Manhattan scenery crashes fs2004

Finn

I have installed the scenery for Manhattan and it is nice, but when I close FS2004 it crashes with an error message saying an error has occured in fs9.exe util.dll.

The same happens when moving to another location from manhattan.

I have Seahawk boxer installed, but removed the LHD from n New York in order to enhance framerates.

I have tried to remove all my other 3rd party sceneries to no avail.

Regards

Finn J

Just tracked the problem to a file called hivasok.bgl.

Removing this file from the manhattan scenery folder solves my problem.

The question now is which building(s) /scenery feature(s) are within hivasok.bgl ?

Finn J

Well this thread seems to be some kind of monolog for myself, but apart from that, I figured out that hivasok.bgl contains the railroad carriages near KJRA as well as some elevation values for KJRB.

Because since I removed hivasok.bgl from the manhattan scenery folder, my helicopters seems to "sink" into the concrete by appr. 3 feet wich looks bad.

To counter this issue have I downloaded a freeware version for KJRB and replaced the hivasok.bgl file with a file from the freeware version containg the elevation values (well it was a matter of trial and error).

Now instead if sinking in to the concrete, the helicopters seems to float above the concrete by appr. 2 feet, but it looks better.

Anybody with a better idea ??

Yes I have patched to FS9.1, but maybe something have been messed up.

I have a hole bunch of addons installed(active camera, active sky 6.5, level-D,etc...), is it save to try to reapply the patch ?.

Otherways am I very happy with the Manhattan scenery, though it´s a bit annoying that the helos floats appr. 1/2 meter above the helipads at KJRB and sinks into the Pan Am rooftop helipad.

I have tried to solve the problem with AFCAD but to no avail.

Do You know if it is possible to adjust the height reference especially at KJRB ? (I recon that there is a problem with the Pan Am helipad with a normal install).

Regards

Wothan

Hello Wothan,

If FS9.1 is installed you may not be able to re-install it as it tells you its there already.

Something may be interfering with the height of the afcads but try disabling all 3rd poarty scenery except manhattan and see if the problems still exsist.

Hi SAF

Well I did try to disable all 3rd party scenery, but not my afcads since they only cover danish airports.

It´s not a showstopper since without the hivasok.bgl it works fine, only having the issues with the height at KJRB and 6N4 (Pan Am building), where the issue at KJRB can be fixed to some extend as described above.

In the mean time I might have found a better solution, though I havent tryed it yet.

I found a program called FS Scenery Creator with wich I can make new bgl files with correct height values.

I´m working out of town so I will first be able to check those bgl files out when I am at home.

Wothan