Routes for flight departing EFHK

Hello,

I am I1 rated VATSIM controller in Finland and the FIR director of Finland. I have noticed a common mistake that happens with traffic generating their routes with PFPX. The routing out from Helsinki is ALWAYS generated wrong when it comes to automatic generating.

The SID system in Helsinki is a bit different from the one we see mostly around the world. In Helsinki each SID is named completely different to prevent misunderstanding (or so does the Finnish traffic authority state out). Therefore the SIDs wont take the aircraft straight to their first waypoint. Instead they fly the SID and when the SID ends they are supposed to make a direct to the first waypoint of the flightplan. Therefore it's vital for the aircraft to file their flightplan via a correct TMA exit points which are stated on AIP Finland. Currently when you auto generate a route with PFPX it pretty much always gives out EVIRO as the first waypoint which is inside the TMA and therefore not a valid TMA exit.

It would be very nice to get this issue fixed. If PFPX would automatically generate a correct routing out from Helsinki there would be no need to amend the flight plan by VATSIM controller. The controller software recognizes the first waypoint and issues a corresponding SID for the flight. If the first waypoint is EVIRO it will not issue a SID at all and the flightplan has to be changed accordingly to get it right and realistic.

Here is a chart where you can see which SID leads to which TMA exit. And also some additional information included. It would be great to have PFPX planning routes via the waypoints presented on the left column. That way it would give realistic CMFU valid routes out from Helsinki.

Please login to display this image.

I will point out here once more. No IRL flight ever has planned their route via EVIRO, and if they have, the Finnish authority would have rejected the flight plan anyways because of incorrect routing.

Best regards,
Nicrative

Hello Stephen,

thanks for the advice. Did not know that. However I think it doesn't solve the main issue here as I am sure that not everyone who flies off from Helsinki on vatsim/ivao will manually edit the airport via the editor.

Would it be possible for PFPX to include a edited profile or whatever it's called on the next PFPX update or something, so it would change the system to correct one for everyone then without manual inputs. That would be excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I apologise for gravedigging, but did anyone ever have a solution for this routing problem?

I purchased PFPX moments ago, and was slightly disappointed that I can't find a solution to this. 

Once again I apologise, noticed taht the airac was absurdly outdated, updated to latest a 1704 airac and it works now!

For anyone else stumbling upon routing errors for EFHK, an updated airac should do the trick.

9 hours ago, daned33 said:

Once again I apologise, noticed taht the airac was absurdly outdated, updated to latest a 1704 airac and it works now!

For anyone else stumbling upon routing errors for EFHK, an updated airac should do the trick.

All flightsim addons are licensed for an AIRAC copy dated at the time of release and not time of purchase.

Updating the AIRAC alone will not solve the planning issues at EFHK alone as it does not contain the required directs linking to the mandatory departure points. I would suggest installing the ' PFPX RAD Restrictions and Direct ' files kindly provided by David and and available from the download boards above. This will in addition add FRA functionality again not provided by AIRAC data.

Archived