says it is 32R which is obiously not correct.

So please Aerosoft: Can You have a look on this?

JimmyJr

• Developer

Currently have a fixed afcad for FSX version, with parallel runway operations and take-off problems fixed. I'm working to do the same for P3D version now. Double runways are correct for P3D as this method is used with runway lights.

The AFCAD needs to be done with STAR runways, so that airplanes in normal conditions takeoff from runway 25 (except the heavies, that are parked at the satellite, gates 700 and 800, and that usually takeoff from 16R) and land in runways 16 or, if there is a northerly wind greater than 8-9 knots, runway 25 for takeoffs and 34 for landings.

Where please will I find this updated AFCAD for P3D when you finish it?  Right now my AI traffic won't leave the gate or land at Rome nor do I get any taxiway instructions regarding taxing to a runway.

I dont know too ! Where i can find the fixed afcad for FSX version ?? I have the Same Problem with my MA Rome in FSX Traffic dont leave the Gate and dont land at Rome ! Also the IRF Info from Gate to RWY is emty !

FSX only say TakeOff RWY and no Taxiway-Informations to Take off RWY !

ThX for Help

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased Rome Mega Airport on Monday and I was quite happy with the product (excellent frame rates, decent detail) overall until I noticed the AI traffic (I run 100% custom AI based upon real world schedules) does not take off.   I have never seen this in any AFCAD, let alone a commercial product.  What gives?  The AI traffic lands fine, it just won't take off.  I noticed others in the thread mention the same thing.  Is it confirmed this is being fixed?  I would fix it with ADE myself if I knew what was causing this. 

Hi all,

When you will be released the update for the AFCAD? I have the same problem for taxi from gate to the runway (no taxi routing). Why the ATC makes me take off all to the 36R? The active runway is not the 25? Thank's

Hi,

Yesterday I purchased Mega Airport Rome, looks great etc. but I'm having the same problem that some of the other users are having. Basically, the AI traffic is not leaving the gates for their designated runways or taking off. AI traffic is landing though. How is this problem being resolved? Any news from the support team?

Cheers. 

MK Studio doesn´t matter. They got their money and Aerosoft holds out itself ! This is my opinion about this !

I Deinstalled it and Use Freeware until there is doing what !!

Link to My Freeware

Not the best Details but taxi routing runs perfect !! I Will Never Buy MK-Studio Product´s in the future

Merry X-Mas !

Yes, I Test this AfCad Today is better because Traffic is Runing now !! BUT no taxi routing for me again again ... !! ATC give clearence for ILS and then ATC Window is Free i cant see any Taxi Routing !! 

...  MK-Studio must Release Ubdate (there fixed Afcad) ... maybe then all is fixed, maybe they do .... if not it´s also ok because Freeware is runinng well !!

BUT no taxi routing for me again again ... !! ATC give clearence for ILS and then ATC Window is Free i cant see any Taxi Routing !! 

What do you mean with "no taxi routing"?

• 2 weeks later...

Release Hotfix for FSX plz !!! Mk-Studio say the have fixed Afcad ??? !!! THEN RELEASE THIS HOTFIX PLZ !!! SOME WANNA USE THIS AIRPORT WHAT THEY BUY BEVOR 3 MONTH !!!

MK-Studio will release next Airport soon ..... I will never pay for this bad Support again !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also had a problem with AI-traffic not departing. I could fix that, changing the order of the "duplicate" runways in the "runway list" of ADE - I put the "concrete" ones on top of the "bitumen". Seems to work for with AI traffic.

Didn't try it with FSX ATC yet.

Archived