Mega Airpirt - Rome SODE Jetways

mcnobody

Hello.

Just installed the new Mega Airport Rome scenery on FSX:SE today and everything seems to work properly except for the jetways. On most of the gates with jetways these are simply missing. I take it these are the SODE animated jetways only!?
I have already tried uninstalling reinstalling the scenery again. But nothing has changed. Furthermore I have uninstalled FSDreamTeam's GSX but this didn't solve the issue either. Is anyone else experiencing this? How can this be fixed?

On a side note: I am unable to automatically add sceneries to the scenery.cfg with any of the Aerosoft installers – even with those dedicated for FSX:SE. Is this a fault with Aerosoft's installer or some sort of setting on my system?

Besr regards,
Christian

• Deputy Sheriffs

Only the jetways with wheels are animated with SODE. The manual explains how to operate them.

Are you starting your installers as administrator (right click on the exe, then "Run as administrator")?

Only the jetways with wheels are animated with SODE. The manual explains how to operate them.

Are you starting your installers as administrator (right click on the exe, then "Run as administrator")?

It's not about operating these jetways Tom, they are simply not visible and I don't get a menu popping up either when pressing TAB+S or SHIFT+-.

Yes, I used 'run as administrator' as well.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ah sorry, I misunderstood that.

In my P3D v2.5 they are all there, the static ones and the SODE ones on wheels. This might be something with FSX:SE, but I can't tell.

No worries Tom!

Fortunately I was able to find the error and fix it. The SODE module was missing in the EXE.XML file. It seems like the installer tried to add it to my AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\ directoy. But my config and xml files for FSX:SE are located under AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ . Maybe this is also the cause why my scenery.cfg is not updated either. I have opened the XML in my FSX-SE directory and copied those entries to the actual files used by FSX:SE and now everything works. Unfortunately SODE doesn't recognize the NGX yet but I guess this is just a matter of settings.

Christian

PROBLEMS WITH JETWAYS ANIMATION ON ROME MEGA AIPORT 

hallo to everybody

I have installed Rome MA  on my FSX running on windows 10

I have problems with jetways on small and medium ramps ( EXemple from. 401 until 409 ) 

I start SODE  and i get the message  "  no triggerable object within 12 KM "  

If i choose the large ramp 410  it works correctly and i see the animation of jetway. ( to set the correct position of the door i have changed  values aircraft CFG  EXITS parameters))

Tested with AIRBUS A319 -112 ALITALIA

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT SMALL AND MEDIUM RAMPS ARE NOT WORKING WITH JETWAYS .

CIAO 

Franco Fregni

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Franco,

as the manual states not all jetways have SODE support. Only those, which are not fix mounted to the ground but are on wheels have SODE support.

I seem to have the same problem as Christian SODE files are in FSX-SE not FSX, but I am not as clever and cant copy them across, could anybody point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Steve

Hello Franco,

as the manual states not all jetways have SODE support. Only those, which are not fix mounted to the ground but are on wheels have SODE support.

Tom,

Any chance of a list of the SODE compatible jetways please? Saves me going through all gates seeing what works and what doesn't.

Can anyone tell me how to disable the SODE jetway system completely. I would rather wait for GSX or ASE to support this airport than deal with it and the SHIFT-hyphen command conflicts with zoom adjustment of the display.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

The gate that have animated jetways are written in "MKSTUDIOS_Jetways.xml" situated in "E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SODE\xml"

Sorry for my bad english

Bye.

• 8 months later...
On 11/10/2015 at 11:59 AM, mcnobody said:

No worries Tom!

Fortunately I was able to find the error and fix it. The SODE module was missing in the EXE.XML file. It seems like the installer tried to add it to my AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\ directoy. But my config and xml files for FSX:SE are located under AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ . Maybe this is also the cause why my scenery.cfg is not updated either. I have opened the XML in my FSX-SE directory and copied those entries to the actual files used by FSX:SE and now everything works. Unfortunately SODE doesn't recognize the NGX yet but I guess this is just a matter of settings.

Christian

hi I have the same problem would you please post youor SODE module so i can try to past it into my EXE.xml file?

thanks

I've managed to use SODE ( to start it ) but when i get to Rome into a large stand, I can't see jetways and if i try to run SODE it says that there aren't triggerable objects within 12 KM 

anyone knows how can I fix this ?

Archived