Manual Flight, Autoflight and Flight Management

All discussions and questions about the Flight Management system and autoflight (autopilot etc) and manual flight.

301 topics in this forum

1. Pinned topics
    • 0 replies
  2. Topics
  3. Back to square one

• 5 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 4 replies
  4. CTD during FPLN introduction

• 6 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 57 replies
    • 2 replies
  5. FMC Issue

• 4 replies
  6. Picking up localizer

• 1 reply
    • 8 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
  7. Aerosoft CRJ crashes

• 5 replies
  8. Custom waypoint errors

• 5 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
    • Thanks for that very detailed and descriptive response, Dave!  How would I go about making my P3D window the same size as my monitor?
    • Hi!  It says “Not responding”,
    • Also, I just Googled "P3dv4 CTD when using menu" and came up with a very good thread about this over at AVSIM.    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/530304-p3dv41-crashes-opening-options-menu/  
    • Same problem here.   I downloaded from aerosoft shop.   When I try to uninstall, I get an error ' no logfile found'. ASupdater is not present, or says that there's no product installed.   I can fly the plane, by the way.   Regards,   Martin Pampiermole
    • Just like back with FSX, P3D can be fickle with some resolutions/window sizes, and you change all this whenever you run a window that isn't the same size as your monitor (it's a type of scaling).   What I'd like for you to try is making your P3D windw the same size as your monitor and see if you still get the same CTD when you click on the title bar.   Why would this only affect P3D with the Airbus loaded?  Well, I don't know exactly for certain, but it likely has to do with the texture sizes (2K textures) with the Airbus and the scaling that occurs when you use a smaller window size than your monitor.  One thing you can try is to wipe your graphics driver using DDU, then install the latest graphic driver for your card.  You should do this even if you're running the latest graphics driver. Then remember to reboot and then clear your P3D Shaders.  Finally (and this may make all the difference), if  you're running an NVIDIA card you might want to try changing your scaling settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel (see graphic below).   If the above doesn't resolve this for you, then I'm remember way back in FSX there was a similar problem for a few users when using the FSX main menu and the cause was the Library (dll) files for Windows 7 and the SIm were a bit messed up resulting in a CTD.  I'd say that if you have to run your sim in such a small window, then maybe migrating to Windows 10 may solve this for you.