Straight to TO/GA mode

Simon10

A strange thing has begun happening during takeoff-roll in the Airbus A319 Extended. After doing the preflight checks using the checklist option and loading the flightplan from PFPX the plane goes straight to TO/GA mode when advancing the throttles during the takeoff-roll. Once airborne at approx. ca. 1500 feet I get the usual blinking LVL/CLB on the MCDU but TO/GA is still the only mode available no matter what I do with the throttles. I've tried turning the A/THR mode off and on but that didn´t help. It seems like the FLX and CLB modes are no longer available although I´ve loaded the FMC the same way like a million times before...? Any help is much appreciated...Simon

Thanks a lot for your answers - still puzzled about this. Now I tried a takeoff with a Airbus A321 Extended with the aircraft state loaded as takeoff- state. I entered  the MCDU with from/to, cost index, crz level and set the flaps to flap1. Set the V spreeds as well. I use to start my flights in either cold and dark or turnaround state - I would assume that in take off state the aircraft was ready for takeoff. However, same thing happened: When advancing the throttles the aircraft went straight to manual TO/GA state...

OK, now I´ve done a complete re-install but the problem remains to be present - really hope somebody can help. The question is really simple: What will cause the throttles to go straight to MAN TO/GA when advancing them no matter how I load the flight?

Tonight I tried to do a complete preflight procedure with the MCDU, setting v speeds, CRZ level etc. starting from cold and dark and take off state in the A319 as well as the A321. Double checked the information in the MCDU on INIT 1 and INIT 2 pages (block fuel) as well as the perf page before lining up on the runway. But it still seems like the FLX and CLB modes are simply gone...(I used to listen for the two clicks from the throttles as indication of going to FLX mode but those clicks are gone as well.)  

In the engine and warning display I even saw the FLX indication present (88,3%) when I started advancing the throttles on the takeoff-roll - but the engines still went straight to MAN TO/GA mode when advancing the throttles?

• Deputy Sheriffs

So you have this problem with the A319 and A321. Is it also present in the A318 and A320? I would guess so actually...

Do you have maybe some sort of calibration or hardware problem with your stick/throttle? Are you using FSUIPC?

Yes, problem is present with all the busses...:-(.

I´ve re-calibrated the flight sim yoke but although the throttle seems to move gradually the correct way instead of jumping straight to full throttle the problem remains. Yes, I also use FSUIPC.

Now I´ve tried to increase power by pressing F3 instead of using throttle with the A319 in takeoff state. Result: Engines first came to MAN MCT and then MAN TO/GA mode. After this I tried taking off in the default Cessna. Result: I was able to increase power gradually by pressing F3. However, the problem remained with the flight sim throttle: Although I`ve re-calibrated the throttle before takeoff I had the same problem advancing the throttle gradually. The engine came straight to full power when advancing the throttle slowly..? Thanks for your patience...Simon

Archived