Is there any update planned in the close future for Zurich?
Since the release of v2 several changes have been made, or are ongoing, in real life. I know, it is not possible to keep the high number of sceneries exactly up to date after every small change, but currently there are several crucial changes going on at Zurich airport which have an impact (positive and negative) on the airport operation. The list below is not complete, as there are still many changes planed in the relatively close future. This mainly will also include the planned taxiway around the threshold of Rwy 28 to Rwy 14/32, which will result in a removal of several buildings and construction of the taxiways and more. Also there are plans going on on building a new tower and terminal A, but I haven't seen public available plans now.
Besides the list below, I request a possibility to disable to static carts on gates where an overlapping of stands is available. This means especially complete terminal B, E and the southern part of terminal A. On the open stands this should be possible on all stands, as an overlapping is always possible.
Why? As a ground handler (real life) and pilot/ATCO on VATSIM, I can tell you that sometimes it is required to place aircraft differently. Example: I want to place a widebody on B35, but there are carts between the stands B37 and B33. (Right now I am not completely sure if this is one of those gates, but is likely to.) Parking on carts is really not nice.. ;-)
Changes in real life till today (since v2):
- Golf (G) Stands added (just westwards/next to Werft 3) --> 11 to 14 on eastern side, 1 to 6 on western side of the taxiway. Taxiway leading into the Golf stands is taxiway Echo (E). They have just been taken into operation. (05, 06 and 13,14 will be in the next two to three weeks, as they still require approval.)
- Delta Stands have been modified slightly: Jetblast fence between Delta 6 and Taxiway Echo have been removed in order to allow straight out taxi.
-Whisky Stands have been "upgraded": W41 and W42 have been added between GAC Sector 7 and taxiway Lima.
- Alpha Stands have been modified. Most widebody stands have been removed. On the north side this belongs to: A43, A45. A47, A51, A53, A55, On the south Side this belongs to A50. The signs on the terminal wall have been removed/covered with dark gray paint or place holders (I can't tell it from the ground...)
- India Stands have been modified. Since the Avros are not used anymore by SWISS, the India Stands with the numbering of 90 and higher have all been removed and only the Stands India 01 to 05 are available. The Equipment parking between I 02 and I 03 has slightly been adapted to the needs.
- Foxtrot Stands: The stands west of F72 (so: F70, F71 and F61, F62) and the "straight" parkings have been removed. (only 72 to 75 available now) Also the Taxiway Y has been shifted. --> More about it later.
- Taxiway E has been extended into the Golf stands (as mentioned before).
- Taxiway R has been extended in order to access the W41 and W42 and was connected to taxiway Lima.
- Taxiway Y was shifted. The western connection to taxiway Alpha was shifted eastwards after the F-stand removal and an GSE area was generated on the now available space.
- New Rapid exit taxiways are currently under construction to Runway 28 between the Runway crossing (16/34 and 28/10) and the end of the runway.
- "The Circle" at Zurich airport is currently being built. Old buildings in its place have been removed. This includes everything on the eastern/inner side of the circular public access road at the airport.
- Some buildings between the baggage sorting building and the check-in 1 have been torn down and a new extension to the baggage sorting is under construction.