Missile damage not showing up

empireclassc

Can any one help here, cant see flames or noise using Lightning F6 with Tactrack  in my FSX. Does scenery have to be AI?

Aircraft just goes thro scenery. How do I get effects to show up? Only once saw fire after missile hit a hill.

Empire

Can any one help here, cant see flames or noise using Lightning F6 with Tactrack  in my FSX. Does scenery have to be AI?

Aircraft just goes thro scenery. How do I get effects to show up? Only once saw fire after missile hit a hill.

Empire

Hi

Could you give us a bit more of an explanation please..

By "scenery"  do you mean the aircraft you are shooting at ? are you using the drone or a tanker or an aircraft generated by other means ?

As Peter says the missile is air to air ,  you must get it to lock onto the target aircraft before it will fire , 

D

What I'm trying to get, is to fire something at a building and see damage, ie fire or break up of structure.

As I said I have fired the standard missile from my F6 and when it crashed to earth it produced an explosion with fire.

Surely we must expect some  effects to show up that's why I bought the TACVACK for isn't it?

I have not tried hitting a/c in the air by guns or missiles, I would be satisfied to see some fire on the ground.

It seems the scenery on the ground isn't configured to show damage. As I hinted , one can just 'drive' thro it , no noise, no crash, its not real is it?

Does AI scenery give this truer rendering of buildings vehicles etc?

Empire

What I'm trying to get, is to fire something at a building and see damage, ie fire or break up of structure.

As I said I have fired the standard missile from my F6 and when it crashed to earth it produced an explosion with fire.

Surely we must expect some  effects to show up that's why I bought the TACVACK for isn't it?

I have not tried hitting a/c in the air by guns or missiles, I would be satisfied to see some fire on the ground.

It seems the scenery on the ground isn't configured to show damage. As I hinted , one can just 'drive' thro it , no noise, no crash, its not real is it?

Does AI scenery give this truer rendering of buildings vehicles etc?

Empire

Hi Empire

I do not know how you managed to fire the Redtop at a building ? the thing is designed so it can not fire unless it has locked onto an airborne target , and to the best of my knowledge they do not explode if they miss and hit the ground.

You should see the effects of gunfire on the ground or water , but they have no effect on vehicles or buildings but ships will show hits and eventually explode and sink , and a shot down aircraft will explode when hitting the ground.

Try taking the Lightning up to 16,000ft at 400 kts and use the tacpack manager to spawn a tanker about a mile in front of you , switch on the guns and gunsight , get nice and close and try and shoot it down . Then try it again with the missiles from 3 miles.

In your "realism" settings  have you got crash detection enabled ?

Cheers

DR

Hi David

Using World Map to get altitude and speed is this acceptable?

Now how do I set 1 mile for distance spawned tanker goes too please?

Incidently did have crash detection disabled silly me , changed that.

Empire

Hi Empire

Get yourself some height anyway you like :D , for testing  i find a quick way is to use  Y+ F4 and slew up ..... hit Y again when at the height you want... starts the engines as well , raise the gear and off you go!

Select the master arm switch to GW or Guns and take the safety off. To reload Ctrl+Shift+W 

At the top of the screen click add-ons and VRS Ai , choose tanker or drone ( the drone is tiny and hard to see or hit )

Please login to display this image.

Next  select the various headings to set the target distance speed etc  have the target flying away from you to begin with .to make things easier.

Please login to display this image.

Happy hunting

DR

Hi DR

Done all you state but not seeing tanker. If I take Lightning up to height and set speed does spawned tanker find the hdg of my plane and position 1mile/3mile in front

ie should I expect to see it at those distances? and at same location as my a/c?

I think I may be missing some input whats your thoughts here.

Might it be easier if I spawn an a/c carrier?

Empire

Hi Empire

You set  the height, heading, speed and starting distance of the tanker when you make the choices on the VRS tanker screen . You will not see the tanker until you get really close  and even then you need to know where it is so you home into it with  your radar , Typically you will never see the target if using missiles.( You can do night interceptions if you want.) The instructions in the main Aerosoft /EE LightningF2A_F6 / Vol1- In FSX    give a guide for using the radar., missiles and guns.

I have not tried locking on to a carrier with the missiles so I don't know if it will ( they are heatseakers) and  I do not think the cannon fire would do that much damage to an aircraft carrier  :lol: !

DR

Ok DR very happy with all your help, will now do some homework to understand the skills needed to achieve the target I'm aiming at.

More knowledge of what,s involved I appreciate is available in the manuals provided pilots notes etc.

Empire.:rolleyes:£$!

• 1 month later...

Hi

Back once more.

Got the A321 tanker at same place as user but 16,000 ft higher, took off in Lightning and fired guns when I found a/c , she went up in flames spectacularly. A321 was in 15nm orbit so easy to find when flying. I just banked to port and saw  the usual a/c identity and the reducing distance marker as I was closing in.

Now. Can the tanker be placed on the ground or lower than 16000ft ?

Thank  David for all your work.

Hi Empire

By clicking on the altitude option you can set the hight of the tanker between 5,000 and 40,000 feet or the drone from ground level to 40,000ft.

Try turning off the a/c id. and use the radar to find and close in on the target.... much more realistic :0)

DR

Archived