P3d V3

dawgfan58

yes I am wondering the same thing. The reason being is that we cannot update Navdatapro airacs to V3 it only recognises V2.5 even if you change the destination file.

Because of this I loosing out on one of my updates which I have paid for.

• Deputy Sheriffs

General information about the P3D v3 compatibility of the over 200 AS products can be found here:

A list of all already compatible products can be found here:

If a product like NavDataPro isn't listed yet you can be relatively sure it will be added soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to know how we are supposed to update our airacs for P3D V3. So far I have lost out on two updates which I have been paid for. I presume that once this is updated that we will get the downloads we have missed out on added onto our licence. 

I would have thought that this product would have been one of the first to be updated with a v3 installer since so many people use it every day and then update the airports would be the logical thing to do.

I realise there are a lot of products to update but when this particular software only lasts for  a year before you have to renew then I would have expected it to be done fairly smartly. If there is a workaround could someone please let us know how so that I can update my airacs thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you still have P3Dv2.x installed you can update the AIRAC there and afterwards copy the files over into P3Dv3:

• Prepar3D v2\aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavDataPro\

to

• Prepar3D v3\aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavDataPro\

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just learned that the newly released NavDataPro AIRAC package is fully P3Dv3 compatible.

(I can't tell for my self, as I am on Navigraph)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I simply do not understand what kind of problem this should be.

Guys, when you look at the Navdata Pro screen you see all sims listed including 2 entries for P3D: one for P3D and one for P3D v2. simply choose one of it an d then change in the line below the path to your actual P3Dv3 installation and all is good. ;)

Please login to display this image.

Every time I try this I get a message you are entitled to download the new version of NAVDATAPRO yet I just took the previous one off & just installed downloaded & installed what I thought would of been the new version but still same old version.. So its still not working..   

NAVDATAPRO.. Its not letting me download the new cycle it keeps saying that I am entitled to download & install a new version of Navdatapro.. It will not let me download the new AIRAC cycle..  I already tried doing what you have shown above changing the files to P3Dv3 but it not recognizing it...

• Deputy Sheriffs

The AIRAC makes no difference between FSX, P3D or whatever. You got a valid subscription? Can you post some screenshot on what you are doing/seeing?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, the error message clearly tells something different. What kind of subscription do you have? Also try to retyp the serial you once got again.

4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Well, the error message clearly tells something different. What kind of subscription do you have? Also try to retyp the serial you once got again.

Sent you a message in your inbox with my account info..  

Archived