!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

City Bus Simulator

352 topics in this forum

• 6 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 9 replies
  1. FPS lags on CBS munich

• 5 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  2. Tutorial

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies

• Hello so I would like to confirm. Does that mean there will be NO A330-200 for P3d v4.5? thank you
    • Hi Mathijs, does this also include that the smaller busses will get independent ND's for example? thats something I keep missing. What would also be nice in the smaller busses, but really only a neat detail, would be to make the side window blinds operatable like in the A330. Any answer to this? I'm on the verge of rebuying the A320s for P3Dv4 right now and this is kind of a deciding factor.   Regards  
    • Dear Mathijs,    Thank you for your reply. I understand the fact that Aerosoft is not able to change the data as it supplied by Lufthansa Systems.    In addition, attached you see how the instrument approach (BIAR - LOC B 01) is generic provided by the same supplier to our company navdatabase.   As coded IEY45 (MAPt) with an altitude contrain. Maybe you can forward this as additonal information.    Best regards,
    • I believe it was an issue with GSX. Not flown her since.
    • Friends, let me explain what we are planning in 2020 for the Airbus (and CRJ) series.   First of all, let me say how incredibly lucky we are with so many simulators that are simply very good. Laminar (X-Plane), Lockheed (P3D) and Microsoft (FS) will all be superb simulators in their own right in 2020, while for many people FSX remains a viable (but unfortunately not any longer commercially viable) simulator platform. We are spoiled for choice and that is amazing.  With these choices come the fact we need to make decisions. As we do not know what the biggest platform will be late this year, these decisions have to be made with some flexibility in mind.   To be perfectly honest, we were very enthusiastic about P3D V4 in the beginning but as many parts of the graphical engine were left half done this enthusiasm slowly evaporated. Doing the modeling of the CRJ and A330 using the latest standards was a royal pain the behind to be honest. The fact there are almost no aircraft add-on devs who do fully blown P3D V4 models (95% has only partial PBR for example) speaks volumes and our worries were shared by other developers in non public forums.  So clearly we are not looking forward to redoing the A318/319/320 and 321 to the latest standards. It will mean many many months of work (as we do not just want to drop some {BBR textures but do it as it should be done) and will bring in almost no new sales. Asking an update fee for this is not really our style.   At the same time Microsoft is showing us what a simulator can look like in this day and age. As you might know Asobo was so kind to invite me a few times to their offices (as I live close to them) and when we saw the sim for the first time running, the sound you heard was jaws hitting the floor. What we all thought were rendered demo video's turned out to be real in game footage, not even on a crazy hardware system.  I follow up visits we learned a lot about the platform, what can be done, how things should be done and above anything, how determined Microsoft and Asobo are to assist developers. If we have a question, we call them and get answers. Let me tell you, that's bloody amazing. (BTW, Lockheed was also very approachable for us for a very long time). As you know Aerosoft loves all simulators. we sell add-ons for FSX, P3D, X-Plane and AFS2 . And we'll continue to do so, Flight Simulator will just be another platform. But one that we believe very strongly in.    So at this moment we decided not to work on full new builds of the smaller busses for P3D V4.  We do expect P3D v5 somewhere this year and are sure a lot of the issue we now have will be solved. We decided that because we feel the current versions are pretty strong and can stand the competition in the same price range. What will come very soon is a smaller update that adds the Electronic Flight Bag to the smaller busses. This will be at the same time as we can include Navigraph support for those device.  After that we'll still work on open issues and if there is time we'll also complete CPDLC that is partly developed at this moment. At the same time we will start working on the Airbusses and CRJs for Flight Simulator. How much of those will be 'ports' and how much will be done to the new standards remains to be seen. As there is no SDK yet it is impossible to say what can be done and what not. For sure the old idea you will not pay again for code you already bought will remain intact, so depending on much how will be new, you will get a substantial discount if you own the current versions. The same is true for our scenery products and tools. A smooth transition is the key. There will be enough problems and new things to deal with.  Depending on the manpower we have available (we are expanding our development staff) we will also being as soon as possible on a project that is fully based on the new standard. Most likely that will in the form of the Twin Otter that seems ideally suited to explore the new world of Flight Simulator.    I hope this clears up some of the questions. If you like to tell me that we are bonkers and P3D will remain the platform of choice, feel free to do so in reply! As I said, there are a lot of uncertain factors and your opinion is always welcome.