Specific-3d-Design

Support for the Specific-3d-Design aircraft, Discuss Gliders, Robin DR400, Dimona

294 topics in this forum

1. Discus Sounds

• 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
  2. Textures showing through

• 4 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. Thanks

• 13 replies
  4. Yaw String

• 3 replies
  5. Features and versions

• 5 replies
  6. WinchX!

• 5 replies
  7. Changing Registrations

• 2 replies
  8. FPS questions

• 9 replies
  9. Start of forum

• 14 replies
    • 0 replies
  10. First start

• 2 replies
  11. Readme.txt

• 0 replies
    • 444 replies
    • 0 replies
  12. Discus BT

• 1 reply

• For anyone else with this symptom, be sure to comply with Important Note 3 (expand the link to see it) from the "Before you buy" section:  
    • Hi Tizo,   as this is most likely the only P3D aircraft up to this point that is fully built with PBR textures, HDR needs to be on in order to get the full range of visual accuracy and fidelity. But as PBR has only been introduced into P3D at all, there are still some issues and quirks which can only be resolved by Lockheed Martin. Thus, we all have to make compromises as to what is possible under which circumstances and settings. And we feel that the look of the aircraft is just splendid with everything in PBR and that semi-modern hardware is capable of running with HDR on. At least my one year old laptop does also handle it nicely. So, we are confident about this compromise regarding the HDR requirement. Having said this, what might happen depending on your overall graphical settings, shaders etc. is, that the aircraft simply might look too dark without HDR turned on and would thus most probably not meet your visual demands.
    • Hi,   The external model is very nicely done, however there are areas that need to be at higher resolution. In my opinion its a pity the textures are not higher resolution cause the modeling is very nice.   Two areas that really need an upgrade in textures resolution in my opinion is the nosecone and the passenger windows.   In the screen above you can see that actually the rivets in the wing are in a good resolution while the windows are done at a lower resolution. Could that be improved? It would be greatly appreciated.    
    • Also requesting KLM  new http://airplanes.itsabouttravelling.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ph-akb-klm-royal-dutch-airlines-airbus-a330-300-02.jpg and old https://www.flickr.com/photos/11121980/6803040680/ please Thanks Robbie  
    • Hi,   I tried the A-Floor protection. I raised the nose 20 degrees and put the throttles to idle. The A-Floor protection kicked in but it was not fast enough.   The airplane was then stayed in the V-max red tape and started climbing. However it was climbing while the speed was well inside the red tape, around 10 Knots less than V-max.   This was sustained. The screen below is not a moment the speed dived. It stayed at that speed and kept climbing.   My question is, isn't the V-max supposed to be just above the stall speed? I mean at that speed, it should have been stalling I suppose and not climbing.