AES question

KingCat

I have a question about AES.

I've tried it with Wilco's 737 Pilot in Command at EDDN (default). First I had some problems with this aircraft because of several crashes of the airplane during pushback and the aircraft being catapulted forward after starting the engines. I already solved this by changing the static_cg_height in the aircraft.cfg. Now everything is fine.

My question is about the AFCAD's. Does AES change the AFCAD's for the airports after activation of a certain airport? Right now, I have activated EDDL, and I was curious if AES also changes the AFCAD for this airport.

The reason I'm asking this, is because I have changed the radius of several gates (just large enough to fit my aircraft) so I'm directed to a specific gate I want by FS ATC. If AES changes the AFCAD for EDDL after activation, then I would have to adjust the radius of these gates again.

Jon

PS: you should have released this product much sooner, because it's a terrific addon :D

• Developer

Hi,

in the first Basepack 1.0 the Afcad was changed for EDDN and EDDF. But since 1.10, I don't change the Afcads for non Airport to prevent problems.

The AES Afcads for EDDF/EDDN are still active, as long as the airport was not uncheck/rechecked this the first install.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

So, if I uncheck and then recheck EDDF/EDDN that would disable the AES AFCAD's?

I have not activated EDDF yet, but I'm planning to do so. Right now I have an EDDF AFCAD from Flightsim Commander, and I would like to keep this AFCAD. So if I would uncheck EDDF and then recheck EDDF, my Flightsim Commander EDDF AFCAD would still be active?

Just to make sure because I wouldn't want to mess up this wonderful EDDF. :wink:

BTW. I have Basepack 1.10 installed (never had 1.0).

Jon

I have a question about AES.

I've tried it with Wilco's 737 Pilot in Command at EDDN (default). First I had some problems with this aircraft because of several crashes of the airplane during pushback and the aircraft being catapulted forward after starting the engines. I already solved this by changing the static_cg_height in the aircraft.cfg. Now everything is fine.

Hello KingCat, I've got the same problem with PIC737 as yours. Could you please explain here about what you've done exactly in .cfg and give me the figures?

Thank you in advance, sir.

Vladimir

You have to open aircraft.cfg in notepad (this file is located inside the aircraft folder of the feelthere 737-400), and then scroll down to the section called "[contact_points]". There is a line that says "static_cg_height" that has a default value of 7.8. You have to change this to 7.5. Then save the file, restart FS, and everything should be fine.

Jon

You have to open aircraft.cfg in notepad (this file is located inside the aircraft folder of the feelthere 737-400), and then scroll down to the section called "[contact_points]". There is a line that says "static_cg_height" that has a default value of 7.8. You have to change this to 7.5. Then save the file, restart FS, and everything should be fine.

Jon

Thanks a lot, Jon. I'll give it a try.