• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
  7. ATR 72-500 ?'s

• 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies

• Hi...!!!   I was hoping someone can help me with this problem?  I installed AES version 2.45a and now suddenly the program doesn't work at all in my Fs9 ? I have used AES for years and nothing like this has ever happened before? I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it a few times over hoping to fix the problem but to no avail. But whenever I download the program into my fs9, it keeps giving me the following message:   Run-time error 53 File not found   Once I click the ok  on this message, the new AESHelp window disappears and that is that, there is no connection at all  and the program does not work in my simulator. Other than this issue my Fs9 is working fine.... Can someone please help me with this issue? It is so frustrating....... All the best gregg
    • Real world RJ trainer here,   Both FDs need to be turned off in order to make this work. Keeping either one on will prevent the reset from occurring. Although (in the real plane) they offer separately computed guidance cues based on tiny differences from their on-site inputs (ADC, AHRS, FMS and radio NAV, etc), the Flight Control Panel inputs are shared between both, so as long as one FD is awake, the other will always match it when it's cycled.    That being said, clicking the TO mode early isn't that big a deal as long as you re-click it on the runway. For takeoffs, there really isn't another mode that makes sense as the TO pitch and roll indications prevent erroneous or dangerous initial climb guidance. Once airborne, then you can swap over to SPD or VS mode for vertical guidance and HDG or NAV for lateral guidance. Personally, taxing with the TO mode displayed happens.    TO/TO is the only authorized takeoff mode for the FD in the CRJ. I teach our crews to kill the FD completely and leave it off until going on the runway to preclude an accidental takeoff in an un-authorized mode. By having it off, you're removing the chance to mistakenly think it's properly configured when lining up.    Happy flying! 
    • Can you confirm the over reflective textures are down to an issue with RealLight? Do you know if there is there a work around available in the short term? This reflection issue is also apparent on other P3Dv5 products, so do you know if new textures will be required or is it waiting on a P3Dv5 update from LM? Thanks for looking at this. Gary
    • Check to see if you have any edits going on in the other FMS. If you do, this inhibits any changes to the FMS when they're synched.   No other workaround, and this is how the real plane drives us nuts when both Capt and FO try to push in a route edit at the same time without talking to each other lol
    • The first one enables VNAV, Second one is a placeholder right now, work in progress. 3rd one adds a tiny green line to the speed tape to let you know if you're going too slow (customer option on the real RJ) Final one is to display whether or not the speed trend magenta line displays on ground or not (customer option on the real RJ)