General chatter (NO SUPPORT)

If you like to share experiences, screenshots, overall impressions...

170 topics in this forum

1. FSDT waiting on AS A320/A321

• 2 replies
    • 4 replies
  2. wow

• 5 replies
  3. FPS

• 5 replies
    • 4 replies
  4. GPU vram usage?

• 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
  5. Airbus and GSX

• 1 reply
    • 4 replies
  6. Closing topics?

• 5 replies
    • 5 replies
  7. 318/319 FPS loss

• 15 replies
  8. Push Back

• 4 replies
  9. This is the best...

• 6 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 5 replies
  10. Bundle already??

• 10 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
  11. A321 Fuel Question

• 4 replies
    • 1 reply
  12. progress, updates etc

• 1 reply
    • Hi Mathijs   Thanks for your reply.   I have done some further experimenting with other fully managed RNAV approaches. The issue is not present on all RNAV approaches. If the final approach fix (FAF), indicated as (F) on Lido charts,  is at the platform height the FINAL APP will engage shortly after passing the FAF. However on RNAV approaches where the FAF is below the platform height, ie on the descent profile, the FINAL APP will only engage shortly after passing the FAF while the aircraft is still maintaining the platform height. In this case on such approaches the aircraft can be way high above the profile before the FINAL APP engages with excessive nose down pitch and rate of descent to regain the profile.    This is evident on the following approaches, regardless of the STAR or transition:   Mauritius - FIMP RNAV(GNSS) 32 (VIA EVOTU) Tanzania Kilimanjaro - HTKJ RNAV(GNSS) 27 (VIA GABNI) Switzerland Geneva - LSGG RNAV(GNSS) 22 (VIA SPR) - In this case the aircraft is maintain 7000FT passing GG808, 3000FT above profile, when FINAL APP engages. With the APPROACH mode armed the FINAL APP should already have engaged at or before SPR at 7000ft.   All of the above approaches have in common the FAF on a descending segment. Approaches that work fully managed such as LSZH RNAV(GNSS) 14 and many others, have the FAF at the start of the final descent segment.    Although I have not yet tried it, I would imagine that this issue may also be the evident with certain fully manged VOR approaches too where the FAF is on the final descent segment.   Trust this helps.    
    • Good morning all,   I experienced this issue yesterday.   Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64 bit) Simulator version: P3D v4.4 Airbus version: Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional v1.2.3.0Add-ons in use: Orbx Global, Orbx Open LC Europe, FlyTampa Amsterdam, UK2000 Birmingham FREE, Active Sky for P3Dv4, Chaseplane, GSX Level 2 Bundle, vPilotSystem specs: Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR4 Ram @ 2400MHz, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Description of the issue: I was in flight, climbing out of Amsterdam passing FL310 and turning right to my next waypoint when the aircraft seemed to shut down completely. I was streaming on Twitch at the time so you can view the clip of the moment here https://www.twitch.tv/ripplyp3d/clip/SpunkySecretiveSageDeIlluminati   And if you'd like the full recording (including previous flight and preflight etc), here it is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399898269  (Occurs at 2:55:55) Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen? I flew the flight again with the same company route but was unable to replicate the issue. I did not have logging enabled but I have now turned the feature on in case I experience the issue again. I was however, flying on projectFLY and the tracking from there is available here https://app.projectfly.co.uk/app/#/logbook/1456012 Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.): The incident occured on the second flight I was doing (I did not reload the sim). I've attatched the SimBrief route I was using through the company route feature.   If I've missed any information or you'd like to know more, please let me know. Regards, Tom   EHAMEGBB_PDF_23Mar19.pdf
    • Hi all, I just bought the P3D v4 update for mega airport Berlin Brandenburg and everything has been fine so far except the scenery configurator. The issue is, that because I have P3D installed on my E: drive, when I start the configurator up, I get the message which you will see in the attached picture, stating that it can't find my P3D root file. Anyone has any ideas on how I could fix the issue? Thanks in advance for any help, F.
    • Seltsam, bei mir gibt es mit der Boeing während des Betriebs absolut keine Probleme. Zuverlässig vom Ein-  bis zum Abschalten. 
    • Hallo Papierflieger!   Das ist "Hochwertfliegerei"! Da kann ich mit meinen bescheidenen Kenntnissen nicht mehr mithalten und bin deshalb raus aus dem Thema!   Gruß und allzeit happy landings