AES 2.40a is available now

OPabst

• OPabst pinned this topic

Hi,

many thanks for the new version with many new airports!

However, in my case Albysim Santorini for FS9 isn't recognized by the new AES. I have fixed this as follows:

Backup first and then open [your FS9 folder]\Aerosoft\AES\Airport\AESA_LGSR_ALS.CFG with a text editor

Find the line "SEARCH=epssgal,EXC santo_LWM2". Delete "epssgal," so that the line reads: "SEARCH=EXC santo_LWM2"

(Obviously, AES searches for a file epssgal.bgl that isn't included in Albysim Santorini?)

Save the file.

After this, I was able to activate LGSR with success.

Regards,

Harald

Hello Oliver,

I have an issue with LTFJ but I am not sure if this is caused by AES or by the scenery its self. 

Normally there are 3 parking positions at 1 parking bay.

For example lets take 204 bay.  There is 204A 204 and 204B

This is the same for all the gate parking positions at LTFJ as the middle position is for heavy aircraft and once heavy aircraft park on the middle parking position both A and B get connected to the aircraft for faster boarding and deboarding. 

However when I approach the middle parking position and shutdown AES does not recognize any aircraft. Only on A and B gates are aircraft recognized. 

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Hello Oliver,

I have an issue with LTFJ but I am not sure if this is caused by AES or by the scenery its self. 

Normally there are 3 parking positions at 1 parking bay.

For example lets take 204 bay.  There is 204A 204 and 204B

This is the same for all the gate parking positions at LTFJ as the middle position is for heavy aircraft and once heavy aircraft park on the middle parking position both A and B get connected to the aircraft for faster boarding and deboarding. 

However when I approach the middle parking position and shutdown AES does not recognize any aircraft. Only on A and B gates are aircraft recognized. 

AES will always use the Gate, the developer has used in there Afcad. Multiused Gates could not be handle in AES at the moment, so we can only define L/R or Middle, but not all.

Hello

in the latest version of Zurich V2 problems with jetways being attached at the wrong doors. For example second jetway to the first door and first jetway to the second door, i saw that at gate E46 and also an another gate which i dont remember. They end up being on to each other. I also saw that some gates like E36 which has two jetways only one will attach to the aircraft and while its trying to attach it will bump again onto the other one. You might have to see enough issues with this new airport from aerosoft.

• Developer

Hello

in the latest version of Zurich V2 problems with jetways being attached at the wrong doors. For example second jetway to the first door and first jetway to the second door, i saw that at gate E46 and also an another gate which i dont remember. They end up being on to each other. I also saw that some gates like E36 which has two jetways only one will attach to the aircraft and while its trying to attach it will bump again onto the other one. You might have to see enough issues with this new airport from aerosoft.

Have found 2 gates with this issue, a fix is added now to the first post here

• Developer

Oliver, thanks for the AES 2.40, just quick question, for WIMM BdoAviation for future AES will support the FS9 version? Since BDOAviation always release 2 version FS9+FSX. Thanks

I don't have seen a FS9 Version yet, when it will be release later, AES will take it on the list, when available.

Oliver

Thank you very much for applying AES to my CYQR scenery.  It was quite unexpected but a very pleasant surprise. It is a fantastic enhancement.  You have my gratitude.

Greg Putz

• 4 weeks later...

I am at the moment not going to use all the FlyTampa new airport installers.

With the version 2.40a can I still use the AES for FlyTampa airports that I am not updating  (at present),  as well as the new updated airport versions.

• Developer
vor 34 Minuten, Christiaan sagte:

I am at the moment not going to use all the FlyTampa new airport installers.

With the version 2.40a can I still use the AES for FlyTampa airports that I am not updating  (at present),  as well as the new updated airport versions.

Yes, older Version of the scenery should still work.

• Developer
Vor 1 Stunde, edetroit sagte:

I ran the installer but am not seeing AES support for Southend EGMC. (FS9)

edit ;There is no AESA_EGMC_UK cfg

The file AESA_EGMC_UK2 cfg is included and doublechecked. Please check that you have 2.40a in AESHelp and that you have installed the Update V1.2 for the FS9 Scenery from UK2000

48 minutes ago, OPabst said:

The file AESA_EGMC_UK2 cfg is included and doublechecked. Please check that you have 2.40a in AESHelp and that you have installed the Update V1.2 for the FS9 Scenery from UK2000

My apologies. I ran 2.40 again instead of 2.40a. All's well.

Hallo Oliver,

just updeted mey AER Version 2.40 to 2.40a.

It seems to be that there are less freeware  airports that don't need credits supported since the last update.. (FS2004 Version) like:

ISD Project LIRF Rome, HSP Athen, Zuerich LSZA (Freeware) and maybe some others needed no credits before. I'm not 100 % sure because I did not made a airport list before (or it has been overwritten) . Of cause these "free" airports ar a gift BUT it would not be fair when a gift was taken back....

If I m wrong I m open for your explaination, but I m really sure that now I lost a few airports I had for free in Version 2.40.

I ve attached my presend airport list.

Best regards

Henning

AES Airportlist.csv

• Developer
vor 35 Minuten, Henning Sauer sagte:

Hallo Oliver,

just updeted mey AER Version 2.40 to 2.40a.

It seems to be that there are less freeware  airports that don't need credits supported since the last update.. (FS2004 Version) like:

ISD Project LIRF Rome, HSP Athen, Zuerich LSZA (Freeware) and maybe some others needed no credits before. I'm not 100 % sure because I did not made a airport list before (or it has been overwritten) . Of cause these "free" airports ar a gift BUT it would not be fair when a gift was taken back....

If I m wrong I m open for your explaination, but I m really sure that now I lost a few airports I had for free in Version 2.40.

I ve attached my presend airport list.

Best regards

Henning

AES Airportlist.csv

Sorry Henning,

that is not true, what you say. No credits have change for any airport since it was first released, not in 2.40a or before.

Not all Freeware Scenery Addons are/was free in AES too. Many but not all, like ISD Rome  or HSP Athen. But that has not changed since years, AES 1.90/1.94 is a long time ago.

Oliver,

Thanks you so much for this update and making the FlyTampa updates to work! :grouprespect_s:

My question still stands: I see Flightbeam KSFO HD is not listed, are you planning to make this beautiful scenery to work with your great, great AES?

Robert

• Developer
vor 14 Stunden , romeocharlie sagte:

Hi Oliver,

I've downloaded and installed FlyTampa Dubai vers 2.4 and installed AES vers 2.40a, but AES is not seeing the new version of Dubai. Can you help me, please?

Thanks

Rob

Please start the FlyTampa Configurator and activate the Gate Docking Safegate Type 1B Option for Dubai. Then Start AESHelp again.

• OPabst locked and unpinned this topic

Archived