BeaverX preview (updated)

• Aerosoft

Updated screenshots

This is a full FSX aircraft, with all FSX features. All models have been remodeled in 3Ds to get the best speed and the best features. The images show a late beta, we are still adding some objects to the cabin like flight calculators, headphones, seat belts etc.

- separate internal and external MDL's

- all textures in DDS format

- includes specular, bumpmap, fresnels effects

- additional VC views defined

- extensive use of texture fall back folders

- solid and dependable flight model

- leather seats and electrical flap system (luxury!) on most models

- 10 models (ski, ski/wheel, floats, amphibian, wheels, tundra wheels)

- 7 different pilots, 6 different interiors

- 42 textures (plus paint kit)

- extended manual

- high definition and fast Virtual Cockpit (defined as main view)

- signed gauges (so perfectly safe)

- San Francisco sea plane base

Update price for download models, simMarket / Aerosoft Download Shop - 7.50 Euro (plus vat if you live in the EEC).

Price for new copy 15 Euro (plus vat if you live in the EEC).

Release is expected Jan 19th.

All images done by Nick Churchil...

VC1.jpg

VC2.jpg

VC3.jpg

VC4.jpg

VC5.jpg

EX1.jpg

EX2.jpg

EX3.jpg

EX5.jpg

SC1.jpg

SC2.jpg

It looks really great! The Beaver is one of my real world favorite planes and I’ve had a lot of good times with the Aerosoft Beaver for FS9, so I’m really looking forward to this one. :D

Any chance of having the download divided up into several zip files for those of us still on dial up? Say something like the first zip containing the planes with one livery each, the second zip containing the extra liveries and a third file containing the scenery?

It's 100% FSX as I understand things...

Ahh.. well, one can only hope. :) Thanks Kofi. I guess that will give me a reason to open FSX other than to test out my own products in it. :D

Nice Beaver! (sorry, can't resist) :D

Does the updated version have a floodlight effect modeled for the cockpit lighting to overcome the fact that FSX still does a poor job of modeling in-cockpit shadows?

Hi to all,

The new Beaver looks really good although I still can see the stupid pilot'sheadgear (a simple cap and earphones would definitely look better)

A little bit out of topic (but not so much) to help us wait till it will become an official release...

• Aerosoft
That's the Pier scenery included with the Beaver!

But don't get you hopes up too much for that bit of scenery. It suffers from a lot of issues regarding FSX in that area, it is really only a left-over from the SF project we had to drop last year. But with the Alcatraz scenery and the generally good scenery of FSX there it makes a very nice starting point for flights

We're down to "hours to release" now by the looks of it. CC cards at the ready. I've been looking at some potential paints for the Beaver in general, and I have been practicing the migration of FS9 skins... (both ways if I do decide to do some Beaver skinning)

It seems odd, that I haven't touched the Beaver yet, but I only just recently figured out the paintkit despite having it on my PC for almost two years now... and it's taken "spec" and "bumpmap" to get me interested in the Beaver.